PDA

View Full Version : Coming to Cali in summer of 2014

Mer_Adella
01-31-2014, 11:54 PM
Hello all, this is very exciting for me as I have never been to California (or as far in the US) but I am going to going there in the summer of 2014.
Specifically in June for a cousins wedding. I am unsure of how long we are staying but one of my "to-dos" is to swim in the ocean and have my picture taken on the beach. I would love it if other mers were around so I could meet you all :)

Techincally I will be around the fallbrook area.

Anahita
02-01-2014, 03:19 AM
Fallbrook's a pretty good area to be in - you're halfway between San Diego and LA, so you can go to both the San Diego/La Jolla Beaches and the OC/LA beaches (although the OC beaches are closer to where you'll be than the LA beaches, and probably better to visit - I know those are the ones I like to go to often)

Laguna Beach and La Jolla are two really good places - Especially La Jolla (I'd go there more often if it wasn't around 2 hours away!)

Mer_Adella
02-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Fallbrook's a pretty good area to be in - you're halfway between San Diego and LA, so you can go to both the San Diego/La Jolla Beaches and the OC/LA beaches (although the OC beaches are closer to where you'll be than the LA beaches, and probably better to visit - I know those are the ones I like to go to often)

Laguna Beach and La Jolla are two really good places - Especially La Jolla (I'd go there more often if it wasn't around 2 hours away!)

Good to know thanks Anahita :)

Morticia Mermaid
02-01-2014, 11:20 AM
If you're in the north San Diego area, you should come see me!!! I'll be living just north of Miramar :D

Mer_Adella
02-01-2014, 01:05 PM
i will be 46 min north of you

green52
02-01-2014, 07:44 PM
Will you have any use of a car?

Anahita
02-02-2014, 03:24 AM
Also, I think it's in June, but Long Beach (which is about an hour or so from Fallbrook) is having a Pirate Festival - and they're throwing a Mermaid Festival in conjunction with it as well. So maybe if it falls into the time frame you'll be here, you can come visit some of us there. I think there's a few of us going, but I can't remember who's going/who invited me.... Lol

http://alfredosbeachclub.com/seafest-pierdaze.html

malinghi
02-02-2014, 01:45 PM
A lot of people have mentioned wanting to have more meet ups this year, so I definitely think we could schedule one to overlap with the time you're in SoCal. And if your time here overlaps with the Pirate festival then we won't need to plan a meet up, cause that should be awesome.

Mer_Adella
02-03-2014, 12:04 PM
I talked to Thom and my time doesn't over lap unfortunately :( (with the festival) but as far as I know ....I believe I will be in Cali around June 12-17. And on that saturday I have a wedding so I won't be available. And Yes I will have a rental car, but I am a nervous driver in places I have never been to. So unfortunately i won't want to do too much driving

Meshy
02-03-2014, 01:15 PM
Oh Fun! You'll be here for my birthday! (June 14th) I'm east and south of San Diego (about an hour and a half away from the actual city), but if there's anyone meeting up, I'd be more than happy to join!

deepblue
02-03-2014, 01:25 PM
San Diego can be intimidating for the first time SD driver. :) So I've been told. Fallbrook is very inland, so if you do head to beaches, expect quite a drive. I have no idea what's going on with me in June yet, but if a meet up is arranged, I'll know closer to the day.

If you do go to the beaches here, you're never going to want to leave! lol Esp if it's La Jolla. And Trestles, a really popular surf spot, is about 45 mins from Fallbrook, and a really nice beach. But as an FYI, here are the beaches closest to Fallbrook and links to info. :)

http://worldbeachlist.com/World/USA/California/Town-Fallbrook.html

Mer_Adella
02-03-2014, 02:21 PM
AWe thanks everyone :) and yes for a Michigander here, California is going to be SOOO intimidating lol. Luckily I will just point the direction and hopefully have my Bf drive. I dont want to make him drive all over. I would be very happy just visiting one beach for right now. Especially since we won't be in Cali for long, and most of our time will be at the wedding. Once I know for sure that those dates are set in stone (i know the 12th is but not return date), I can figure out what beach we will be going to