PDA

View Full Version : Non-symetrical tail designs

Ilyena
01-12-2014, 07:16 AM
Hi Mers ^_^,

I'm kind of curious as to why we mermaids/mermen chose to have tail designs which are mirrored on each side? i.e. main colour going down the middle with accents and outter colours mirrored on the sides.

Why don't we chose to have non-symetrical designs, for example (just a quick sketch up in paint, pretty bad due to drawing on a laptop XP): 17190

I know koi designs are non-sym, not all fish are symetrical, so why do we chose to be symetrical?

Just curious on other mers opinions :)

Fifi Tigg
01-12-2014, 09:19 AM
Emily's tail is not symmetrical :)

Ilyena
01-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Was there a particular reason to chose its asymmetry or just liked the design?? (I have seen it and its pretty ^_^)

Meemerdd
01-12-2014, 08:05 PM
Yeah, they should only be symmetrical if you design it off a symmetrical fish. I made a asymmetrical design off a tigerfish, don't know where it went. But it was half green and half silver, might have to find that design sometime.
I know when I design the colors for my squid tail, they won't be symmetrical, squids are so not symmetrical in color!

Fifi Tigg
01-12-2014, 09:24 PM
It was based on her very first tail I made her and that looked fantastic in any pictures so why change it :)

Ilyena
01-12-2014, 09:30 PM
Meemerdd: Yea I also think it depends on the species. That design would be interesting to see.

Fifi: True point, if its a good design why change it ^_^