PDA

View Full Version : Timid new swimmer

bitterfish
11-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Hi, I just found out that there was whole community of merfolk and I'm super excited to find out about you guys. I'm working on making my first tail and top slowly. I haven't swam seriously in years. Paddling about in the pool or ocean has been my tread, but I'm hoping to find a pool for me to practice in and get my sea legs back!

PearlieMae
11-12-2013, 12:15 PM
Hi Bitterfish! Jump in! The water's fine!

Echinacea
11-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Welcome, Bitterfish! What color will your tail be? Very neat to be making your own! Welcome to the family! :D

bitterfish
11-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Hi Bitterfish! Jump in! The water's fine!
Hopefully I will as soon as the water warms back up! I'm a freeze bunny, or should I say guppie? :D

Welcome, Bitterfish! What color will your tail be? Very neat to be making your own! Welcome to the family! :D
I'm hoping to find a nice navy or dark purple fabric for the base. Though I've been going through a lot of fish photo's to see if there is any fish colorings that call out to me. I'm trying to design a top I'd be comfortable with first. I've got a butt ton of modestly that's not letting me get away with a shell bra! ;)

Echinacea
11-12-2013, 03:05 PM
Maybe go for something like a tankini top, with some shells, rather than just a bra top. Take a look at Pearlie Mae's tail thread, she had some really neat looking fish there - arowanas? They have lovely bold scale patterns!

bitterfish
11-12-2013, 03:36 PM
Maybe go for something like a tankini top, with some shells, rather than just a bra top. Take a look at Pearlie Mae's tail thread, she had some really neat looking fish there - arowanas? They have lovely bold scale patterns!
I'm thinking about making a shell top tankini. Doing the bra based top and them add fabric 'seaweed' to the band. I think it'd look mermaidish enough.

thevirginiamermaid
11-12-2013, 05:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8FQMI-FHGs
Martha Stewart did a nice modest Halloween mermaid costume that could easily be transferred to part of your regular mermaid outfit. She uses a skin colored body shaper with shells on the bust (and you could easily sew/glue any other adornments on it to make it your own)

bitterfish
11-12-2013, 07:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8FQMI-FHGs
Martha Stewart did a nice modest Halloween mermaid costume that could easily be transferred to part of your regular mermaid outfit. She uses a skin colored body shaper with shells on the bust (and you could easily sew/glue any other adornments on it to make it your own)

Oooo. I could do that with one of my old swim suits!