PDA

View Full Version : Tail color scheme opinions?

MysticMerman
01-09-2014, 09:45 PM
its an odd relief when you've been trying to design something non-stop for weeks and you FINALLY have it not only designed, but also it drawn out.... I have had a million and one ideas and decisions that I loved in my tail project, but after an insane amount of frequent obsessing and frustration... I have finally got it down to one design and two color schemes... now to get the $3,750.00 to get it made...lol

there are actually a lot of little details the scanner didn't pick up (pencil shading and scale type mostly) but you get the idea... here are my two color schemes and I want you guys and girls to let me know which you like... (the ankle fins are drawn up wards because the fluke is but those will be floppy and move up and down with the fluke)

1. blue metallic body, black line running down the sides, pearlescent white belly, with silver fluke and fins (black spotting on fins and fluke only)

or

2. a sandy yellowish/brown body, white belly, dark brown stripe running down the sides, pale gold fins and fluke, leopard shark rings along the back and black spotting through the whole body. (with this color scheme the fins would smoother and scale pattern may be absent to look more like that of a leopard shark, which is what this coloring is based off of. here's a pic for reference to the leopard shark pattern. my tail will just be more vibrantly colored)

Elle
01-10-2014, 02:25 AM
I think both are great ideas, I think what you need to ask yourself is how fish like you want to look I guess...or do you want to have a more fantasy look....does that make sense?

MysticMerman
01-10-2014, 12:02 PM
It does, It's still just so hard to decide! Lol. I like realistic and fantasy both! I mean, this likely will Not be my only tail and Ill probably do both at some point. Just not sure Which to do first. I will be trying to set up a career with my tails, so I guess my first should be the one that reaches out to the most viewers.

PearlieMae
01-10-2014, 12:19 PM
You've really influenced my opinion with the leopard shark photo...have you considered doing that patterning with the colors you like?

Maybe something like this?

Jessica
01-10-2014, 01:47 PM
^^ I love that! It's really a great color combo!

MysticMerman
01-10-2014, 07:15 PM
I haven't considered that! I like it a lot though! The leopard shark is one of my fave fish and I love it's natural looks, so I didn't think to change it any. I love that though! Thank you PearlieMae!

PearlieMae
01-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Happy to help! I was afraid that if you went with the sand colored leopard shark, you would have looked naked!

Elle
01-10-2014, 08:46 PM
I was afraid that if you went with the sand colored leopard shark, you would have looked naked!

HAHAHAHAHAHA