PDA

View Full Version : Mermaid Name Vote?

Finley the Mermaid
12-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Sooo, I need help... I need to decide on a good mermaid name for when I start doing gigs! I have ordered a Merbellas tail and will hopefully be able to start in the spring. In the meantime, I'm trying to set up everything else so once I get the tail I can launch right into it. I had decided on Mermaid Cora (as I am called on here) but was discussing it with my family and they were not as into it... we talked about a few other options, and here the a few of the ones I like:

•Finley
•Carmen
•Lila
•Lucy
•Kiki
•Sandy
•Rose
•Ruby
•Mindy
•Darci
I’m leaning towards Finley, because puns. :)

Basically I don’t want a) a name another mermaid performer is already using, obviously b) something related to mermaid lore but potentially hard for clients to pronounce/decipher, like Undine or c) something more obvious, like Pearl. Not to say those are bad names, of course, just not what I'm looking for.

Ideas? Or thoughts on the above names? Or do you think I should stick with Cora? I can't decide! :p

halesloveswhales
12-27-2013, 09:07 PM
Oh my gosh, why didn't I think of Finley? So cute, go with that one!

Mermaid Harmony
12-27-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm so in love with Finley!

Seatan
12-27-2013, 09:40 PM
I really like Finley. I am dropping my name for gigs and just calling myself 'The Fairy Mermaid' (Mer Fay if they want to ask my name) just for the reason you mentioned--not being confusing to clients! (Especially since I will probably put a sticker on my car.) Finley is cute, short, different, and easy to remember. It makes me think of cute things, like kids, and that's good if you are doing kids parties! Not that Cara is bad at all, but I think Finley sticks in the mind better since Cara sounds more like a normal name.

MerEmma
12-27-2013, 10:59 PM
I've had Finley on my list of favorite mer-names for months now! With that said, I totally love it. I still haven't used it because it seems like everyone I know IRL hates it for some reason. I still love it though. I sort of like Carmen too though in a way. :)

MermanZen
12-27-2013, 11:43 PM
you should go with it what ever you decide should be what you want no one can make that decision for you, like our uniqueness in our own tail our Mer name is just as unique. for every pearl is different in its own way

spottedcatfish
12-28-2013, 02:12 AM
Finley is cute. Though it has some personal meaning for me, count my vote for it too. I also like kiki.

Merman Arion
12-28-2013, 04:13 AM
Finley and Darci are guy names in my opinion. I understand everyone's voice about the name Finley but i personally don't get a vibe from this one.

I would rather take Mindy or Ruby.

Good luck.

Mermaid Kelda
12-28-2013, 04:35 AM
I love Cora, but I love Finley too! I have a real penchant for androgynous names, and Finley's so gosh darn cute<3!