PDA

View Full Version : Merman in Kansas City

MysticMerman
01-02-2014, 01:17 PM
I'm a merman stuck in the Midwest. Lol. (Well, merman to be) I've always felt a super strong "magnetic pull" to water, and as I get older that pulls become a desperation. I spend so much time every day thinking of the ocean, dream about it at night, and it's an intense calling. Almost a NEED. Lol. On top of that, I never felt fully human. Obviously I am, and know it... But just always felt like I belonged elsewhere. Than I found Eric Ducharme, and he opened my eyes to a few others such as mermaid Melissa and I just thought "OMG! That's me! That's me. That's SO TAIL FLIPPING ME!" So I'm saving up to buy my first tail, and wanna try to share my lifestyle and passion with others. Gonna see if the local aquarium will hire me on to perform and clean the aquariums or feed the animals or something. Eventually I'd like to move to FL... It's a dry and less than mediocre life here in MO.

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
01-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Welcome, MysticMerman! It's always cool to have more mermen here. Hope your new year is off to a great start, and good luck with the aquarium job.

PearlieMae
01-02-2014, 04:22 PM
"I'm a merman stuck in the Midwest"

Sounds like a song lyric!

Welcome to the network!

Mermaid Adriel
01-02-2014, 04:43 PM
Yeah, I think we all know how you feel...

Welcome! :)

MysticMerman
01-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Thank you! I'm glad to have finally found a connection to a community filled with such awesome and like minded people! It's quite a relief! See, I'm a gay man in the Bible Belt raised in a military family. Lol. And the merman closet was just as hard to come out of as the gay closet, due to living in a culture and being raised in a family where you definitely have to stick with in your genders stereotypes. Not to mention wanting to be anything besides human is considered asking to treated like you're a little off in the head... Being land locked doesn't help much either because it's that much more unusual. Thankfully, I've not really been one to care too much about negative opinions when it comes to something I'm passionate I'm about and who I am at the core. And I like to use "unusual" to my advantage. =)

Joy&RaptorsUnrestrained!
01-02-2014, 08:29 PM
Haha... No worries... as a fellow gay man from a landlocked state and a conservative (Italian American Catholic) family, allow me to say that you'll fit in just fine.

Kishiko
02-27-2014, 11:31 AM
... It's a dry and less than mediocre life here in MO.

I completely agree with you here as a fellow Missouri Dweller (Missouri Prisoner...Hater...whatever you want to call it...hahah) If you ever find yourself more southern in MO (around Lake OTO) let me know!(:

LagunaMermaid
02-17-2015, 03:50 AM
I'm in the kc metro! Would love to collaborate!