PDA

View Full Version : For The Love Of Scuba

Mermaid Melanie
11-21-2013, 03:46 AM
Hey guys so I just wanted to start a thread where you can share your diving pictures ! Pictures of fish or of you and your buddies diving ! I'll start it off with a pic of me and my customer Michael who was quite nervous about the dive but did very well for a first time diver in the open water. I saw these pics and it reminded me how much I love to teach scuba and it's because I get to open up a while new world to people, help them to overcome their fears and I just find it so rewarding anyhoo hope to see your pictures soon !

Fun123joker
11-21-2013, 04:22 PM
i want to be a diver. my only fear is the test! i herd you have to do a certain amount of laps without stopping and geez i dont think i could do it.

Mermaid Melanie
11-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Hey ! the swim test is done at the start of the pool session to make sure your fit enough to take part - its 200 meters but you can do any kind of swim stroke you want! you can do it all in backstroke ! I always encourage people to take their time - pace yourself its not a race :) and honestly ive had customers of all ages , physical abilities and most people manage it without any trouble ... some folk feel a bit tired after it but thats only when they try and blast it out fast as they can ! dont let a silly swim hold you back from experiencing whats below the surface :D x

Seatan
12-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Yeah, joker, Melanie is right. You an doggie paddle, float slowly on your back, whatever. It can take as long as you want. Easiest swim test in the world as long as you are physically capable of swimming. Two people dropped out of my certification class, but one was an older woman who had breathing problems and one was an extremely obese man. They were not able to do it because of serious physical challenges, but as long as you can paddle slowly or swim slowly on your back, it's really pretty easy. It's hard to fail, too--the point is not to make you fail, so people will encourage you and give you another chance if for some crazy reason you can't do it. They gave the really heavy guy like three tries on different days, but he was just too out of shape (he was SERIOUSLY obese).

green52
12-05-2013, 12:21 PM

This is in an aquarium. It was taken by a friend with a GoPro.

merlounge
02-17-2014, 11:32 AM
In the spirit of winter, how about an under ice dive!

seafairy
07-25-2014, 12:17 AM
Hey guys so I just wanted to start a thread where you can share your diving pictures ! Pictures of fish or of you and your buddies diving ! I'll start it off with a pic of me and my customer Michael who was quite nervous about the dive but did very well for a first time diver in the open water. I saw these pics and it reminded me how much I love to teach scuba and it's because I get to open up a while new world to people, help them to overcome their fears and I just find it so rewarding anyhoo hope to see your pictures soon !

Kudos to Michael for braving it up. It really is very rewarding to teach scuba diving then seeing your students being good at what they are doing. It makes you appreciate more and feel proud of your profession.

Mermaid Melanie
07-25-2014, 12:53 AM
Thanks Seafairy ! I have met some really amazing people through scuba and thanks for reminding me about this thread ! Will post more pics asap ! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seafairy
08-06-2014, 08:05 PM
Thanks Seafairy ! I have met some really amazing people through scuba and thanks for reminding me about this thread ! Will post more pics asap ! X

No, thank you! Thank you for sharing your knowledge on scuba diving because it's no easy profession but you are there, helping people out. Looking forward to more of your stories and pictures. :)

Arella
08-06-2014, 08:13 PM
I don't even remember that part of my certification test 🏊

Mermaid Curls
08-14-2014, 11:54 PM
If I can pass the swim test ANYONE can!

Mermaid Curls
08-15-2014, 12:02 AM
23398 This is the only picture of me diving.

Raayvhen
08-15-2014, 12:05 AM
Prior to my surgery I never thought I'd be able to SCUBA due to my breathing and sinus issues, I'm planning on starting next spring or summer when I'm completely healed.

Mermaid Melanie
08-15-2014, 01:08 AM
I used to teach scuba lessons at a kids club and they were just great so much fun !

Eaton
10-28-2014, 02:06 AM
Mermaid Melanie,awesome sharing. I liked your post and images. I also had great interest in learning diving. I know some basic things about it but I want to get complete training of diving. Can you tell me about some best diving schools in USA?

Mermaid Melanie
11-03-2014, 07:42 AM
Hey Eaton! Glad you liked it ! Well I have never been diving in the USA unfortunately but I have been to Florida and theres a lot of nice marine life there ! I dream of diving in the caribbean, if you got the chance or Hawaii ! Trip Advisor is a great way to read peoples personal experiences of dive operators.

heres some more dive pics for motivation to get diving people !

Pineapple Nudi <3 ! found this little guy at Richielieu Rock - North of Similan Islands, Koh Bon and Koh Tachai.

AptaMer
11-08-2014, 03:40 PM
Woo hoo! Great pic Melanie.

That's one pretty mollusc. Thanx for posting.

BayouMermaid
11-10-2014, 05:08 PM
I so wish that I had an underwater camera at the time that we last went diving. I've got one now, so once the weather warms up, I'll post some cool critters :)
Meanwhile, here is a super cute one of the fiance and I in the pool :)

Yulia
11-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Your braid!!! :jawdrop:
My hair is long, but I have a bit to that length.

Mermaid Wesley
11-10-2014, 07:43 PM
I'm getting certified right now. I did pool dives yesterday and next weekend I will do a beach dive! Exciting!

Emmadives
11-12-2014, 06:58 PM
These are some of my favorite diving photos: 2538625387253882538925390

Mermaid Melanie
11-12-2014, 09:49 PM
Nice pics Emma ! Love the black and white ! Where were these pics taken ? X

Emmadives
11-12-2014, 09:57 PM
Thank you! The first two are from the Florida Keys and the next three are from Roatan, Honduras! My husband is such a good sport taking photos. It's only going to get worse once my tail arrives!!

Mermaid Melanie
11-13-2014, 01:38 AM
That's awesome I love Florida sadly never been diving there but I did see my it's giant manta ray there! It was amazing we were parasailing at St Johns Pass and this manta was flying through the water next to the speedboat an I kid you not it was the same size as the boat ! At the time I thought it was a massive sting ray lol and I feel you I'm always asking David to take my mermaid pictures lol he would rather photograph sea slugs than mermaids though lolol but nah he's a trooper !

Emmadives
11-13-2014, 01:45 AM
That is amazing about the manta ray! I have never seen one in person before. When we were in Honduras, a group on another dive boat got to see a manta ray swim over them and we were all so jealous. (PS the tail you're making looks stunning - I just saw the thread about it and read through the whole thing! You are an amazing artist. I can't wait to see how it looks when it's all finished!)

Mermaid Melanie
01-21-2015, 01:49 AM
Hey Guys ! Sorry its been a while since I posted here but Ive been super bus like everyone over the holidays with family and friends visiting ! I wanted to post today to ask all of you for some help ! I have entered into Miss Diving Specials competition and would be so appreciative of your support ! The thing is despite being a dive instructor for almost 5 years, I have never been diving anywhere else, or been on a diving holiday for myself. Ive been dreaming of getting away to experience a new kind of diving, different dive sites and new and wonderful marine life and fauna ! Of course if I won I would also take my tail on this adventure with me ! I could never afford to go on a trip like this and it would be a dream come true for me ! I hope you will vote for me and help send this little mermaid on the underwater adventure of a lifetime ! Please click on this link to vote for me to win Miss Diving Specials :-https://premium.easypromosapp.com/voteme/29714/619471100 I promise I will document, photograph and video all aspects of the trip and share my experiences with you all ! Thanks for your support ! xxx

MermanOliver
07-12-2015, 05:17 AM
So, here is a short video of a school of perch I encountered yesterday. Not quite tropical reefs, but that has to do for northern Germany lakes... :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYqtn16b_bU

EDIT: Corrected the video embedding

Rioraptor
07-15-2015, 11:01 AM
Here's a picture of a moray eel that my sister and I saw on a dive. She took the picture, and edited as well :)

Rioraptor
07-15-2015, 11:07 AM
And here's another picture of a frogfish on the prowl. Saw this cutie while on a dive holiday with my family :D EDIT: I took and edited this :)http://s28.postimg.org/xxq8rfufx/IMG_3315.jpg

Mermaid Melanie
08-27-2015, 09:35 AM
Thats still lovely ! Ive just moved back to Scotland after 5 years in Thailand, can't wait to dive in the lochs here, have just got my own drysuit and wow its going to be weird but looking forward to it :)

Kait
01-17-2016, 09:29 PM
I made a new friend over the Christmas holidays. This gorgeous little guy hung around us for ages!
New York Reef off Cairns QLD Australia.