PDA

View Full Version : 11 things I wished I knew when I started my business

AniaR
11-10-2013, 04:01 PM
THESE ARE SO TRUE AND SMART. Give this blog post a read, I found it very accurate at someone who supports herself as a mermaid! https://medium.com/i-m-h-o/3dc264023df5

AniaR
11-10-2013, 04:05 PM
I'd especially like to add, this one is so true

SEVEN.
Spend less time researching, more time doing. Researching/studying/ reading other people’s blogs is a form of resistance. In order to get clarity, you must act. Clarity does not come by learning more, it comes by jumping in with your instincts and putting yourself out there, even if you don’t know exactly what you’re doing.
Block out the distractions (turn off the phone, Facebook, and Gmail) and take inspired action that feels fun, easy, and exciting. This will rattle your inner Perfectionist Catholic German Drill Sergeant, because you have been taught that succeeding requires you to do boring, tedious crap that’s difficult. Sometimes you’ll have to do boring stuff (prep your tax receipts) but when working your business, create daily, tangible goals that give you a sense of inspired accomplishment or you will end up sucking down shots of Johnny Walker and playing Candy Crush Saga at 3 in the afternoon. Or Instagramming the dog. Same thing.

OceanRose
11-10-2013, 05:58 PM
I'd especially like to add, this one is so true man, I really needed to read that one you quoted, Raina. Thank you

Jessica
11-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Great article! Thanks for posting this! :)

Mizuko
11-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Completely agree- the best way is to dive in, give everything a go. You learn better through experience, mistakes, winnings, etc, than anything :)

drucilla
11-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Thanks for posting, it's great advice!

AniaR
11-12-2013, 05:02 PM
I really really agree with everything she says here. it's so on point.