PDA

View Full Version : Looking for neopreen and tail materials in Australia :)

ocean dreamer
01-23-2014, 07:37 PM
Hello fellow Mer :)

I'm new to this forum, please forgive me if I make mistakes or post in the wrong places.
I'm very very excited and just bursting to start making my own mermaid tail, a dream I am finally going to make come true! Just a few days ago I got my first monofin an oceanika/ mahina mermaid merfin, and swimming with it was just incredible!!!!!!! Highly highly reccomend! :)
I have now been researching methods to make a beautiful tail.
I found what looks like a great starting tutorial from firepixiefashion blog spot,
I am after getting some 3mm thick neopreen fabric. Does anyone know where best to get this in Australia?

Happy Mermaid bubbles ooOooO

Lisa :)

Ilyena
01-23-2014, 08:21 PM
Hi Lisa :D,

Welcome,

I have a thread on here which documents the neoprene tail I am working on and where I bought the fabric and what else I have used, I cannot find the links at the present time as I am at work XP. It's all from Australia, bought over the internet mostly.

Happy swimming
Ilyena

Aino Revontuletar
01-23-2014, 09:31 PM
http://www.linkron.com.au/ is the neoprene supplier in Australia :)

Ilyena
01-23-2014, 09:35 PM
Thank you Aino ^_^

Aino Revontuletar
01-23-2014, 09:43 PM
I sent them an email a few days ago and they haven't gotten back to me yet, I'm so impatient haha I want my neoprene!

Fifi Tigg
02-02-2014, 09:42 PM
I also sent then an email over a week ago and have not heard anything :(

Ilyena
02-02-2014, 09:45 PM
Maybe email again?? I got a reply in a couple of days. Sorry this is happening to you :(

Aino Revontuletar
02-02-2014, 10:39 PM
I still haven't heard from them either. I am thinking of emailing again

Elle
02-03-2014, 01:36 AM
I bought my neoprene in Spotlight. it's not cheap but it's do-able

Aino Revontuletar
02-03-2014, 01:37 AM
I looked in my local spotlight and it's all out of neoprene in useable colours and they are discontinuing it :(

Trident True
02-09-2014, 08:11 AM
I emailed the shop posted when i was looking for neoprene and they did reply. i got mine from http://www.jenkinsrubber.com.au/ they are expenisve guys but high,high quality. they are located in cairns far north Queensland.

Aino Revontuletar
02-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Linkron did eventually reply to me, it took them a while! I sent them my order details and now I'm wondering how long it will take them to process my order. Good thing I'm not in a hurry