PDA

View Full Version : my custom monofin story

lollikit
02-07-2014, 06:47 PM
next weekend im planning to create a monofin, I have a lycra tail which you'se to fit a wave monofin (which I grew out of :crying:) so I need a new monofin!

here's my plan

1. cut a sheet of UHMW to the shape of my fluke.

2. cut a piece for under the fluke.

3. cut a piece for ontop of the fluke

4. figure out the shoe part, suggestions?

5. attach the shoe part with steel screws.

6.test it!!!

__________________________________________________ _

what i'll need

:UHMW sheet
:jigsaw
:rubber mat
:screws
:the shoe part

stay tuned

Fifi Tigg
02-07-2014, 07:17 PM
Good luck :)

lollikit
02-07-2014, 07:40 PM
thanks Fifi Tigg!

Mermaid Jaffa
02-08-2014, 08:56 PM
Can you not extend the Wave Monofin so that you still have the shape of it, but the extension is at the part where you put your feet in?

Like cut off the old straps, add the UHMW sheet, cut around the shoe part and add some space for the bit where your heels stick out. And just glue/bolt the whole thing on. Then glue the neoprene booties inside the feet section and onto the new sheeting.

lollikit
02-09-2014, 11:12 PM
did not think of that!!! o,well I sold the monofin any way.

Bellasea
02-09-2014, 11:28 PM
I feel that I have read a thread much like this one before. I will see if I can find it for you. But, what I have heard people use is water shoes, and then you "sew" them onto your monofin. Now what I've use (don't really recommend, but it is very easy), I've made a foot pocket out of extra spandex and glued to my monofin. When that started to fail, I used bungee cord to create a web/net over the spandex pocket. This works very well and my feet hardly ever slip out.

Moon
03-02-2014, 04:13 PM
I would probs use a piece of foam to go on top of the screws inside the shoe so it doesn't cut into your foot :D

MerAnthony
03-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Oh an don't use steel nuts an bolts. You would want to use stainless steel ones insted. Hence no rust

Hnoffy
03-04-2014, 10:16 PM
What are the measurements for the sheet you used?

lollikit
03-17-2014, 02:36 AM
sorry guys it worked out to be to expensive, instead I got a fin fun monofin pro.