PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid music video (guest star Melissa)

Mermaid Adriel
12-13-2013, 11:14 AM
I personally love it :3 eve if a bit strange xD what do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1m-fb3XNuY

Theobromine
12-13-2013, 03:52 PM
I thought it looked kind of...awkward.

Rogue Siren
12-13-2013, 07:30 PM
Weird....

Mermaid Cascada
12-13-2013, 07:38 PM
I like it but I agree that it was a bit awkward.

Mermaid Lorelei
12-13-2013, 07:57 PM
The song's okay, but I agree. The filming seems a little... hmm. I would have preferred to see Melissa actually swim or something...

Mermaid Sparkle
12-13-2013, 09:00 PM
He needs to fire whoever the artistic director was. The song was fine, but the filming! :no-no: I could've done a better job than that.

Poor Melissa. I can imagine her showing up to the shoot and being like, "Where's the pool? What kind of tricks would you like me to do?"
And the director is like, "Go lay over there. And yep, that's all."
And Melissa is like, "Uh, what? Okay...."

Blondie
12-14-2013, 12:47 AM
I wish they got closer to her in her tail. They're standing so far away from her. It's like she's radioactive or something xD

Anahita
12-14-2013, 02:00 AM
Yeah, I wish they had featured more of her as a mermaid doing SOMETHING in the video. I mean, the artistic intent was there but uh.... Well, clearly the person in charge of filming and editing was not all that artistic. Also, I mean, she can't possibly be cheap to hire, so why would you spend all that money and then NOT have her do what she does best?

Could have been a way cooler video, but it just wasn't.

Also, I agree with you Blondie. What was up with giving her the 20ft pole treatment? :rolleyes: Directors. Eesh

Mermaid Adriel
12-14-2013, 07:02 AM
Totally agree with everybody about the video, they could have done something better than this; but I enjoy the song: another thing to add on my mermaid songs list ;)

Mermaid Oshun
12-14-2013, 09:50 AM
:clap:

Spindrift
12-14-2013, 09:50 PM
I just watched this in the library without any sound so I don't know if the music is any good. But I did burst out laughing at 2:09 when the camera just pans over to Mermaid Melissa. She looks so god-awfully uncomfortable throughout the whole thing. The poses just didn't work for her I think. It looked like she was straining. But yeah, whole video was super awkward (probably more so for me since I have no context without the story/sound).