PDA

View Full Version : Movers Ripped My Tail!!!

Prince Calypso
11-12-2013, 01:13 AM
So Ive been in the hospital for a while due to some stress related medical issues and depression.
while i was in the hospital my family moved house casue my mom thought it would be good for me

while i was in the hospital all my stuff was moved to the new house. i get out a few days ago and find my new room and couldn't be happier with the space. one big issue though.
THE FUCKING MOVERS RIPPED MY FUCKING TAIL!!!
My fishbutt's tail has a huge rip down the back and around the side to the front like someone tried it on who was too big for it.
when i asked my mom about it she had no idea what happened and had to stop me from ripping the movers to shreds when they showed up with the rest of our shit.
the head mover guy tells me these kinda things happen and it should have been in a box. the tail hangs on my fucking wall. my mom packed up everything else in my room herself not bothering with the tail under the beleife that our movers would be competent enough to handle it with some respect.
all i can figure is that some of the movers saw the tail and a few pictures of me in that were hanging in my room as well as around the house and had a great fucking laugh due to the gay freak in the mermaid tail and one of them must have thought it would be funny to try it on.

I nearly lost my sit when i saw it! Not only it this my first tail and has sentimental value but i was going to sale it to someone who really wanted it and would have been her first tail as well now i have to tell this girl that the tail is damaged beyond being fixed.
I would show you pics but my camera mysteriously went missing along with the move as well

Merley
11-12-2013, 01:21 AM
Aww, Calypso *hugs* I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles. It's bad enough being sick AND moving, but movers ripping the tail, now that's the last straw. That's terrible, for you and the girl who was going to buy it. I remember seeing a thread about it. I forget who started it though. My condolences to the both of you. Hope you like your new place at least and feel better, although that seems silly to say after the untimely death of your tail. Maybe Mernation could fix it? Hope your camera surfaces as you get to unpacking your stuff. And you're not a 'gay freak in a mermaid tail', humans never understand. I'd have that guys head on a platter.

Winged Mermaid
11-12-2013, 01:33 AM
Where they with a moving company? If they were it's possible you can get reimbursed for it. I know the shipping companies that always do military moves, if anything is broken you can file for it and they'll pay you reimbursement. If nothing else you can lodge a complaint with their company/boss. Tell them the nature of the damage that was done to your swimming equipment (that's what it is) looked exactly like someone had tried to put it on and ripped it, making it unusable.

I've heard of a few mers getting damage to their tails in moves. Now whenever I move even if I'm legally not allowed to pack it myself, I'll supervise them packing my tails and tell them how it needs to be packed and make sure they do it right.

I'm so sorry :( :hug:

Prince Calypso
11-12-2013, 01:48 AM
Where they with a moving company? If they were it's possible you can get reimbursed for it. I know the shipping companies that always do military moves, if anything is broken you can file for it and they'll pay you reimbursement. If nothing else you can lodge a complaint with their company/boss. Tell them the nature of the damage that was done to your swimming equipment (that's what it is) looked exactly like someone had tried to put it on and ripped it, making it unusable.

I've heard of a few mers getting damage to their tails in moves. Now whenever I move even if I'm legally not allowed to pack it myself, I'll supervise them packing my tails and tell them how it needs to be packed and make sure they do it right.

It was a moving company but it was one of those tiny little crappy run ones. my mom usually has me and by brother help with moving but with him in New York and me in the hospital she had to do most of the packing her self and just decided to have a moving service help. I did lodge a complaint with the company, the boss spoke very little English (no surprise) until i threatened to sue and demanded to see green cards. only thing they did do however was not charge my mom for their services.

Merman Arion
11-12-2013, 01:54 AM
Wow, bro. I'm sorry to hear about your tail. It's a shame because it's a lovely tail. :(
Is it fixable? Maybe you can send the tail to the people of MerNation. They fix tails for anyone who is having trouble.

:hug:

JamesGunnels
11-12-2013, 02:07 AM

You're not legally allowed to move your own tail...what?

And, I am so sorry to hear about your tail! You really should talk to the moving company about this. If they destroyed it, they need to pay you for it. That's such bullshit. They need to have respected you and left it as is and in one fucking piece. The disrespect disgusts me...

Mermaid Lorelei
11-12-2013, 02:09 AM
You're not legally allowed to move your own tail...what?

Some moving companies, especially those dealing with military moves, don't let you pack your own things for liability reasons.

JamesGunnels
11-12-2013, 02:16 AM
Some moving companies, especially those dealing with military moves, don't let you pack your own things for liability reasons.

ah makes sense...I am not in a military family...but I have a ton of military friends...I guess after bringing all that shit back from...say Germany...I wouldn't wanna move it myself as I know I'd break it all somehow...

MerEmma
11-12-2013, 08:23 AM
WOW...ugh, I'm so sorry you have to deal with that. I don't know the condition it's in but I'd look into emailing MerNation to get it fixed up...again, this really sucks and you shouldn't have to deal with it. I only hope the movers did NOT try to put it on but instead I dunno...something else happened to it. So much work goes into putting on a tail and just...ughhhh...

NerineArcticMermaid
11-12-2013, 10:21 AM
Hsmall ornot thry should be insured. Go after them!