PDA

View Full Version : Moving up the monofin ladder

Mer-Crazy
01-06-2014, 09:03 PM
Okay, so when I got tail I was pretty happy, until I realised I couldn't use it well. At first I thought perhaps it was because I had never used a monofin before, and I just needed to practice since it had a competitor in it and most people said I probably should try something easier. So, went out, bought a monofin I thought would be easier to train with, the Finis Rapid. Turns out, I can use a monofin just fine (that one at least), and I already want a faster one because I don't feel like that one's giving me enough power. I'm beginning to suspect that maybe my issue with the competitor may have been the constriction caused by the tightness of my tail (it's gotten to the point now it's so tight I can't wear it).

So the question posed anyway, what would be the next step up from the rapid? It doesn't have to be any specific brand but they do need to ship to Australia.

Ilyena
01-06-2014, 09:29 PM
Leader have good monofins and talking to another mer, they bought a Nemo-wing monofin, which they said was similar to a competitor. Have you tried swimming with a fabric tail rather than just a monofin to get used to the restrictions??