PDA

View Full Version : closing americas oldest public aquarium

AniaR
11-12-2013, 05:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux7jifn58dQ

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/11/131112-national-aquarium-shutdown-ocean-science/

Fun123joker
11-12-2013, 06:31 PM
*SCREAMING* WHAT?!?!?! BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT WHAT DO YOU MEAN ITS CLOSING DOWN I JUST... SURE ITS SMALL BUT. ASDFGHJKL THEY HAD JELLY FISH AND A ALBINO CROC AND LION FISH AND AND AND ;A; oh god im sorry i need a minuet...

Fun123joker
11-12-2013, 06:32 PM
it closed on September 30th. i didnt have a chance to say goodbye

Merman Dan
11-12-2013, 06:46 PM
Come to MerFest in January. The Ft Fisher Aquarium we'll be visiting has an albino gator and loads of other critters!

babsannee
11-13-2013, 08:58 AM
Why did they close it? :'(

Kumori Kitsune
11-14-2013, 10:08 PM
Thats sad theres no aquariums in Indy other then the few at the zoo and fair grounds

Fun123joker
11-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Why did they close it? :'(
WARNING RANT ALERT

that what makes me mad
ok so let me tell you about it's location. It dose not have a entire building. it is part of the hoover building because of that its a really small aquarium but still good. just a bit bigger then a forever 21. plus its around right where you would enter DC. you would park at the Kennedy building. when you pass by it there is just a sign outside of it and leads to what looks like a regular door. then you go down to stairs into the aquarium. thing is they're closing it down because the hoover building is going through construction and they were just like "why not". they could of temporary ship the fish out and hey maybe make the place bigger. 50% of the place is the actual fish part. 43% is this whole thing about a comic in the sunday news paper about the sea. and 5% of it is the gift shop. and remember all of this is pretty much in a basement. NO the Smithsonian had money for it but they are spending it on the new museum all about African american history. they say "oh how we will cherish it and how we wish for i to stay" IF YOU DID THEN YOU WOULDNT BE CLOSING IT FOREVER. just...ugh. wtf government wtf