PDA

View Full Version : Share your tips for finding gigs!

BlueMermaid
10-06-2011, 05:32 PM
For those that work as a mermaid, how do you find your gigs? Share with other mermaids your successful ways of marketing yourself!

I send emails and postcards to places I think may have an interest. The postcards seem to have created the best response.

Odette
01-01-2012, 06:49 PM
i posted to craigslist which doesnt give the best responses. im being endorsed in the water festival and i got that from attending an event that was i got from craigslist .
we shall see after march 18th if it was worth it.

Mermaid Photine
01-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Be really, really careful with craigslist. A lot of those things are pretty sketchy.

Odette
01-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Be really, really careful with craigslist. A lot of those things are pretty sketchy.

thanks,Pandorah. your absolutely right =)
the only problem i have is a bunch of spam, but its easily weeded out.

Mermaid Saphira
01-26-2012, 06:52 PM
If you are mermaiding locally...I would post in the local newspaper or post a flyer in the local supermarket

Anita Mermaid
01-26-2012, 07:44 PM
Through networking. A merfriend of mine got a call for a gig that was impossibly far away for her but local for me. I got the contact info, discussed an agreement, and had my first gig ^_^

Odette
02-03-2013, 12:07 PM
freckled kisses: yaaay!I hope it was fun!
I use a large banner at events. they will see me and see my banner.I can confirm 2 gigs i got from that and im guessing 10 others from last year.

Mer_Adella
02-05-2013, 11:15 PM
I looked for festivals that might have an interest in mermaids. (Pirate festivals, ren fairs, etc) I asked if they had or would like to have mermaids. The president said that they have mermaids but none that were "swimming" mermaids. He wants me to come and meet him, the other partners of the festival, and event directors that will be there that run other ren fairs all over the state.

MermaidNerenia
02-06-2013, 03:52 PM
Mermaid Comp Cards are what im getting ready to invest in. Like modeling comp cards but with your skills and etc...