PDA

View Full Version : I need your advice!

Firemaid
02-13-2014, 08:01 PM
I'm doing a show with my pink tail. The client requested it from pictures on my FB.
I love the colors on this tail, but the problem is that it is a tiny bit to short for me.
When I made it I didn't know about measuring over the butt instead of along the side of the body.
Every time I use it I end up showing butt crack!!!

Do you wonderful mermaid friends have any advice on how to preserve my modesty?!!!

I feel like if I tie a belt around my hips it will just end up around mu waist when I swim (that's what usually happens with my fishing net belt)

Anyways, if anyone has ever dealt with this and found a solution I would love to hear about what you did!!

<3 <3 <3

Mermaid Momo
02-13-2014, 08:32 PM
Have you tried making a really long belt to tie around your waist that will be long enough (and thick enough) to cover your bum?

Elle
02-13-2014, 08:37 PM
if you wear some kind of nude toned leggings and put a few stitches in it to attach the belt to the leggings. Then you can wear the leggings under the tail, you're butt it covered and the belt won't move around :)

deepblue
02-13-2014, 08:38 PM
You could make a waist accessory... not so much a belt as something that could wrap over the top behind your waist, and perhaps cinch together tied at the front. You could also cover that in netting to make it look more mermaidy. Add shells, etc. If you're worried about slipping, you could try something stretchy like maternal belly bump covers- they're sold in maternity stores, just a stretchy tube to wear under shorter shirts and extend down over your waist.

One brand is Bella Band... you could work with a nude color one premade, or just sew a stretchy tube for yourself, have it go over your waist in back and cinch it together in front, cover with netting, and voila.

That's one idea, anyway. :)

Firemaid
02-13-2014, 08:51 PM
if you wear some kind of nude toned leggings and put a few stitches in it to attach the belt to the leggings. Then you can wear the leggings under the tail, you're butt it covered and the belt won't move around :)
So smart!

Coradion
02-14-2014, 12:37 AM
I had the same problem with my first tail, I added a two inch silicone edge to a speedo and wore that under my tail so even if it slides down people can't really tell.

Elle
02-14-2014, 03:21 AM
So smart!