PDA

View Full Version : Canceling a Gig

Mizuko
02-14-2014, 05:08 PM
I had to cancel my first gig today, thanks to waking up with a stomach flu :(
I've never had to do this before and I'm really disappointed! The client hasn't given any money yet, so they are not out of pocket and I don't have to give a refund, but I feel like I've let them and their kids down :(

Is there a way I should tackle this in the future if it should come up again? Does anyone else have experience with canceling gigs?

AniaR
02-14-2014, 05:21 PM
You can only do what you can do. I had to cancel 1 gig before, and in other scenarios I had to get other mermaids to cover them. In my case, I refunded the deposit, expressed my sympathy, but the client understood... you cant help when you get sick! I always offer to reschedule, but sometimes you just cant!

malinghi
02-14-2014, 05:36 PM
The idea of having people who can take over as backups for these sort of occasions is a good idea. Even if the client chooses not to use the understudy, they will probably appreciate the professionalism.

Mizuko
02-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Thank you both!
I attempted to get a backup but it was very short notice >__<
i know it can't be helped, though. It's so frustrating! I've offered to reschedule as you suggested, Raina! Hopefully the client will accept that- it's the best I can do in the circumstances.

AniaR
02-14-2014, 07:09 PM
Ihear yah. I cancelled from a hospital room before. :/