PDA

View Full Version : Any mers in for a meet-up? <3

Ariel-Starfish
01-09-2014, 11:49 AM
Hi everyone! :)

I was thinking.. I'm feeling quite lonely when it comes to my mermaiding and i'm looking for some people of my age to share this hobby with.

So let me introduce me a bit more!

My real name is Anne

I'm from Belguim (province Antwerp)

I'm turning 25 years old this year.

My other hobbies are: collecting stuff, mainly from the little mermaid,and Disney in general.
I also love to watch movies, I admire Johnny Depp and Lady Gaga.

and sometimes doing a bit of cosplay :)

Main reason is; I don't have many real friends; It's hard to get in contact with other people becouse of my Asperger Spectrum Syndrome.
Most people don't even notice, but that's becouse they don't know what it is. :/ and my other 'problem' is I have very bad eyes. I actually have to walk around with a stick for blind people but it's so ashaming so I don't and always go out the house with one of my ârrents near me.

So, If anyone wan't to meet up, please say so! :)

(OK, this is really a HUGE step for me posting this here, so please no harsh comments :rolleyes: )

Mermaid Crystal Shimmer
01-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Well, we are going to meet this year, whenever I have some money left for fuel I can travel ^_^ I also don't know people who love mermaids here, so I'd love to meet up =D
As for autism, almost my whole family-in-law has it, so I'm used it. My boyfriend has it slightly. So no excuses, as soon as I have some spare money we can meet up! Maybe mermaid Fenicia could join us? She's form Belgium too ^_^

Ariel-Starfish
01-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Oh that's really nice to hear! <3 That's so sweet of you! <3

Mermaid Fenicia
01-09-2014, 12:28 PM
Ariel, I love to be your friend (I know some more people with Asperger Spectrum Syndrome and I don't mind ;)) I love to be at a meet. If I can make it (that means if my friend can bring me) I'll bring my extra tails (and maybe some pool-toys) with me ;)

Echidna
01-09-2014, 01:02 PM
I'd love to meet other mers, problem is I can't travel far.

I'm frequently ill and don't lead a "normal", sociable life, therefor I don't have many friends
(I've been told I'm not "fun" to be around, as I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs, and hate loud smelly places like clubs or pubs :p).

Met some nice people at the pool, but none of them are mers and they probably think I'm not right in the head xD

Azurin Luna
01-09-2014, 01:41 PM
I would love to meet other mers, and I don't mind traveling by public transportation, so going to Belguim wouldn't be a problem for me. Where I live most people think I'm crazy when I swim in our pool and I only do it when they have adults only nights, cause kids are the worst here. I also would like to have more friends, cause I only have one very good friend.

Mermaid Evolet
01-09-2014, 01:48 PM
Hey Ariel.
I'm from Austria, so thats a bit to travel.
but i would love to meet other mermaids. here in Austria are only 2 mermaids and 1 merman from what i know =(
it would be really cool to swim together <3

Mermaid Riia
01-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Yeeeeah! Hi! My name is Anni (lol yeah :D) I'm 23 years and from South Finland. Although it's south it's still freaking cold.
I live with these two dudes
(he's enjoying the sauna in that one)

And with my "Don't put my pictures to the forum" boyfriend who is also my merwrangler, sometimes unwillingly
I'm a crazy cat lady, mer-obsessed, like crafts, love 80's hair metal, heart uk and fancy everything little weird and not so normal like tiny doll house furniture and well, mermaiding ;D

It would be nice if we were able to arrange some kind of mer-meet in Europe. It doesn't have to be like right away. If we give it time and plan properly it might work and more people could participate :)

Mermaid Oshun
01-09-2014, 02:04 PM
I love your cats! I have one little kittie I wish I had two too. So I guess Im a "crazy cat lady"too

Echidna
01-09-2014, 03:02 PM
So I guess Im a "crazy cat lady"too

make that three :)
I'm owned by 2 norway forest cats.
The smaller one just won't grow the thick winter coat normal for forest cats, and she loves sitting in the sauna with me lol.

*Celine*
01-09-2014, 03:54 PM
Grazy cat lady number 4 joining in! :-p

Hi, I'm Celine, 24 years old, I live In Ghent, Belgium and I'm considered to be the first professional mermaid in my country.
I'm in my last year at school and study Musical Theatre at the Royal School of Arts in Brussels.

I'm so psyched about this meet up, it's just too bad we don't have conventions (I would love to meet the tailmakers and everybody else, and we'd have stands with cool merstuff you can buy and more).

hope to meet everybody soon!!!

Jessica
01-09-2014, 04:21 PM
I know I'm not in this pod, but I'm a crazy cat lady too! I have five outside cats :)

this is Fuzzball ( my favorite!)

Mermaid Crystal Shimmer
01-09-2014, 06:23 PM
heh all crazy cat ladies.. I have 3 cats. 2 main coons (sisters, one normal, one fat XD ) and one red garfield-like cat.

Meet Gizmo:

Areyn:

Nala:

Mermaid Oshun
01-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Jessica I just want to pick up Fuzzball and squeeze her and steal her from you :lol::$
Maincoons are amazing Marijke

Azurin Luna
01-10-2014, 03:14 AM
Wee, I'm also a cat-lady :D I only have one cat though, he is called Mr Kat :)

Mermaid Fenicia
01-10-2014, 04:28 AM
Only 1 cat here (and she is from my boyfriend), meet Fluffy:

Merman Arion
01-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Hum hum... As much as i love cats and kitten, i think we should get back on topic ;)

I will have a talk about this with my friend Claire as soon as possible.
Like i previously said, it's her idea and i think it's great but it's still a debating project. There is so much to think about.

Ariel-Starfish
01-10-2014, 11:29 AM
My tread turned in to a cat picture tread? :confused: Haha! Thanks for the sweet comments! <3

Jessica
01-10-2014, 11:50 AM
My tread turned in to a cat picture tread? :confused: Haha! Thanks for the sweet comments! <3

Sorry! :) I think we need to start a "cat crazy mermaid" thread! :)

Mermaid Crystal Shimmer
01-10-2014, 12:06 PM
Back on topic: I think this could work mers from Belgium, Netherland and Germany?

Merman Arion
01-10-2014, 12:07 PM
France too ;)

Mermaid Crystal Shimmer
01-10-2014, 12:13 PM
Sorry, France too. ^_^ What place would be somewhere central and easy to get to? And what kind of place? (Pool?)

Merman Arion
01-10-2014, 12:25 PM
Well, while discussing, Claire mentionned our waterpark in Paris called Aquaboulevard. It's a nice place where even gay parties have been hosted in the past. I know because i have been there in one of these parties. It was quite fun to hang out with lots of beautiful men in trunks LOL ;)
Back on topic, it's a good place for a merfolk reunion : the pool is pretty big and can make waves, lots of plants, hot tubs and slides to have fun with.
We also have a big aquarium in the city which could be a nice thing to visit as a group.

I'm out of suggestions for now. Let me talk to Claire first to see if such an idea could be possible as I don't wanna make false hope.

Echidna
01-10-2014, 12:27 PM
To make this fair, and to encourage more mers to come, I suggest everyone interested in making this happen state this and their location here.

Then we'll look this up on a map, and try to find (if possible) the middlest region of all of us.
Once we've decided where that is, we can start looking for nice pools or aqua/dive ceters around that spot.

I'll start: I'm around Stuttgart (southern part of Germany).

Mermaid Crystal Shimmer
01-10-2014, 12:32 PM
I'm from Deventer, Netherlands, quite close to Germany. =)

Echidna
01-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Once we have the info together, I'll draw everyone in a map and look for the lowest common denominator, so to speak.

(We could alternatively use the member map, but not everyone is up there, and I only want to draw in peeps who really want to participate.)

Mermaid Fenicia
01-10-2014, 01:02 PM
I'm from Antwerp, close to the border of the Netherlands ;)
The only two pool I can think of where mers can swim
- Lakonia (http://www.lakonia.be/): they have 2 pool that are big enough for mers, but has a lot of chlorine and isn't deep.
- HDE (http://www.hde.be/): it's a dive-pool that has 3 depths, but is very expensive to hire and quite small for a lot mers.
One other pool thet I can think of is a private pool in some-mers garden or house, but I don't know any.
The only reason I can train in my tail at our local pool, is because I have my own buddy. I don't think other mers can swim there with there tails :(

Mermaid Riia
01-10-2014, 01:08 PM
Whoops, we'll have to start a cat thread :D lol got out of hand pretty quick

Map idea sounds legit. Like I previously said I'm from South Finland (travelling for me it is no matter what)
And I'm totally in if we can arrange a good sized, well-planned event. I wont fly w/ tail from behind god's back just to swim alone :( if you know what I mean ;)
Also, let's pick a country/city that is central and easy(and cheap) to travel to

Googled Aquaboulevard. So coooooooool

Echidna
01-10-2014, 01:34 PM
I wont fly w/ tail from behind god's back just to swim alone :( if you know what I mean ;)

sure do :p
That's what happened to our last plan.
After it became obvious no one would be there except Sishakir and me, I suggested cancelling.

As it turned out, I couldn't have travelled then anyway, and I'm not sure whether Sishakir went (she mentioned having booked and her whole family going), she never reported back since then and I didn't spot her on the forum either.

So now, we have:

Netherlands (gonna use the exact locations on map)
South Finland
South Germany
Belgium
France

gonna post a map later.

Ariel-Starfish
01-10-2014, 01:58 PM
I'm from Bekguim ofcourse :) I'm from around Antwerp. But I'll have to ask my parents to drive me anywhere the event will take place (and looking if there is something they can do to)

Echidna
01-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Alright, first map:

For Austria and Finland, I didn't have an exact location, so I just placed the dot in the middle :p

From first glance, I'd say the middle for longitude is somewhere in Germany.
Latitude- no idea.
It's rather Netherlands/Belgium-heavy :lol:

Azurin Luna
01-10-2014, 03:30 PM
I'm from Rotterdam, the Netherlands. And I don't know any good pools to swim in around were I live. So far I've only found one pool that didn't mind me swimming in my tail, but it's small and has nothing special.
I don't mind traveling as long as the costs don't go out of the roof (Likes to go to EuroFurence this year)

Echidna
01-10-2014, 03:41 PM
your dot is on the map already ;)

There are loads of all kinds of pools in Germany, but let's see who else turns up before choosing a locality.
There's also to consider; will we rent the space out?
Because that'd be a load of money, unless we find someone with a really big private pool :p

Azurin Luna
01-11-2014, 05:10 AM
I think it depends on the pool if we should rent it out. If its big I don't see any reason too, besides kids might like it when they could swim with mermaids.

And if I look on the member map, there should be a lot more European mermaids/men around, dunno how active they are though.

Echidna
01-11-2014, 07:01 AM
And if I look on the member map, there should be a lot more European mermaids/men around, dunno how active they are though.
yep, that's why I want some feedback before figuring them in.
No use planning on a location and time when nobody'll show.

*Celine*
01-11-2014, 08:46 AM
I know a big pool in Aalter, Belgium where I train. They allow mermaids so we could go there. the problem is that it's not very cozy, if you know what I mean. I wouldn't mind going to France, that pool looks amazing and the train tickets are really cheap if you book on time.

Echidna
01-11-2014, 02:17 PM
I wouldn't mind going to France, that pool looks amazing and the train tickets are really cheap if you book on time.

While the Aquaboulevard does indeed look very tempting, it's a popular and well-frequented spot:

It'd be too dangerous to do anything there except lying on the pool's rim, imo.
Maybe a less well-known and calmer place is advisable?

Besides, if we strive for similar travel distances for all mers, Paris is too far west.
It's an ok distance from Belgium and Netherlands, but would make for quite a long trip from Austria
(not to mention Finland).

Merman Arion
01-11-2014, 02:25 PM
While the Aquaboulevard does indeed look very tempting, it's a popular and well-frequented spot

Actually, when i talked to Claire, she mentionned that we could get the pool for ourselves only. At least, that's what i understood.
But it's not really clear yet so i will talk to her when i can.

Mermaid Evolet
01-11-2014, 03:20 PM
even if i have to travel a long way from austria. i don't mind. i'll go wherever the meet up will be ;-)

*Celine*
01-12-2014, 05:53 AM
While the Aquaboulevard does indeed look very tempting, it's a popular and well-frequented spot:

It'd be too dangerous to do anything there except lying on the pool's rim, imo.
Maybe a less well-known and calmer place is advisable?

Besides, if we strive for similar travel distances for all mers, Paris is too far west.
It's an ok distance from Belgium and Netherlands, but would make for quite a long trip from Austria
(not to mention Finland).

yeah, I see your point. But if it's like Arion said and we can get the pool to ourselves that would help.
And you're right when it comes to distance,... Maybe we can vote or something? or find something in Belgium? that's kinda in the middle of things, no?

We have to think this one through, it's a tough cookie :-p

Ariel-Starfish
01-12-2014, 07:57 AM
yeah, I see your point. But if it's like Arion said and we can get the pool to ourselves that would help.
And you're right when it comes to distance,... Maybe we can vote or something? or find something in Belgium? that's kinda in the middle of things, no?

When I go swimming in my tail, it's at a hotel pool and they are ok with that. It's called Althem hotel in Grobbendonk.

http://www.aldhem.be/home-en-us/facilities/ you can check my youtube videos for a look at the pool :)

http://www.logereninvlaanderen.com/img/pages/11148/8809AldhemHotelAntwerpen09.jpg

Mermaid Riia
01-12-2014, 11:07 AM

Don't worry about the distance, I'm okay with France. Always wanted to there

*Celine*
01-12-2014, 05:45 PM
When I go swimming in my tail, it's at a hotel pool and they are ok with that. It's called Althem hotel in Grobbendonk.

http://www.aldhem.be/home-en-us/facilities/ you can check my youtube videos for a look at the pool :)

http://www.logereninvlaanderen.com/img/pages/11148/8809AldhemHotelAntwerpen09.jpg

looks good, but is it big enough for multiple mers being in the water at the same time? It's looks a bit small but maybe it's just me.
And yeah I wouldn't mind going to France either.

I was thinking maybe we should check for available dates for everyone because that's going to be a problem too, I think...

Echidna
01-15-2014, 05:18 PM
The next Magictail-Meeting event is set for March 16th
(apparently in Freiburg, where their swim school is situated).

Probably more a german affair, but since I don't know whether I will be able to travel much farther,
I'll try to be there.
Would be awesome if someone from this forum would come too, so I know at least one person xD

I'll post updates as soon as they're announced.

*Celine*
01-25-2014, 11:38 AM
looks like we're in some kind of impasse here :-p, any news?

maybe we should check which period we want or can meet, I'm available during the easter holidays and most likely the summer holidays.

Ariel-Starfish
01-25-2014, 02:31 PM
My original post was ment to meet one, perhaps two people of my area and discuss all our mer stuff etc. But If this is going to be a bigger event, that's great news to! :) <3

Pascal21M
01-26-2014, 09:00 AM
Like the NCMerfest?

*Celine*
01-26-2014, 09:05 AM
Like the NCMerfest?

If only that were possible... I would love that

Pascal21M
01-26-2014, 12:50 PM
I wanna meet mers so badly.

Mermaid Crystal Shimmer
01-26-2014, 12:54 PM
I'm really up for a meet. Can't wait to talk to other mers. I don't think the people around me (even my boyfriend) understand how deep this passion goes. The only weeks I'm not available is the end of april (around easter) and the first week of august. Other then that I can meet about every weekend.

Mermaid Fenicia
01-26-2014, 02:29 PM
Same here

Ariel-Starfish
01-26-2014, 02:38 PM
@ Marijke: We def need to plan our little trip! <3 Pm me on FB :)

Pascal21M
01-26-2014, 03:00 PM
I'm also ready.

*Celine*
01-26-2014, 03:27 PM
So then there's still the issue of where we're going to meet, some locations where tossed in but no definitive decisions where made.... Are there other locations people are thinking of?

Echidna
01-26-2014, 03:51 PM
I was mentioning the Magictail Gathering because it's a lot like a Convention.
The pool is rented by mers, there is a program plan with events and stuff, one well-known pro mermaid joins, and so on.

Not sure how full it's going to be this year, but I bet it's a larger affair.
I didn't mean it to be a replacement for the European meet-up though.

Meet A Mermaid
02-05-2014, 06:15 AM
I came on this to talk about a meet up and then I saw the pictures of cats. I LOVE CATS! I have one at my house, a big bruiser called Jerry, weighs 7 kg. Then I have 3 at my mum's called Minnie (she moochers), and Cats Domino and Cat King Cole (we suspect they are both Jerry's daughter as he was the stray of the area and they look and behave exactly the same as him.)
We have a stray cat at my mum's talked Tom, the enemy of Jerry. Gorgeous cat but not very trusting so we have bought him a hut for outside my mums. And finally we had three other cats who are no long with us Salem, who unfortunately became the three legged pirate cat due to cancer, suki (my beautiful little lady) and Tess who was my first best friend and born the same week as me to my parents old cat. My uncle also has a cat called sam who is like our cat. He was my nannie's cat and we was always there growing up. He is now 24 years old and is super soft.
I'm a super crazy cat lady. Sorry! Hope people will still like me ! x

Mermaid Crystal Shimmer
02-08-2014, 06:05 AM
So then there's still the issue of where we're going to meet, some locations where tossed in but no definitive decisions where made.... Are there other locations people are thinking of?

I don't know any pools around here that are big enough for a bunch of mers. Maybe we could at least decide what month we plan to meet? I personally prefer later in the year so I'll have a tail (mine will be ready at the end of summer hopefully). And because that would give enough time to plan this thing and save some money up for travel and maybe a place to stay if it's far away. =)

Azurin Luna
02-09-2014, 07:44 AM
I agree, and maybe we can go to a lake, if the water is warm enough that is, if we can't find a pool to swim in.

Echidna
02-09-2014, 08:07 AM
If lakes are an option, that would solve any space and rent problems ;)

Just need to find one that's clear and safe enough (motorboats, jetski...)

Mermaid Crystal Shimmer
02-09-2014, 08:15 AM
A lake would be nice, yes! The water in the Netherlands is very cloudy.. no clear lakes at all around here. Maybe in Germany or France? Maybe have a pool nearby as a backup option? (if the weather is really bad)

Echidna
02-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Bavaria has tons of lakes.
Big or small, deep or shallow, near a big city or way out in the mountains.

Some of them are very clear (clearer than some pools), but those tend to be cold.
If we want to hang out in tails, maybe one of the warmer lakes should be chosen.

At any rate, a lake near Munich wouldn't be bad.
You can easily get there by train or autobahn, and there are lots of pools in case the weather acts funny.

Echidna
02-09-2014, 09:02 AM
One of my favourite lakes:

No boats on there allowed. Pretty secluded.
However, cold as a /&%!. 16° in summer, to be precise.

Close to the first, even more secluded (hiking through mountains needed).
Probably just as cold, but I bet no one else would bother us there :lol:

And while I'm going through my fav Bavarian waters:
the clearest and cleanest river in Germany (the pic is a bit dark, it looks gorgeous in sunlight)

but (surprise surprise) pretty cold :p about 15° in summer. lol

*Celine*
02-09-2014, 09:31 AM
A lake would be a wonderful idea!!!!

Mermaid Fenicia
02-09-2014, 10:26 AM
The pool where I practice have new rules :( That makes that I'm not aloud to swim in a tail anymore :(, but I still can use my monofins to practice ;)

Mermaid Crystal Shimmer
02-09-2014, 11:14 AM
Those places look beautiful! As long as we keep swimming (just keep swimming, just keep swimming =P ) we stay a bit warm.. when it's too cold we could get out of the water and relax on shore.

Pascal21M
02-13-2014, 09:51 AM
But 16 C will be a little cold

Mermaid Crystal Shimmer
02-13-2014, 10:08 AM
Yeah it will.. =( Aren't there nice (and warmer) lakes in France perhaps?

Pascal21M
02-13-2014, 11:51 AM
I think the idea of swimming in Bavaria is very excellent. Its in the near of me and we should where nobody can disturb us. Right?

Echidna
02-14-2014, 11:10 AM
well, if you want something warmer, there is for example the Chiemsee.

it's over 20° in summer, sometimes even reaches over 25° during August.

The third largest german lake, it has several pros:
-easy accessible
-outdoor- and indoor pools, as well as a thermal pool, in its vicinity
-motor boats are only allowed with a special license, so we'd have to deal "only" with electro boats and sailboats/surfers
-has much room and several small islands in the middle one could swim to
-average depth is 25m, which is ideal for tailswimming

con: murky.
sight underwater often ends "behind the mask", as divers say.

so we can choose from crystal-clear, secluded lakes that are ice-cold, or bearably warm lakes which are murky and overrun :p

if someone knows a clear and clean lake that also happens to be warm, please do tell.

Mermaid Evolet
02-14-2014, 11:47 AM
well i know one. but the lake is in Upper Austria.
its called "Attersee".
its clear and about 20-24 C in summer.
here is a picture:

*Celine*
02-14-2014, 12:17 PM
I've been thinking and totally forgot about the silverlake in Belgium (Zilvermeer) it's in Antwerp and it's also an underwater museum. I don't know the details, maybe the Mers from Antwerp can tell us more about this one. I mailed them once and Mers are allowed there.

http://www.duiken-in-belgie.com/Duiklokatie.php?id=2

Mermaid Fenicia
02-14-2014, 12:43 PM
Zilvermeer is mosty very busy when the weather is nice because very busy as there is a camping (little houses you can rent) nearby. :(

Pascal21M
02-14-2014, 03:08 PM
The Attersee is very nice. I will recomend it.

Echidna
02-14-2014, 03:27 PM
it does sound good. July and August, motorboats are not allowed, that's another plus.

it's a good deal farther to travel for all us westerners though.

Pascal21M
02-14-2014, 03:40 PM
On the Attersee or the Chiemsee??

Mermaid Crystal Shimmer
02-14-2014, 03:46 PM
For me it's an 8 hour drive, but it looks and sounds lovely! I just really want my Finfolk tail before the meeting. Otherwise I'll probably only have a fabric tail or no tail at all.

Pascal21M
02-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Which one marijke pie?

Mermaid Crystal Shimmer
02-14-2014, 04:21 PM
Which one marijke pie?
Attersee

Pascal21M
02-15-2014, 07:26 AM
Its about 81km away from me

*Celine*
02-15-2014, 01:49 PM
Zilvermeer is mosty very busy when the weather is nice because very busy as there is a camping (little houses you can rent) nearby. :(

I thought as much. Not a problem, Attersee is also fine for me. Maybe we could rent something nearby and share the costs?

Azurin Luna
02-16-2014, 12:22 PM
Sounds like a nice place, and my bf might like it too to go there with me :)

Mermaid Mhara
02-16-2014, 01:30 PM
Depending on when and where I might just get a passport and hop on a plane or train :)

Mermaid Evolet
02-16-2014, 02:26 PM
i could organize something , but i need to know how much are interested in making a meet up at the attersee.

Mermaid Crystal Shimmer
02-16-2014, 05:39 PM
For me, it all depends on the costs and when it will be. If my tail will be done by that time or not. But I'd love to go =)

Mermaid Fenicia
02-17-2014, 03:17 AM
As for me it's all depends if my boyfriend/mertender has to work that weekend or not.

Pascal21M
02-18-2014, 04:30 AM
I think the meeting should be in summer cause there is the lake very warm. What do you think about it??

Echidna
02-18-2014, 08:29 AM
I think the meeting should be in summer cause there is the lake very warm. What do you think about it??

sure, if it's going to be outside.
summer is my busiest mermaid-time though.

I'm already booked for several performances, and usually a lot more inquiries pop up during the season,
so not sure whether I'll be able to attend.

Pascal21M
02-18-2014, 03:47 PM
How much should it be maximum for all here who will come??

Mermaid Crystal Shimmer
02-23-2014, 05:59 AM
My tail won't be ready until end of the summer, so I won't be attending if it is held in attersee in summer because it will be too expensive for me. (travel, a place to stay, food and drinks etc) =(

Ariel-Starfish
02-23-2014, 01:31 PM
I heard the hotel pool (where I go swimming) will have a total makeover soon - so no meetup there :( Dunno when they start trough

Pascal21M
02-27-2014, 01:45 PM
Who will come??

*Celine*
02-27-2014, 02:05 PM
i wanna come, and we can do it in September to, no? A big chance I have my second tail finished then to

Pascal21M
02-27-2014, 02:12 PM
Ill also come

Mermaid_Dominique
02-27-2014, 05:13 PM
I would love a meet but it depends on when, where, if my tail is done (I'm making a sillicone one) and if I have enough money. :)

Mermaid Crystal Shimmer
02-27-2014, 05:36 PM
If it's in september I *might* go. All depends wether or not I have my tail by then.

Vixy
02-28-2014, 06:08 AM
I live in Cornwall, far down south in the UK. Would love to go to a meet one day.

Samantha Siren
02-28-2014, 07:44 AM
Vixy you should come to London.

Mermaid Lilium
02-28-2014, 11:29 AM
I'd love to come to a euro meet at some point but I'm already going to be saving up £1k to go to NCmerfest in january lol

There's a possibility I might be coming to denmark next summer but right now I couldn't afford to travel far this year X_x

*blushes* I'm also really bad with languages so only know English and I'm kinda traumatised from when I went on a school trip to france and ended up in a situation with a cashier who didn't know english and I didn't know enough french to know what she was saying to me and ended up panicing so bad and getting really scared and making a hasty exist from the shop. She was probably just asking if I wanted the reciept or something XD

So yeah basically I'd need to know that I'd always be with someone who speaks fluent english otherwise my anxiety will just completely put me off the effort of travelling anywhere *hides*

In the meantime if anyone wants to do a small meet in northern england I wouldn't mind talking to a few places locally.

Also, I will be in london between June 19th-23rd for my graduate exhibition if anyone wants to come and see my photography work or meet me =)

Pascal21M
02-28-2014, 12:58 PM
Then come to us

Vixy
03-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Vixy you should come to London.

I'll be in London October for the MCM comic con.

Mermaid Lilium
03-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Then come to us

For a meet at Attersee in Austria? I'd definately be up for it but it'll depend on if my tail is ready and what money I have because it'll be a flight over for me (and I'd have to rely on someone picking me up from the airport as I don't drive >_<) Next year would be more likely for me.

I'm fairly certain my mum visited austria when she was little.... she travelled a lot with her parents. I'll have to ask her about it, maybe she's even been to Attersee =)

Mermaid Lilium
03-02-2014, 07:16 PM
I dunno if it is useful but there seem to be a bunch of nice hotels and hotels with self contained apartments (for 4-5 people to share) that have their own lakeside beaches (often with swimming docks sticking out onto the lake) with their own heated outdoor pool for when the lake is too cold too.

here's just one I found: http://www.booking.com/hotel/at/aichinger.en-gb.html?aid=311076;label=aichinger-IuWhIN1Rc7xFQB45JqH8hgS4853486040;sid=165f6a0b252f 9ca78dc041e8d2d31919;dcid=1;srfid=c4362629ff30725f 77914d75033eb6e3db94bde6X1

it's about £70 per person per night from what I've seen, but many of the lakeside hotels are fully booked even in september.
I think if you wanted to all stay in one place together you'd need to get moving on it or have to be like 2km from the lake from what I can tell. Or be planning this meet for next year instead even.

And sorry it's a slightly swanky hotel I pulled up, I'm a picky hotel chooser but not quite THAT picky haha. I used to work in a 4 star hotel here, which had very high room standards :P

Mermaid Mhara
03-02-2014, 10:01 PM
In the meantime if anyone wants to do a small meet in northern england I wouldn't mind talking to a few places locally.

I'd love to do this at some point :) but I don't know of anywhere that would allow tails, if you do however I'm sure we could organise a meet! :)

Azurin Luna
03-06-2014, 04:28 AM
I wouldn't really mind if it was in september, the weather could still be nice.

But we really should deside were we are going and which date if we still want to be able to book hotels and flights and the likes.

Mermaid Lilium
03-06-2014, 06:58 AM
I'd love to do this at some point :) but I don't know of anywhere that would allow tails, if you do however I'm sure we could organise a meet! :)

I will ask around, I'm going to be approaching the Hilton here in blackpool soon about fin and tail swimming so I'll ask about doing meets in the future while I'm there.

I could also talk to the de vere (resort with two pools including a heated outdoor one) who let me fin swim to try out the pool, but i'd have to check about tail swimming - if you're not staying in their hotel though, the pool is for the health club members only (which is like £49 a month if you don't want to be limited on time... so way too expensive for me lol) But we might be able to work something out, and they have a starbucks, restaurant etc on site, but it's on the outskirts of town rather than in the center or on the sea front

There's also the sandcastle waterpark (indoor, kept at a warm, humid climate inside) who I asked before and they said no to fin swimming, but if there was a large group of us and we booked in advance or could manage to hire the whole place for a day/afternoon or something, it might be an option.

Then there's always the sea! Brrrr lol

Pascal21M
03-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Mermaid Lillum maybe it gives some cheap flight options for you to come.
I can search for you a cheap hotel when you would that.

Pascal21M
03-07-2014, 12:10 PM
The cheapest one here is the Gasthof Rosslwirt Smart DealHalt 4, 4881 Strass im Attergau
Its about 46 Pounds or 77 $

Mermaid Lilium
03-07-2014, 07:09 PM
The cheapest one here is the Gasthof Rosslwirt Smart Deal

Halt 4, 4881 Strass im Attergau
Its about 46 Pounds or 77 $

looks good and it's cheap but it's 10km from the lake and I don't drive and wouldn't have a car (I could certainly walk it but it would take a while lol)

and plus I'd want to be staying in the same hotel as you guys :P It's why I was suggesting paying a little bit more to stay at a hotel on the edge of the lake, preferably one of the ones with its own heated pool that we could carry on the festivities in, into the evening when the lake temp drops.

But like I said, I'm more likely to be able to do this next year, I graduate this summer, might not have a decent tail ready for this one, and I'm already going to struggle to save up for NCmerfest in January as it might take me a while to find a job X_x

Pascal21M
03-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Or maybe this: http://www.booking.com/hotel/at/gasthaus-pension-zur-nixe.en-gb.html?aid=343336;label=operasoft-sdO15-343336;sid=748ed02d79c4c42e48d2a8f802514d8b;dcid=1 ;checkin=2014-09-07;checkout=2014-09-10;srfid=e188e4b7e0df96c425dbe8e3e1a0ff2fdef5ddd7X 1

its nearer to the lake

Mermaid Lilium
03-09-2014, 10:32 AM
Or maybe this: http://www.booking.com/hotel/at/gasthaus-pension-zur-nixe.en-gb.html?aid=343336;label=operasoft-sdO15-343336;sid=748ed02d79c4c42e48d2a8f802514d8b;dcid=1 ;checkin=2014-09-07;checkout=2014-09-10;srfid=e188e4b7e0df96c425dbe8e3e1a0ff2fdef5ddd7X 1

its nearer to the lake

seems a lot better, what does everyone else think about the idea of finding one with a heated outdoor pool too? Or do you guys think having one at the hotel wouldn't matter?

and have we any better ideas about dates for the meet? And how many days do we want it to be?

Azurin Luna
03-15-2014, 12:09 PM
Not bad. I will have to talk with my bf about this if we continue with it. And the rooms are nearly all gone too

Pascal21M
03-15-2014, 12:14 PM
We can go to the Traunsee when the rooms are booked out on the Attersee.

Heres a pic from the Traunsee: http://www.dastraunsee.at/images/seehotel/traunsee/traunsee1.jpg

Pascal21M
04-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Anyone other will come to a meetup in Austria???

Pascal21M
05-24-2014, 09:44 AM
Anyone??

Pascal21M
06-12-2014, 01:47 PM
when will we make a meet up

Mermaid Lilium
06-15-2014, 08:49 PM
I think at this point we're looking at next year for a central europe meet just due to costs and getting bookings sorted. I'm aiming to organise a british mini-meet here in Blackpool, UK at the beginning of October this year if anyone is interested or is travelling this way around that time already xx

Pascal21M
06-16-2014, 08:37 AM
i think youre right Lillium its better next year for a meet up.

*Celine*
07-29-2014, 09:44 AM
aaaw, that's a shame, I really wanted to participate!!! Can't we still fix this?

WildWater
08-04-2014, 09:04 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm from Belgium too, 19 years old. I don't have a fin yet because I have to buy it myself and I only found these very expensive, but beautiful mermaid tails so I'm still saving up money. I've loved mermaids since I was a child. And like others here I have autism too, do it's hard for me to meet new people. But I would like to meet some new people with the same interests :)

Naomi
08-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Hallo Mermaid Starfish

Ik ben mermaid Naomi, ik ben nog maar onlang zeemeermin geworden. Dus daarom vol op aan het trainen. Maar in de toekomst wil ik wel eens gaan zwemmen met jouw :)

Groetjes Naomi

Naomi
08-26-2014, 02:06 PM
Hello everyone I'm Naomi , i live in belgium ( antwerp ) as whel. And i totaly wanna meet some time's. I'm now 20 years old and mermaiding is started to be a hobby of mine. Even i maid tail for my self, but stil learning bit by bit . I hope i hear from you all soon ^^

Mermaid Fenicia
08-26-2014, 03:04 PM
Hi Naomi, I'm an Antwerp mermaid too ;) I train almost every Sunday at noon in Hoboken ;)

Pascal21M
09-25-2014, 02:17 PM
I like mermaiding since my 14th birthday.

Mermaid Neri Elvina
09-25-2014, 03:58 PM
Hi everyone! :)

I was thinking.. I'm feeling quite lonely when it comes to my mermaiding and i'm looking for some people of my age to share this hobby with.

So let me introduce me a bit more!

My real name is Anne

I'm from Belguim (province Antwerp)

I'm turning 25 years old this year.

My other hobbies are: collecting stuff, mainly from the little mermaid,and Disney in general.
I also love to watch movies, I admire Johnny Depp and Lady Gaga.

and sometimes doing a bit of cosplay :)

Main reason is; I don't have many real friends; It's hard to get in contact with other people becouse of my Asperger Spectrum Syndrome.
Most people don't even notice, but that's becouse they don't know what it is. :/ and my other 'problem' is I have very bad eyes. I actually have to walk around with a stick for blind people but it's so ashaming so I don't and always go out the house with one of my ârrents near me.

So, If anyone wan't to meet up, please say so! :)

(OK, this is really a HUGE step for me posting this here, so please no harsh comments :rolleyes: )
I have aspergers too, so you aren't alone!! (Thought I may as well share)

Pascal21M
11-29-2014, 10:16 AM
Does anybody know where mermaiding is always allowed in Germany or Austria??

Echidna
11-29-2014, 10:35 AM
It differs from pool to pool.
You have to try them out, and possibly talk to the manager/director if no-one seems willing.

Of the three pools I can reach in a day, one allows mermaids, one allows fins but no tails, and another allows nothing whatsoever.

Pascal21M
11-29-2014, 11:42 AM
Where do you swim with your tail?

Pascal21M
11-29-2014, 11:43 AM
Which allows by you it?

MerShasha
12-18-2014, 09:42 AM
Hi , i live also in belgium (Antwerp) , and i want to meet other mermaids because i think it's realy fun to meet others with the same passion of mermaids :-) .

Mermaid Fenicia
12-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Hi Sasha, I'm from Antwerp too and will restart my swimming in January (at noon on Sundays in the pool in Hoboken) ;)

MerShasha
12-20-2014, 09:26 AM
Ow :-) cool , and can you swim with your tail on ? :-)

Mermaid Fenicia
12-20-2014, 02:48 PM
Not from last January, as they changed the rules :( Monofin is still allowed ;)

MerShasha
12-20-2014, 05:41 PM
Ah Ok :-) . I think that i have reuined my tail :-( . But i still can swim with my monofin :-) .

MermaidNadia
12-21-2014, 03:11 AM
Hi Pascal,
just saw this and noticed there was no answer. Near Stuttgart there is the Oskar Frech Hallenbad/Seebad which not only allows mermaiding, but encourages it. They ornganize mermaid birthdays for kids (with magic tails) and there is a mermaid club that meets there often (also for kids). I only have a monofin, but I go there with my girls and their tails and swim freely. Obviously, it is always full on the weekends, especially in the morning and afternoon. But midday (if you enter at 11:30) is OK, and during the week. It also has a sauna and a huge natural pool outside (nice in the summer to swim around undisturbed, since it is so big).
In the summer the best place to swim in southern germany is the Vöhringer Baggersee near Ulm, after Senden. It's warm and there is plenty of space and the water is turquoise. Very nice!

Pascal21M
12-22-2014, 02:40 PM
I'll get my latex tail at the end of April, but i have a fabric tail with which i will swim with it in an indoor pool. I hope i can come to the Oskar Frech Seebad to swim with it.

Sammyantha171
02-04-2015, 01:08 PM
I would love to come for a meetup somewhere. I'm in the UK, and right now I really don't know if I'd be able to travel abroad anywhere though.
But I am starting work in March, and I'll be able to get my passport renewed finally and I should be able to seriously consider travelling somewhere in Europe for mermaiding. :)
A lake, or somewhere we can swim outside without too many people crowding around, would be nicest. But that also means Summer would be best so we stay not-freezing. But then later in the year I will have more money to do this, so really I don't mind.