PDA

View Full Version : AHA "No animals were harmed in the making of this film"

drucilla
11-26-2013, 02:19 PM
There's been much controversy with this lately, and yahoo wrote an article on it. Apparently there has been many animal deaths and injuries going on during the making of these movies.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/animals-were-harmed--hollywood-s-nightmare-of-death--injury--and-secrecy-exposed-170847678.html (http://movies.yahoo.com/news/animals-were-harmed--hollywood-s-nightmare-of-death--injury--and-secrecy-exposed-170847678.html)

MerEmma
11-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Ugh...that really sucks. I hated Life of Pi anyway though.

drucilla
11-26-2013, 03:13 PM
Yea but now I feel bad for liking pirates of the caribbean. And for watching all those disney movies.

Echidna
11-26-2013, 03:45 PM
Horrible.
Now I'm glad I didn't see any of those movies
(except the Hobbit. And I hated it).

SeaNymph
11-27-2013, 06:07 AM
Very good that you bring this up, Drucilla. Thatīs disgusting how film crews go over corpses (in this case animals) to produce good shots. I always wondered how these war scenes with thousands of horses could be made without harming them. They fall, they cry, they stumble. How could this be made without "no animals were harmed in the making of this film"? This is pure lies.

Rogue Siren
11-29-2013, 06:23 PM
I liked the Hobbit and Pirates of the Carribean. Still do. I also liked Flicka.

They should do more to protect the animals though. :/ Some things are just crazy accidents though. Actors break bones and pull muscles more than we tend to think. Yeah the animals didn't sign up for this, but sometimes things happen. They seriously need to try harder though and not cover things up.

Theobromine
11-29-2013, 07:00 PM
Big-budget Hollywood movies were already on my shit list for various reasons, but this really puts it over the top. I no longer feel the slightest bit bad that my husband just downloads movies for free. I don't even want to give these goddamn studios my money anymore. In fact, I wouldn't be at all upset if they stopped producing these massively-budgeted movies anyway. Most of them are shit, and think of all the good things that money could be used for instead!!! Argh.

Echidna
11-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Actors break bones and pull muscles more than we tend to think.

It's still a big difference to actually being killed.
And if something happens, it's usually due to meagre precautions to save costs.

I know many people dig those "big explosions, super action"-movies, but I've always loathed them,
especially when it had screaming, panicked animals in them.

You know why every horse whose rider is "shot" rears or falls down with crooked legs?
Because there are thin, invisible ropes low over the ground to MAKE them fall.
Just so there's action, ya know.

This stuff needs to be made illegal asap.
Until then, I'll happily continue to boycott every shitty actionmovie Hollywood produces.

Mermaid Momo
11-30-2013, 12:46 PM
^ This.
Also most of the time the animals are the responsibility of their handlers. So it's the handlers not the movies who do this. After all, the movies are the ones spending money on the handlers whose jobs are to make sure the animals are being taken care of.