PDA

View Full Version : Waters Get Calmer

Mermaid Luna
10-06-2011, 03:59 PM
In the wake of a plethora of events that I've seen, both in the news, and in our community, I've been inspired, and have a proposal for all of you.

I want to do a collaborative video with all the mers and fans on here. There are so many people who have decided that suicide is the only way out, so many of us that deal with so many types of bullying and harassment, so many of us who deal with stress and depression and opposition in the face of our dreams and our everyday lives. And my message as a mermaid is the Shel Silverstein quote in my sig:
Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me: Anything can happen, child, any-thing can be. ~Shel Silverstein. But I want to take that further. We are a unique group of people, with a unique set of experiences and outlook on life. We can send a unique message, and hopefully touch some lives with it.

For this project, I want to draw on two major sources of inspiration: the It Gets Better project (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It_Gets_Better_Project) and PostSecret (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PostSecret). I'm not completely sure how to put it all together, but basically, I want to have everyone make a video (if you have a tail, wear it! :)) sharing a story of a hard time you faced that you got through (if you want to do it anonymously, you can write it, or basically do it PostSecret style) and then I want to edit together clips of all of us telling people that "The waters get calmer" and to hang in there, they can get through it.

Thoughts? Advice? Additions? Changes?

Mermaid Sirena
10-06-2011, 05:01 PM
I think it's a great idea! I've made a movie before and can help with the editing/post production if you want :D I personally would love to participate!

Mermaid Jewel
10-06-2011, 10:27 PM
I'd love to participate too! And I also do some editing, used to do the school's broadcast (and boy, is my school's broadcast hardcore...)