PDA

View Full Version : How often does Raven take orders?

MagickalDJ
01-24-2014, 01:33 AM
I'm just trying to gauge an estimate about frequency of tail order space lol :P I'm probably going to come in to a lot of money soon and know exactly what I'm going to be bee lining it for XD But I'm worried she doesn't take orders very often and if she does, how quick does the spot fill up? I know tail making takes quite a long while, especially if she's doing her normal high quality job, and even though she probably does have it down to a science where she could do it in her sleep, it would be a couple months before she would be done. So over all my general questions would be; How often are there spaces? How many? and How quick do they go?
Also!
Does she have a waiting list? Cause that would be better than racing to grab an open space every couple of months.

AniaR
01-24-2014, 02:29 AM
She's been in business a little over two years now, and I find she takes orders in batches 3-4 times a year and will sometimes take 1-2 individual orders in between. She doesn't have a waitlist, we tried to set one up and it was 100s of people long. Basically, you gotta watch her FB to see when she'll be accepting orders. It also helps if you're ready to pay and go, there really isn't time for people who are sitting on the fence honestly. So if you send her an email "ready to pay" she might be able to squeeze you in, but I can't guarantee you won't have to send the email a few times to get her attention.

She puts all her focus on the tail making, and she has several clients who order 2-5 tails at a time as well. Spots usually fill up within minutes so it's really a timing thing. However, she does frequently sell tails on ebay or directly through her FB that are premade, so it's good to keep an eye out for that too.

Keep an eye on the thread here, as people tend to post updates pretty quickly after seeing them.

Winged Mermaid
01-24-2014, 02:40 AM
Basically how I got my email in- I pre wrote my email, with READY TO PAY as the subject, told her I wanted a performance tail, what additional fins, what colors, ect. I had it sitting in my draft box with her email already in there and everything. Then I stalked her FB Page by making a friend "group" or interests lists on my FB and put only her page in it. That way I didn't have to navigate to her page to see if she updated, I could just click the group on the side bar. She put up a status that she might be taking orders soon, and like 2 minutes after that I saw it and sent the email. I think you can put in to have notifications from pages when they update now, so you could do that! I was friggin determined :P lol

Also it helps to want to order a performance tail. She takes more of those as they're actually easier/faster to make than the basic ones.

MagickalDJ
01-24-2014, 02:42 AM
Thanks :) I do have her page liked on my facebook and have it set to notify me anytime she makes a post! lol Though if spots fill up in minutes I'll never survive! I'll be competing forever ~worriment ensues~
But I have heard stories from friends who've tried to email with the "ready to pay" as the subject, but never got replies. I'm worried about bugging her because I think sending even more than one email would be pushy ^_^;; I might be a little timid? I don't know. But hopefully it works out. I would hate to go to the mertailor because I've seen the pictures....ehk.
Even worse, I'd hate to have to make it myself. Those materials are expensive and I'd mess it up somehow XD Not to mention she does such a wonderful job!
Thank you for the response though, I'm off to worry myself into a hole :rollover: lol

MagickalDJ
01-24-2014, 02:45 AM
She put up a status that she might be taking orders soon, and like 2 minutes after that I saw it and sent the email. I think you can put in to have notifications from pages when they update now, so you could do that! I was friggin determined :P lol

Also it helps to want to order a performance tail. She takes more of those as they're actually easier/faster to make than the basic ones.

That helps sooo much! I would be wanting a performance tail and I guess you have to jump when she says she might? lol I have to get my facebooking skills up to par. Thanks, I think I'll run off to make a draft! You rawwwk!

maressa
07-17-2014, 12:14 PM
I do wish that she would put that information on her Facebook. I followed the instructions in her ordering FAQ to the tee, and after waiting 2 months for a response found out that she only takes orders through random Facebook posts that she's ready. I completely understand the need and logic behind this with how high in demand she is, but that is not what is on her page. :(

AniaR
07-17-2014, 12:21 PM
She states it repeatedly and it is written all over here.

maressa
07-17-2014, 07:15 PM
She states it repeatedly and it is written all over here.

Yes, I know now that that information is available on this forum. However when I went to put in my order, I was following what is stated on her Facebook page, which is essentially title your email 'ready to order', have your funds ready, and be patient with response times. At the time I was ready to order a tail, I didn't even know this website existed, and actually found it through a mer friend... so unless I had randomly seen some post she had about only taking orders in batches or in slots throughout the year, I had no way of knowing that she doesn't have an order lineup. I'm not taking a stab at Raven, I just wish that information was in her FAQ.

SeaVixen
07-19-2014, 04:20 AM
If it's too difficult to get a merbella tail then just go with Finfolk Productions or Mernation. Both companies respond within 24 hours and always take new orders immediately when You are ready. Plus they offer updates especially mernation. They text you pictures daily of the progress. They make sure it's perfect as they go. It's a very personal experience!

AniaR
07-19-2014, 09:18 AM
Both companies respond within 24 hours and always take new orders immediately when You are ready

It's my understanding from some of the posts here and on FB that finfolk take limited/timed orders as well due to their high demand. From their FAQ it says they put you into a production slot depending on their current level of workload
"Once you place your order, you will likely receive your tail within 90-120 days. Once we receive your down payment, your order will be placed in the earliest production slot. Our wait list can extend anywhere between 4-10 weeks. Actual tail production takes approximately one week. Shipping within the US takes 3-5 business days."

I see even finfolk is not immune to people asking questions on the FAq that are written right in the FAQ. lol I'll never understand why people who want mermaid tails so bad can't take 5 seconds to read the answers to their questions. lol

maressa
07-19-2014, 03:00 PM
It's my understanding from some of the posts here and on FB that finfolk take limited/timed orders as well due to their high demand. From their FAQ it says they put you into a production slot depending on their current level of workload
"Once you place your order, you will likely receive your tail within 90-120 days. Once we receive your down payment, your order will be placed in the earliest production slot. Our wait list can extend anywhere between 4-10 weeks. Actual tail production takes approximately one week. Shipping within the US takes 3-5 business days."

I see even finfolk is not immune to people asking questions on the FAq that are written right in the FAQ. lol I'll never understand why people who want mermaid tails so bad can't take 5 seconds to read the answers to their questions. lol Yeah, they do get a lot of people asking question that are on their FAQ :P Actually they take unlimited orders, the list just backs up... they won't turn down an order based on workload or not respond. Tail orders submitted now are pushing into next Spring because they have a wait list, but once you submit your order you're on the list. They do have 2 employees besides themselves, so they push out about 6 tails a month. They don't really communicate until your tail goes into production, but when you put your order in they will message you everything you need to know until that time.

maressa
07-19-2014, 03:12 PM
I love Merbella, Raven and I have a lot of mutual friends in the Florida burlesque/sideshow circuit and I've heard really fantastic things about her. I completely understand how her process works now, and I think it's really smart for how swamped she must be. I went ahead and ordered a finfolk tail because I needed it in a secure time span and their ordering process just worked better for me. I'm still going to continue to follow everything Raven does and drool over it. XD

AniaR
07-19-2014, 10:43 PM
Good luck :)

maressa
07-20-2014, 01:24 PM
Good luck :)
Thank you! This website has been a tremendous help!