PDA

View Full Version : Typical age groups for private mermaid parties

PearlieMae
02-06-2014, 12:34 AM
When you are hired to do a private birthday party or pool party, what are the typical age groups that you are entertaining? What age group do you perform for the most? Second must?

Mermaid Harmony
02-06-2014, 01:23 AM
My average age for birthday parties are 5 years old, sometimes older, and sometimes younger, toddlers and 3 years old are common as well.

Anahita
02-06-2014, 03:20 AM
I've gotten anything from 4-7 in terms of kids. Younger ones are usually the ones who want characters at their parties, but too young, and the parents don't dish out the money because the kid is too young to care. Lol

I've had older kid parties, BUT not as a mermaid or fantasy creature. The older kid parties are usually tea party themed birthdays where they want to get all prim and proper and act like little ladies, which is frickin' adorable and fun, too. It's good to be able to put all my finishing school stuff to good use, even if it is only for entertainment.

PearlieMae
02-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Thanks! I want to develop age appropriate games and stories and whatnot, and make sure I have enough interesting stuff, but not overcomplicate things for the littlest ones, or bore the bigger ones.

AniaR
02-06-2014, 10:14 AM
I do 2 all the way up to 13. Most common is 5-7

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

PearlieMae
02-06-2014, 11:24 AM
That 4 to 7 crowd can be fun...they still give over to magic so completely!