PDA

View Full Version : Springtime swim in Florida?

MermaidCelesteFL
02-04-2014, 11:07 AM
Hey guys!

I don't know about you, but I've been itching to have another freediving mermaid day. And considering the weather is warming up throughout the week, I was wondering if anyone was up for a swim soon?

Marlin
02-04-2014, 11:18 AM
Still a little cold up here in Pensacola- but if you are thinking about a meet sometime early April I'm in! Would love to hang out with a few other FL mers.

Mermaid Gosalyn
02-04-2014, 05:35 PM
I was thinking about going to Blue Springs sometime soon, but I'd love to hear other ideas as well.

WavyMermaidy
02-04-2014, 06:45 PM
I'm up for something soon...any springs would do. Alexander always works well. Gosalyn, are you talking about Blue Spring near here or Blue Springs up in northern Florida? The one here is closed for swimming until March 15 due to the manatees.

Mermaid Gosalyn
02-04-2014, 07:43 PM
I am thinking of the one near here. March 15th isn't bad, to me, and I've been wanting to see what it's like. It's too bad we can't swim with the manatees.

XMermaidMarinaX
02-04-2014, 08:20 PM
If I manage to get the money for my tail, and it's made by summer, I plan on trying to get a meet together in the summer. ^_^ Hope y'all have fun with this one though. Its funny how I don't have a tail whenever theres a meet

Mermaid Gosalyn
02-04-2014, 08:36 PM
You don't need a tail! We all know you're still a mermaid. ;)

WavyMermaidy
02-04-2014, 09:48 PM
Agreed! No tail necessary.

I've been swimming at Blue Spring...it's really pretty, however the spring run is narrow like a river and not really deep with quite a few submerged logs and such but the boil section is fairly open and somewhat deep with a couple of submerged logs to navigate around while free-diving. I guess the logs could potentially snag fabric tails, but otherwise a beautiful place for sure and a good potential for a meetup locale.

MerEmma
02-04-2014, 10:17 PM
If this happens sometime in April, I'd love to attend, although I'm not quite sure what my schedule will be like.

WavyMermaidy
02-04-2014, 10:29 PM
Nor me...although I know already that weekends in March and April will be a little difficult, though Sundays are generally better as are Fridays. But all the way through June is going to be hectic schedule-wise, so whatever and whenever the group decides is best I'll try to work it in :)

MerEmma
02-04-2014, 10:35 PM
Hehe, looks like our schedules are opposite then. Between now and April I'm booked solid, but after that until June I have nothing. Maybe the next one, since I probably can't make this one.

Blondie
02-04-2014, 10:50 PM
Wavy is totally right about Blue Springs. It's gorgeous but it could be a tail nightmare. Especially for fabric tails. I think neoprene would do alright there but spandex runs a good risk of getting snagged. But it's suuuuch a pretty spring.

Marlin
02-05-2014, 12:41 PM
My personal votes are for either Vortex springs up here, or Manatee springs down near Chiefland.

Mermaid Gosalyn
02-05-2014, 01:17 PM
Wow! It's nice to know there's such a pretty spot right in my own back yard. I'll have to go there sometime when it's open.

I'm not sure where those other two are, I'll have to look them up.

WavyMermaidy
02-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Looks like my 18 y.o. niece may be down here the first week in April and I'll probably take a day or two off of work. She's a mer too and we'll go to Alexander Springs while she is here regardless, but I bet she'd really dig a meetup. Not necessarily voting for that week, but like I said we'll be springsing it up anyway that week just FYI

Mermaidmechanic
02-06-2014, 05:12 PM
If I can get the time off work, I'm there. :)

Mermaid Gosalyn
02-08-2014, 05:01 PM
I don't think I can do anything April 1st, but the rest of the week looks ok.

WavyMermaidy
02-08-2014, 06:51 PM
Hrrrmmmm...if we are seriously considering that week in April I can probably do Thurs the 3rd, Fri the 4th, or Sat the 5th. Not sure I'd be able to go *too* far away like that one Marlin mentioned, Vortex Springs, but one of the springs in the central Florida area maybe up to about 3 hours away or so would do (so the other one Marlin mentioned in Chiefland, Manatee Springs, would work).

Like I said, my vote is always for Alexander Springs, but I am sure there are other swimmin' holes that have just as many good qualities for mer-swimming and I wouldn't mind seeing some other springs. I'd be curious to hear more about Manatee Springs from Marlin as far as why that would be a good place for a mer meetup :) or any other thoughts and ideas.

Marlin
02-08-2014, 08:43 PM
I suggested Vortex being just a little selfish (shellfish?) because I live way the heck up in the pan-handle, like almost in Alabama. I would be willing to travel, but I'm in the same boat as Wavy- I'd prefer a "central" location in the state.

As for Manatee Springs; Went there on vacation last summer (we were scalloping one of the beaches in the area) and were camping out at the spring. It would be a nice place because it's a State park, has crystal clear water, and a huge "boil" well. Last time I went I had my monofin and the Rangers didn't seem to have a problem with it, so I don't see them having an issue with our tails.

One last thing: Atleast when I was there (weather wasn't as great) it wasn't that crowed, even for a holiday weekend. I can't imagine it being packed on just a regular one.

Here's a link to a reference page: Manatee Springs (http://www.floridastateparks.org/manateesprings/default.cfm)

All that being said; as long as we are a little further north, I'd be ecstatic to hang out with everyone for a weekend meet.

MerEmma
02-08-2014, 10:37 PM
I'd like to vouch for Alexander, but that's because it's much closer to where I live as well, if the meetup were in April I'd probably be able to make it.

WavyMermaidy
02-10-2014, 10:45 AM
Celeste...since you started this thread, do you have any weigh-ins on when and where?

Mermaidmechanic
02-10-2014, 11:00 PM
Im guessing its going to be alexander springs again... its a good spot anyway, lots of room to swim and a great diving spot to practice breath holding! Also, confusing the divers is a plus! We were diving down and giving them high-fives last time! XD

spottedcatfish
02-11-2014, 03:15 AM
Hey all, I have plans to be in FL from the 28th of March to April 5th. I will be meeting my bf there and travelling around for that week visiting the springs on the gulf side (homossassa, rainbow springs, weeki Wakee) and the Ocala National Forest. Then to southern FL. Where and when were you planning this meetup?

Marlin
02-11-2014, 03:21 AM
In the interest of consensus; I'll back Alexander Springs as well.

How about a date and time? My personal vote goes to the weekend of March 31, April 1st and 2nd. I would be driving down from Pensacola, and would like to spend a little time in the area. Miss Marlin and I will probably hit a few of the other springs in the area before heading back north. But that weekend would work best for us.

(BTW- SUPER EXCITED for my first meet, and the opportunity to hang out with you all in person :D )

EDIT- @spottedcatfish- page didn't refresh until I posted and didn't see your post. I'll change mine. :)

spottedcatfish
02-11-2014, 03:37 AM
Y'all just plan a date and time and location to meet at and I'll check with my bf later to see if it will work with our plans. I don't want to mess up a plan that works for y'all just cause I'll be in that area. The thing is I'll be arriving to Orlando and my bf and I will have a week of sightseeing and spending time with each other, so I don't know that we will have the time to go to this event. But I'll talk to him about it later to see if the plan will work. (Yes I just used y'all for the first time!! It felt odd... lol)

WavyMermaidy
02-11-2014, 07:43 AM
In the interest of consensus; I'll back Alexander Springs as well.

How about a date and time? My personal vote goes to the weekend of March 31, April 1st and 2nd.

If it is any of those dates I am probably out. I *might* be able to do the 31st or 1st if I know way ahead of time, but it would be difficult schedule-wise. The following weekend I'm good from Thursday on.

But kinda like catfish said whatever the bigger consensus is I'll either be able to make it work or I won't...whatever is best for the most people :)

Marlin
02-11-2014, 09:57 AM
But kinda like catfish said whatever the bigger consensus is I'll either be able to make it work or I won't...whatever is best for the most people :)

Agreed :)

spottedcatfish
02-12-2014, 12:45 AM
I think it's best now to figure out what days work for everyone. Also where to meet. So I'll start:

I'll be in FL from the 28th of March to the 5th of April. I will be in Orlando, then Ocala National forest, then we are going towards the gulf side and seeing some springs there, ending at weeki wachee Springs and then heading down to my bf's place in southern FL. If your plans work with this schedule and locations then great! But if not that's fine too. The weekend of the 28th will probably work best for me, date wise.

Mermaid Gosalyn
02-12-2014, 10:08 PM
From the 28th of March to the 5th of April my only problems are on April 1st (not impossible but very unlikely) and the 5th (impossible). I of course would prefer it not to be one of these days, but I understand if it is. Alexander works fine with me, I know where it is and I like it, but I'm open to other places as well.

NerineArcticMermaid
02-12-2014, 10:21 PM
Any chance you mers would be willing to travel a little further north? Theres a blue Springs in alabama. its nice and has 2 seperate sections.. ons fairly deep. Was there last summer with Mermaid Adella. I so want to do another meet up but money is so tight for me... I could do a 4hr trip better than an 8hr one. Id be open to anyother spring closer to florida state line.

spottedcatfish
02-12-2014, 11:20 PM
I talked with my BF and he said that the 29th of March, at Alexander Springs would work well with our schedule. Other than that i'll probably have to forgo this meet.

Marlin
02-12-2014, 11:31 PM
the 29th might be ok for me, I would have to talk to Finfolk to see if my tail will be here by then.

WavyMermaidy
02-13-2014, 07:31 AM
I am probably out for the 29th...not for certain, depends on several factors, but it doesn't look good.

Marlin
02-16-2014, 06:30 AM
I don't mean to rush any of you; but since I will be traveling, I'm going to have to request off from work. Per company regs, I have to have these in a month in advance. If we are going to shoot for late march, I need to be able to get that in soon.

Mermaid Gosalyn
02-16-2014, 11:34 PM
Nerine, I don't know about anyone else but I can't drive up to Alabama. You could make a new thread and see if anyone around there wants to do another meet though.

As far as the date goes, maybe we should start with the 29th so Spottedcatfish can join us, and then see if we want to do another one later that week? I wish there was a date that worked for everybody...

Marlin
02-17-2014, 01:37 AM
Ok- I'm going to request off the weekend of the 29th. Miss Marlin and I are excited to meet all of you in person :)

WavyMermaidy
02-17-2014, 08:43 AM
Nerine, I don't know about anyone else but I can't drive up to Alabama. You could make a new thread and see if anyone around there wants to do another meet though.

As far as the date goes, maybe we should start with the 29th so Spottedcatfish can join us, and then see if we want to do another one later that week? I wish there was a date that worked for everybody...

Sounds like a good plan. And like I said I'll be going to Alexander later in the week regardless. Sorry I can't make the 29th but hope you guys have a blast!

Mermaid Gosalyn
02-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Wavy, I hope you let us know when you will be going, I'd like to be there then too.

I love mermeets! I hope this will work well for everyone.

WavyMermaidy
02-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Wavy, I hope you let us know when you will be going, I'd like to be there then too.

I absolutely will! I think it would be nice for my niece to meet some other mers :)

Marlin
02-17-2014, 03:19 PM
@ Wavy

Miss Marlin and I were planning on staying in the area for a little while before and after the meet. Would be happy to join you and Gosalyn if we are still down south. :)

WavyMermaidy
02-17-2014, 05:45 PM
@ Wavy

Miss Marlin and I were planning on staying in the area for a little while before and after the meet. Would be happy to join you and Gosalyn if we are still down south. :)

sounds great! I'll keep y'all posted :)

Melina Marina
02-18-2014, 02:42 PM
Hey guys! I'm actually a Georgia mer, but being in Savannah I'd like to maybe join in your meet-up if that'd be okay?

Green Tea Mermaid
02-19-2014, 02:10 AM
Hi everyone! I am new to the south pod. I am looking forward to a meet up!

Marlin
02-19-2014, 05:27 PM
Alright- Miss Marlin and I took the time off, and I'm going to start looking for hotels in the area. We will be there that weekend :D

Mermaid Ellowyn
02-21-2014, 02:05 PM
I just read through this thread, but I'm still a bit confused - So it's March 29th sometime, at Manatee Springs State Park?

Gem Stone
02-21-2014, 03:30 PM
I wish I could come, but it won't happen until at least summer, doubtfully. anyway, have fun for me!

Marlin
02-21-2014, 04:37 PM
@ Harley-

March 29th at Alexander Springs.

Miss Marlin and I will be camping out at the springs with a few friends from the 28th to the 1st of April. We should be there pretty much all day the 29th. Can't wait to see all of you :D

Mermaid Ellowyn
02-21-2014, 08:10 PM
Okay, great! I might be able to make it there, although no tail yet (but I do have a waterproof camera!).... is that okay? Also, would anyone mind if I brought my roommate with me? She's into mermaids as well, but not a member of the forum.

Mermaid Gosalyn
02-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Melina- You're welcome to come join us! We wouldn't exclude you just because you're not local. :)

Harley- Your friend will be welcome. Mermaids don't have to have tails and I think you both will enjoy a swim in the spring. Not to mention, it's a state park and there will be tourists there, so I personally prefer to have more people "in the know" around.

Just want to remind everyone there is a small charge to get in to the park (I think it's $5 per car) and we will not have control over who else is there. I've never had these things be a real problem myself, but I just wanted to point them out.

Mermaid Ellowyn
02-28-2014, 08:14 PM
Great news! Has a specific timeframe been decided upon yet? And.... is it easy to find where everyone will be? I've never been to Alexander Springs, but I've been to state parks before where they are very large and there are several places to park and swim and whatnot. Is Alexander Springs similar or will it be obvious where to go?

Marlin
03-01-2014, 01:08 AM
@ Harley- Official Date is the 29th of March.

As for finding everyone... the tails should be a dead give-away. Otherwise, Miss Marlin and I will be camping out at the park's camping area for the weekend- you can find us there.

Other than that- judging by the satellite images, it doesn't look too big of an area, shouldn't be that hard to find each other.

WavyMermaidy
03-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Harley - Alexander Springs has just one main parking area, so it's very easy to find your way down to the water :)

Mermaid Gosalyn
03-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Time is a good question. Personally, my pale Irish skin doesn't handle the morning sun well, so I prefer to wait till 1ish, but I think people usually start earlier. Anyone have any input?

Marlin
03-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Miss Marlin and I are camping out at the springs for the weekend (campfire marshmallows later :D ), so we should be out at the springs relatively early, and should be there all day.

To any other mers who won't be there on the 29th; We, and a few friends are headed to Silver Glen, Silver Springs, and up to Manatee Springs on our way back home in the days after, and we would enjoy any company. :)

-sorry if I'm posting too much... this is my first meet (and first time meeting any other mers in person) and I'm really excited. I don't mean to be over-bearing.

Melina Marina
03-04-2014, 09:28 PM
As of now it looks like I'll be there! WOO! My first mer-meet-up! I've never been to Florida so I'm doubly excited! I plan to be there around 1pm (it's a bit of a drive from Savannah, and I've never been there so I want to allow plenty of travel time).

Would that be good or is that too late?

Also can I bring a buddy or two? (there's another Savannah mer who might want to join in, and then I have a friend that really wants to come along just for fun mostly)

Mermaid Ellowyn
03-04-2014, 10:26 PM
My friend and I will probably get there around 11 or noon, but 1 is great too. We could just hang out until then, swim or something, or hang out with you & the lady, Marlin! I'm really excited too, don't worry about posting too much (:

Melina Marina, I'm bringing a buddy with me, so I don't see why you couldn't too! :)

NerineArcticMermaid
03-05-2014, 01:19 AM
I want to go so bad but I don't have the money for gas :(

Mermaid Gosalyn
03-05-2014, 01:29 PM
Marlin, I don't think you're posting too much. :)

Melina, it's fine to bring your friends. We aren't picky about who comes to the springs, we just prefer people to have a positive attitude and enjoy themselves!

So our start time is between 11 - 1, sounds great!

Mermaidmechanic
03-05-2014, 07:58 PM
I'll be there! I'm thinking of bringing my dragon tail since I have yet to really swim in it. Heres hoping for great weather!

Marlin
03-05-2014, 08:34 PM
@ Mechanic- I was REALLY hoping you were going to be there! YAY! :D

Mermaidmechanic
03-05-2014, 11:48 PM
Haha! Well lucky for me its on an off weekend for work. I love mer meets!

Mermaid Ellowyn
03-16-2014, 08:41 PM
It's getting close! Unfortunately my roommate just found out she's unavailable that day. I don't really want to go alone... I'll try and think of another person I'm comfortable with taking, but if I can't find anyone I may decide not to go alone. I really do want to attend though!

Mermaid Gosalyn
03-17-2014, 03:49 AM
I hope you're able to come Harley! I can understand not wanting to come alone, but I can promise I don't bite.

Mermaidmechanic
03-17-2014, 08:24 PM
Harley, where in fl do you live? You should totally come though, mermaid meets are sooo fun!

Blondie
03-17-2014, 09:53 PM
It's getting close! Unfortunately my roommate just found out she's unavailable that day. I don't really want to go alone... I'll try and think of another person I'm comfortable with taking, but if I can't find anyone I may decide not to go alone. I really do want to attend though!
Harley don't be scared :) I was nervous going by myself to my first meet up. I didn't know anyone super well. The only person I had really messaged a few times was Gosalyn and still it wasn't like we knew each other that well. It's amazing when you get there and you're just like "Wow... It's like the Mernetwork in real time!" You'll be wondering why you all haven't met sooner! :) Plus when everyone's swimming in their tails, you'll be in your element with everyone else. You all have a BIG common interest, mermaids! So just remember you'll be in amazing company :)

Mermaid Gosalyn
03-18-2014, 11:43 AM
I second everything Blondie said. :D

Mermaid Mako
03-20-2014, 12:39 PM
If I go, it may be alone as well depending on the timing... You won't be the only one! :-)

Question for people going, would it be worth still going if the soonest I could be there is 4:30?

Mermaid Ellowyn
03-20-2014, 12:45 PM
Oh gosh, I wasn't expecting all the lovely, reassuring replies! Thank you all for that.

Mermaidmechanic, my home is in central florida (1 hour away from Alexander Springs), but I go to school in Tampa (2 hrs away from the springs). I mostly wanted to bring someone to have company while we drove 2 hours there! And it is always nice to know someone at an event.

However, I've been thinking about it and I think I will come alone anyways because it sounds like a whole lot of fun! And how else am I going to meet people for the next event? ;)

Excited to see you all there!

Mermaid Mako
03-20-2014, 12:48 PM
I'm in St Pete, Tampa is on my way. :-) let me know if you still want a road trip buddy.

Melina Marina
03-25-2014, 09:27 AM
I should be getting there around 12:30 or 1pm! I'm bringing a friend who I'm letting borrow one of my tails--she's never swam in a tail before so we might do some pool swimming Friday to get her used to it before Saturday lol

Mermaid Ellowyn
03-25-2014, 09:50 AM
How very kind of you mermaid mako :) I think I'll make it okay though!

I should be there about the same time Melina Marina. That sounds like a lot of fun!

Not much longer now! :)

Mermaid Gosalyn
03-25-2014, 03:09 PM
A little info in case anyone needs it:

29th of March Alexander Springs
49525 County Road 445
Altoona, FL 32702
352 669 3522

Alexander Springs Recreation Area is located along CR 445 in the northeast corner of Lake County between Astor and Altoona. From SR 40 at Astor, take Butler Street to CR 445A, and turn left on CR 445. The recreation area is 5.8 miles south on the right. From Altoona, drive north 5.2 miles on SR 19, and turn right on CR 445. Continue another 5.1 miles to the entrance on the left.

Mermaid Mako
03-25-2014, 05:17 PM
Just a question Gosalyn, is there a particular area where everyone will be? Never been to this park so I wasn't sure if there's a particular shelter or parking lot that I should aim for. Also, we have a Tampa Bay micro-pod on Facebook, and I mentioned this to them...I hope you don't mind! (I say micro because a friend just created it today, it has a whopping 7 mers so far, he he)

And no problem Harley! I can't wait to meet everyone!

Mermaid Gosalyn
03-26-2014, 11:18 PM
The swimming area has a pretty small entrance, it shouldn't be diffIcult to spot everyone. There are some stairs into the spring, so I suggest looking around them for other tails. :)

I have posted about this on the Florida Merfolk facebook group, so I'm sure it's ok to share.

Mermaid Ellowyn
03-27-2014, 01:30 PM
Just looked at the weather forecast for Saturday, and it's supposed to thunderstorm.... here's to hoping for clear skies, at least while we're there!

Marlin
03-27-2014, 04:28 PM
Yeah... I saw that too. Well- If we have to- I'll still be there sunday and monday morning. Would be ok with me if we postponed a day.

Mermaid Gosalyn
03-27-2014, 09:35 PM
I doubt it'll storm all day, and I really hope it doesn't. It'd be difficult for me to change days at this point, and I think it was the only day Spottedcatfish could come.

Mermaid Ellowyn
03-27-2014, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I would rather not change days if possible.. I guess we will see.

Marlin
03-27-2014, 11:15 PM
Fair Enough.

Miss Marlin and I are going to start heading down early tomorrow morning- so I won't be on till I see you guys on Saturday. I'm really excited!

See you all then!

Mermaid Mako
03-28-2014, 11:07 AM
I'd hate to drive that far just to be rained out :-(

I'd still like to meet everyone even if we don't get to swim as long....I'll keep an eye on the forecast. The hourly has the storm starting at 5pm, but that can change in an instant....here's hoping it changes for the better!

I guess a benefit of doing this on an iffy day is that we will have a less crowded swimming spot.

Melina Marina
03-28-2014, 11:28 AM
Yeah I really can't change days either---had to plan for this for a while, lol.

Can't wait to meet you guys! Rain or shine!

Mermaid Mako
03-28-2014, 12:01 PM
Well, if y'all are still going rain or shine maybe I will drive out. Gonna look over my tires, slid around a bit this week when it rained hard....scary!

Mermaid Ellowyn
03-28-2014, 12:08 PM
Yeesh that sounds scary - stay safe Mako :( I'm not in Tampa this weekend otherwise you could have ridden with me.

Mermaid Mako
03-28-2014, 12:43 PM
Awe, thats sweet of you to say Harly!
Gonna check them over today at the gas station, and I'll leave St. Pete early and drive slow if its raining. My treads still look alright. If you pass a mermaidy looking chick driving like a granny, it's me! Lol.

Mermaid Gosalyn
03-28-2014, 03:30 PM
I'm planning on heading up either way, and keeping my fins crossed that it won't be stormy. If anyone's unable to come tomorrow, there has been talk of more meets soon. My main concern is for the people, especially those from out of state, who won't be able to change plans.

Mermaid Ellowyn
03-28-2014, 06:33 PM
Small update that may or may not be too relevant, but... I'm about an hour south of the springs right now, and it has been hot and sunny all day. it has just now begun to drizzle (6:30PM). Hopefully it is like this tomorrow - but as you all know, Florida weather can change in an instant. Keeping fins crossed, as Mermaid Gosalyn said!

I'd also like to take a minute to point out I will be bringing an underwater point-and-shoot. I'd love to get photos, but if anyone is at all uncomfortable with this please let me know and I will avoid getting photos/video of you! You can PM me here before 11AM tomorrow, or let me know in person (I will try to ask in person, too!). Looking forward to seeing everyone :)

Mermaid Gosalyn
03-28-2014, 07:37 PM
I'll also have a camera and will be posting pics to FB and Tumblr. If you want to be left out of photos/videos please let me know. I'll mention it again tomorrow.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone!

Mermaidmechanic
03-29-2014, 12:21 AM
Im bringing a gopro. :)

Mermaid Mako
03-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Hey guys, made the decision to pass on this one in light of the tornado watch that's been issued until 5pm. Will anyone still be in town tomorrow? Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny.

If you are still going, drive safe!

Marlin
03-29-2014, 11:24 AM
@ Mako - miss marlin and I will be headed over to silver glen tomorrow if you want to join us.

To everyone still going: we are already down by the spring. Weather is holding so far. We are going to stake out a picnic table for all of us to use. Keep your eyes out for a bright yellow mono fin and blue umbrella. That's where we'll be.

See you all soon.

Ps- water's beautiful!!!

WavyMermaidy
03-29-2014, 02:40 PM
My hubby and niece and I are going to try and do Alexander tomorrow...probably not til afternoon. Not for sure...though if there are folks headed to Silver Glen that might be worth a try (never been there). Not for sure either way. Sorry the weather turned crappy...this is the first big storm we've had in a while.

Mermaid Gosalyn
03-29-2014, 09:13 PM
Wavy, I had really wanted to come swim with you and your neice, but I spent my energy and money today and won't be able to come tomorrow. I'm sorry and really wish it were different, but I hope you guys have fun.

I had lots of fun today and will post more tomorrow after I've had some rest. Thank you to everyone who persevered and made today awesome, and I'm sorry to anyone who got turned away by the weather.

WavyMermaidy
03-29-2014, 11:18 PM
Gosalyn: Well I'm glad you were able to go today and have a good time!

As for us we'll be going later in the week as well as I've got Thurs, Fri, Sat off work...gonna do probably 2 springs days and a Weeki day. I'll keep you posted in case you are able to come springsing again :)

Mermaid Gosalyn
04-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry for not replying before, I think I've come down with something. I guess I had a little too much fun Saturday, lol. It was a wonderful day and everyone there got to try on a tail! I've got some pictures which I've shared below, if anyone doesn't want them shared on FB or Tumblr please let me know (or if you want me to add/change names on them, etc). I've got some video I need to go through as well when I get the chance.

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2823/13591078374_a09232df48.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/mGZQ6u)

The red head below is my sister in Mermaid Mechanic's tail. Thanks again!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7455/13590702505_406c2e4756.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/mGXUmZ)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7264/13591079294_e33454caec.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/mGZQnm)

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3747/13590738853_1c676341d0.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/mGY6aF)

I hope anyone that gets out to a spring this week thoroughly enjoys themselves!

Also, here is the link to the Florida Merfolk FB group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/FloridaMerfolk/

WavyMermaidy
04-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Aww, Gosalyn I love the pics...so glad you guys had fun. My niece and I will be heading to Alexander the next few days...wish you were feeling better and could join us!

Mermaidmechanic
04-07-2014, 09:13 PM
I hope your sister had fun! She did really well swimming in the tail for her first time although the poor thing went through torture trying to get her little feets in the pockets haha! I'm glad the rain stopped and the sun came out just long enough for us to get our fill of tail swimming. :)

Mermaid Gosalyn
04-09-2014, 07:19 PM
My sister did have a lot of fun. She already wanted a tail but she wants one even more now!