PDA

View Full Version : Post your designs for new Merdiva Classic fluke

Mermaid Oshun
01-18-2014, 12:29 PM
It has come to my attention that the Merdiva Classic fluke is HUGE for the average small female. I am a size 14 so I don't fall into that category lol. It requires a competitor size custom monofin and apparently a lot of smaller women have great difficulty swimming with a monofin as huge as the competitor. So I am resculpting this Classic fluke to make it more detailed and give it more pizzaz. I am also making it a bit more petite so that it is easier to swim in for non plus sized ladies. I will still keep this large one for the plus size girls like me who want it. But something smaller is required for jr/Miss size women. Feel free to submit any drawings of how you would like to see this fluke slightly modified. I sculpt it over smaller and more detailed in 2 weeks. There is no prize except you can get to see YOUR design in part or entirely come to life in a new tail.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/994119_384391835038903_1181996467_n.jpg

Echidna
01-18-2014, 02:48 PM
I don't know what could be made better about the design, it just has to be scaled down a bit for smaller mers.
Competitor size is alright for tall people (or those who want the Betta-fish look where the fluke is about half of the entire body),
petite women need another taillength-fluke size ratio.

Maybe use the same design in different sizes like large, medium, small, with large being with a competitor sized monofin, medium maybe like a Rapid, and small like a Foil?

Miyu
01-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Hmm, I think something like a hydra-size fluke area is good. I've only gotten to use a monifin out once - though I tried a smaller finis and a hydra - and I really liked the hydra a lot.

For the record, I am a small person - 5'3" and petite - and it worked beautifully for me. I don't know much about body/height/fluke ratios though... -_-;

I actually really like the original as well! It's very fishy looking. I think maybe just scale it down :P

Mermaid Oshun
01-18-2014, 03:38 PM
Thanks Caltuna and Miyu. For those who have commercial flukes by other people, please tell me the measurements of your favorite flukes by other people so I can get some idea for comparison.