PDA

View Full Version : Cracks in Monofin

spottedcatfish
11-11-2013, 07:16 PM
Live a little and learn a little... I purchased a monofin on Ebay, it just arrived and I'm noticing some cracks in the top of the monofin and one where the foot pockets are... :p Besides the obvious return, I'm wondering if there is a way to seal these cracks, that is water resistant and will stop further cracking?

Seatan
11-11-2013, 09:50 PM
What kind of monofin is it? What is it made of?

ShyMer
11-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Photos would be helpful, too!

Mermaid Linda Stephanie
11-17-2013, 05:02 AM
There has been a thread like this before. Mine cracked at the top of the footpocket on the fourth use. I tried everything the other thread recommended along with other internet searches. I tried every type of glue (I tried about 5 or 6) and bike repair rubber tubing did not work. NOTHING worked. I would recommended returning the product. I eventually tore out the footpockets and glued water shoes in. I actually like it better than the original design! Good luck! :-)

spottedcatfish
11-17-2013, 05:57 AM
Hey so here's an update about the issue. I purchased a Rapid Monofin on ebay, that arrived to me badly cracked on the back of the foot pockets, that it was unuseable. I ended up returning the fin and I expect to get a full refund soon.

Mermaid Linda Stephanie
11-24-2013, 01:01 AM
Good to hear! Good luck and keep us posted! :)

spottedcatfish
11-24-2013, 05:10 AM
Thanks. I returned the monofin and got a refund. I plan to save up for a better freediving fin later.