PDA

View Full Version : Specific H2O Lockets

MerEmma
02-08-2014, 10:49 PM
I have a cheap silver locket (not H2O) that is starting to wear down and open randomly, so I'm looking to upgrade from it...I've always loved the H2O lockets and I've been considering buying this one, http://www.ebay.com/itm/925-Sterling-Silver-Dark-Blue-CZ-H2O-Locket-Just-Add-Water-Mermaids-Pendant-/400655119344?pt=Fashion_Jewelry&hash=item5d48e7f3f0

But has anyone bought that locket from that seller? I'm aware of the other H2O locket alternatives but theirs seems to be the best quality/has the best look. I just want a good locket that won't open all the time and this one looks really pretty and seems the right size.

Mermaid Jaffa
02-09-2014, 01:40 AM
I read somewhere metal don't play well with chlorine or saltwater.

You can make them yourself. Way cheaper. See this?

I have that bead. Well beads exactly like it except they're green and clear. They're Glass Twist Beads. You can get them in any craft shop and they're fairly cheap.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/161023294832?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=94

MerEmma
02-09-2014, 01:42 AM
Well, I don't plan to swim with it haha. I'm mostly trying to figure out if it's good quality for daily wear.

Mermaid Jaffa
02-09-2014, 01:44 AM
And if you somehow ruin it, you don't have to spend x amount of dollars to buy another one.

MerEmma
02-09-2014, 01:50 AM
I actually want the H2O lockets, although the crystals are very pretty, they're not really what I'm looking for. I've worn a plain locket for the past three years every day, it's just sort of my thing, and it's very cheap and I'd like to replace it with a nicer one. I could get any old locket off Etsy or an antique store but I decided I might like to look into one of the H2O replicas since they're some of my favorite pendants ever. :)

Mermaid Jaffa
02-09-2014, 02:11 AM
well if its not for swimming, its ok. I thought u were going to swim in it!

Trident True
02-09-2014, 07:47 AM
aww nice find, 925 sterling silver, you can wear it in the water if you want i don't see a problem. I wear a Triquetra 925 pendant around my neck and i shower in it and wear in in the ocean. wihtout any drama's. over time the silver can get dirty from use, from oils from skin etc. you just get a Jewllery cleaner cloth to clean and polish up. AND it wont tarnish. i say go for it. Oh and as for the seller. have a look at their feedback this usually tells you if there legit.

Thalassa
02-09-2014, 03:17 PM
Hmm. I got moon rings from sterlingsilverart.com and I know they make lockets, too...but they're expensive. I've worn the rings in the water and they did fine. Never bought from this seller, though.

Merman Arion
02-09-2014, 03:57 PM
MerEmma > I'm also a H²0 fan and I plan to buy this necklace very soon :)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/103598835/h2o-mermaid-swarovski-necklace-inspired?ref=market

MerEmma
02-09-2014, 05:10 PM
I do love the crystal necklaces a lot, too. I'm actually thinking about starting up a sort of project sometime this year to make a more screen accurate pendant.

Nicoseamus
02-09-2014, 11:49 PM
I say go for it! It strikingly similar to the ones on the show, and there are several color choices for the gems. The seller seems to have a pretty good rating, and has sold multiple other lockets to people. It seems no one in the past year who has bought a locket gave bad feedback, from the seller's feedback page says. I hope you make the right choice for you, in the end.

MerEmma
02-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I think it would be a good buy! I was looking at how the locket closes and it's much more secure than the one I currently own. It's still a toss up for which one I'll go for, but I do feel pretty confident in that purchase.