PDA

View Full Version : New(ish) Aqua song is actually pretty good....

AniaR
07-12-2011, 12:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LRb4C-3tJQ&feature=related

Not bad??? It grew on me. Neat video too.

Spindrift
07-12-2011, 03:02 AM
Wow. Why did it never occur to me that she was still producing music? Apparently their third album might be released on Sept 5, 2011.

AniaR
07-12-2011, 11:16 AM
I grew up being pretty young when they first came out, I was totally in that generation of bubble gum pop. I like how dark the video is and all the neat imagery, I also dont hate the guy's part! I like how he sings about the multiverse!

Winged Mermaid
07-15-2011, 07:08 AM
I like some of their stuff! Not a fan of all of it but I pick and choose songs to keep around in my music library :) Most common occurrence is one hears their songs and think they're silly or strange or what have you then you realize it's stuck in your head and you want to hear it again!

Princess Kae-Leah
07-16-2011, 10:43 PM
I love me some Aqua! I got their greatest hits CD a few months ago and it literally never left my Discman for weeks(yep, I'm so behind the times, hehe, I don't have an Ipod!). I like how they have a song about just about every one of my passions-cartoons("Cartoon Heroes"), Barbie dolls("Barbie Girl"), the '80s("Back To The '80s"), and of course the ocean("We Belong To The Sea"). Sure their lyrics can be silly and campy, but I don't think a song like "Barbie Girl" or "Candyman" is really meant to be taken totally seriously, I think they have a great sense of humor and have fun with their bubblegum dance-pop genre, yet they actually write their own stuff so they're much more talented and accomplished than most in their genre.
Raina, what do you think of their song "Aquarius"? I think it just might be my favorite of their more serious, slower songs.