View Full Version : The New MDV Tail (3) + 2 open spots for silicone tail orders

Merman Arion
01-29-2014, 06:05 AM
Mike Van Daal just released new pictures of a tail he called the Barbie tail.

- Advance design" Silicone Mermaid Tail. Custom paint scheme and "Wet-Look" sealed -

Your thoughts? I think IT'S REALLY GOOD!!! :D

Also, Mike made a statement about 2 open spots for silicone tail orders :

Anahita
01-29-2014, 06:12 AM
Wowza. I like that dorsal. It looks like he's colored a few scales differently, too? Pretty cool. Even though I'm not particularly fond of his flukes, I do love the paint job on this one. The purple spots and the light pink edge is very pretty and cutesy.

Nicoseamus
01-29-2014, 06:36 AM
I think it looks really great! The seems (if there even are any) are almost invisible, and the fade from the scales into the fluke is really clean. I really like how the extra fins look. They look fleshy, and the color "ombre" is nice.

*Celine*
01-29-2014, 07:03 AM
I started crying when I read the post about the 2 spots that opened up, my brother and sister-in-law had problems with their electricity and they received a bill that they simply couldn't pay so I decided to lent them the money but now I don't have any money to afford my dream tail, and the discount on the Advanced tail!!!! It was perfect!!!! I quess it 's not ment to be...

MermanZen
01-29-2014, 07:17 AM
Love the color scheme but I would like the side fins to be a lighter pink fading into black at the ends

Merman Arion
01-29-2014, 07:18 AM
I started crying when I read the post about the 2 spots that opened up, my brother and sister-in-law had problems with their electricity and they received a bill that they simply couldn't pay so I decided to lent them the money but now I don't have any money to afford my dream tail, and the discount on the Advanced tail!!!! It was perfect!!!! I quess it 's not ment to be...

I'm sorry to hear that, Celine. I didn't mean to send you bad news. I guess it was just bad timing :(

MerAnthony
01-29-2014, 07:31 AM
WOW!!!

*Celine*
01-29-2014, 07:41 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, Celine. I didn't mean to send you bad news. I guess it was just bad timing :(

Oh no, It's okay, I saw the post yesterday so it's not your fault, it just sucks really bad. I hope this opportunity comes knocking at my door again in the future.

Mermaid Momo
01-29-2014, 09:58 AM
O.o THAT IS SO PRETTY (I'm going to come back after I get home to post a gif that accurately describes how I feel about this tail lol)

Mermaid Dottie
01-29-2014, 10:07 AM
You know, I'm not really an MVD fan, but I really like this tail, and I would say that his quality has gone up since I last looked at his tails.

Jessica
01-29-2014, 10:08 AM
I absolutely love this tail!! Mike is one hell of an artist and I LOVE his work!!

Celine, I'm so sorry :( it's really hard when you do the right thing and then a great opportunity pops up. It's really kind of you to help your brother :) hopefully mike will have an opportunity like this again soon!

PearlieMae
01-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Celine, I'm sorry!

But you know, I've found when I get shut out of what looked like a good opportunity, later, an even better one comes along! Fins crossed the same happens for you!

Mer_Adella
01-29-2014, 10:40 AM
I like MVD stuff and love the fact that he lives so close to me. But after all the shanfoo of people trying to get his tails and him only making things for higher up mermaids, I just wonder why he tells us that he has 2 spots available? I'm not being hateful towards Mike....I love him :) but from what I understand he only makes tails and such for mermaids like hannah, melissa, and such and doesn't really do much for us under-folk.

drucilla
01-29-2014, 01:05 PM
I know what you mean I had to give my husband the money because he took out a loan without telling me.

Mermaid Caspiana
01-29-2014, 01:29 PM
I love this tail and wish he could make me a lion fish one. But his are the most expensive I've seen.

Ariel-Starfish
01-29-2014, 02:27 PM
Big huggs voming your way Celine! :hugg:

And as said here before: I love his work, but he seems so unreachable! You only see his work on commercial clients.

Mermaid Momo
01-29-2014, 02:52 PM
O.o THAT IS SO PRETTY (I'm going to come back after I get home to post a gif that accurately describes how I feel about this tail lol)

https://31.media.tumblr.com/f8a1e999189e8bf826f78f3b18a24280/tumblr_inline_n06hv7r4Pz1r8rpvn.gif
said I was coming back lol

NerineArcticMermaid
01-29-2014, 03:18 PM
I can almost gaurentee that tail is for melissa. The seams dont show on her tails because he has a body mold of her.

Anahita
01-29-2014, 03:37 PM
https://31.media.tumblr.com/f8a1e999189e8bf826f78f3b18a24280/tumblr_inline_n06hv7r4Pz1r8rpvn.gif
said I was coming back lol

Hahaha! That's perfect!

thevirginiamermaid
01-29-2014, 04:30 PM
That tail is BEAUTIFUL! I I wish the best of luck to whoever gets those two spots (its a rare opportunity)! Even though the last one he did for melissa was wonderfully crafted I absolutely HATED the colors (just my personal opinion so no one attack me). The fins and scales are so clean and crisp and the color scheme is to die for.

AniaR
01-29-2014, 06:04 PM
I personally find the different coloured random scales really distracting. Maybe it's am ADD thing lol. I dont like them. Other than that very pretty

Anahita
01-29-2014, 10:28 PM
Hahaha, yeah, I could see how they could be distracting....

But I like me some bling-bling, so.... :D (Seriously, I like to dress up like barracuda bait. ;) )

*Celine*
01-31-2014, 02:40 AM
I absolutely love this tail!! Mike is one hell of an artist and I LOVE his work!!

Celine, I'm so sorry :( it's really hard when you do the right thing and then a great opportunity pops up. It's really kind of you to help your brother :) hopefully mike will have an opportunity like this again soon!

Thank you Jessica, I surely hope so. I don't regret helping my brother and I hope I get the chance to own a MVD tail.

Celine, I'm sorry!

But you know, I've found when I get shut out of what looked like a good opportunity, later, an even better one comes along! Fins crossed the same happens for you!

You really think so? Thx Pearliemae!

I know what you mean I had to give my husband the money because he took out a loan without telling me.

O my god, I'm so sorry! He didn't even tell you?

Big huggs voming your way Celine! :hugg:

And as said here before: I love his work, but he seems so unreachable! You only see his work on commercial clients.

Thank you sweetie, that's very kind!!!

Mermaid Jaffa
01-31-2014, 02:57 AM
What a beautiful tail!

Can someone tell me why the monofin part is so narrow? Do you need a lot of leg strength to propel yourself through the water with that kind of tail?

Anahita
01-31-2014, 04:40 AM
What a beautiful tail!

Can someone tell me why the monofin part is so narrow? Do you need a lot of leg strength to propel yourself through the water with that kind of tail?

His tails don't have monofins in them.

So yeah, they definitely need strength to swim in.... Though hopefully not leg-strength, because you shouldn't be swimming with your legs when you're doing the dolphin kick required for tail-swimming.

drucilla
01-31-2014, 03:49 PM
No he never tells me anything, he says he doesn't want to worry me but my mom says he's just a typical man lol. He says he'll pay me back but at his rate it'll be a few years. :rolleyes: Doesn't matter though it allows me to continue to modify my tail designs. :)

*Celine*
01-31-2014, 06:45 PM
No he never tells me anything, he says he doesn't want to worry me but my mom says he's just a typical man lol. He says he'll pay me back but at his rate it'll be a few years. :rolleyes: Doesn't matter though it allows me to continue to modify my tail designs. :)

Waow, you're a strong woman! You go girl, and I'm sure that your tail will become amazing!

MerEmma
02-15-2014, 11:48 PM
Oh man, I wasn't really fond of this tail in pictures...but it looks amazing in the water! I LOVE the bright colors. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkh_przOpgE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lkh_przOpgE

Mermaid Jaffa
02-16-2014, 12:18 AM
Wow! She really can pull off those neon colors!