PDA

View Full Version : You MUST watch this video no matter what.

Merman Chris
10-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Sorry for the hyperbolic title, but I really think everyone will love this. The link for it showed up in Mermaid Shelly's email from some total unknown sender with no other information. We have no idea who made it, but it is genius.

http://s1127.photobucket.com/albums/l636/Mer-Vee/?action=view&current=HitlerHatesTheRecentExpansionOfCompetition InTheMer.mp4

Mer Vee
10-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Oh, "Hitler Hates The Recent Expansion Of Competition In The Mermaid Tail Market"?

I know who made it.

meremily
10-06-2011, 09:34 PM
its so funny!!! i laugh all the way to the end!!!

AniaR
10-06-2011, 09:54 PM
I had it in my email too. I have to admit, it kinda points out the hilariousness of all the drama that gets said and shared. But Im not interested in diving into drama right now with real life stuff on the go. I just hope the person it picks on doesnt think it's me because Im so darn tired of getting accused of being involved with every piece of drama

Mer Vee
10-06-2011, 10:14 PM
I've seen it once or twice by now, and as near as I can determine the preceding video is a work of parody, editorial commentary, or critique on the at times contentious or dramatic nature of the nascent but growing mermaid tail market as a whole and any resemblance to any person, living or dead, is entirely coincidental, in perpetuity and throughout the Universe.

Fnord.

taom
10-06-2011, 11:05 PM
That was very, very funny. But, like Raina, I really hope it doesn't stir up trouble. We've had enough to be going on with, thank you very much.

melbel1023
10-06-2011, 11:34 PM
I don't think it should stir up anything - Never once is the person (who we all know it is about) mentioned by name or company. Circumstances that may/may not involve him (It could be viewed as hearsay or biased stories from one or the other side) are brought up, but only said-person it is directly involved with it would be the one to point it out (And seeing as how the issues brought up are against Said-Person's business, they may not desire to speak up and be known for those issues).

I don't say the name or names affiliated in order not to bring up drama - I only say this in hopes that it won't cause any drama.

jukumerboii
10-07-2011, 12:55 AM
THAT....WAS.........EPIC!! omg NICKI MINAJ in a mermaid tail??? talk about a lot of fishy booty!! lol

Spindrift
10-07-2011, 02:09 AM
If the maker of the vid is on Mernetwork, then I think I have two solid guesses who.

merboy78xy
10-07-2011, 02:13 AM
OK, so I'm still pretty new to this whole thing, but even I thought that was hysterical!! Friggin funny stuff. If it was about me, I'd be laughing my butt off just because it's so outrageous and silly-- not to mention well thought out and "translated." THat's awesome. I love a good roast. ... and yeah, I TOO will be making my own tails someday, and who can say... maybe go into business for myself! DUm dum DUUUUUUUMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!

Aquatica
10-07-2011, 10:42 AM
"they love me in face book"

he hehehe

AniaR
10-07-2011, 10:54 AM
"what fresh hell is this?" My BF doesnt even know all the stuff that went down and he was laughing now we keep saying it!

I looked around online, it looks like a lot of people use this scene from that movie to parody a lot of things. They get really popular on youtube and there are some SERIOUSLY funny ones out there about different pop culture ones.

Merman Chris
10-07-2011, 10:59 AM

Mermaid Jewel
10-07-2011, 05:09 PM
I love it! I know who made it too but like others I'm not disclosing it. And it's hilarious! :D

Mer Vee
10-07-2011, 05:42 PM
If the maker of the vid is on Mernetwork, then I think I have two solid guesses who.Sure, why don't you start us off!

I love it! I know who made it too but like others I'm not disclosing it. And it's hilarious! :DYes but....

(And seeing as how the issues brought up are against Said-Person's business, they may not desire to speak up and be known for those issues).To the head of the class!

Spindrift
10-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Sure, why don't you start us off!

Only if my guesses will be confirmed and the identity of the original maker of the video will eventually be disclosed (which I doubt will happen, so there is no point). I like games, but I'm not into whatever-this-is, and so far, I think I've done a pretty good job of staying out of it. I wouldn't want such a game to add on another chapter to some disparaging saga.

Mermaid Photine
10-07-2011, 09:28 PM
I think that the video is greatly funny, but if the person who made it were outed, they might be in trouble with a certain person and their fans. Let's just enjoy the cleverness without looking for its source.

AniaR
10-08-2011, 01:26 AM
It irks me a lot that people have to resort to anon. stuff so they don't get a sh!tload of drama. But I know there'd be drama, big time if recent events have proven anything. I just have to say whoever made it thank you for making me feel like I wasnt the only person seeing all this stuff :( I've taken a step back from it all because I have far more serious real life things to deal with but that doesn't mean I'm okay with how our site and it's members are treated. The person in question does seem to be trying to stop and be more positive so I am hopeful that will last, for my own sanity quite honestly!

It IS nice to laugh about it, stop for a minute, and see just how silly it all really is. I mean, it's not like I can easily explain it to people around me in real life. As soon as I say anything about costumed tails their eyes glaze over in confusion, lol. but after that storm of a drama it's nice to just be able to get some perspective, laugh, and move on.

New York Mermaid
10-08-2011, 01:45 AM
That was .. Interesting, for a quick giggle.

Sirenade
10-08-2011, 03:48 AM
That is freaking hilarious! I had no idea what to expect when I clicked the link. However much Eric wants to complain people are stealing his ideas and designs, Thom Shouse is the original man.

AniaR
10-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Sirenade your avatar pic is stunning!

Taylor is a Mermaid
10-09-2011, 10:01 AM
That...was...hilarious! My favorite part was "Don't worry, he still thinks you're the prettiest mermaid." It just highlighted the ridiculousness of it all. Loved it!

melbel1023
10-09-2011, 12:41 PM
I kinda wish that the part where she whispers to the other girl "Don't worry, you're still the prettiest mermaid" was something like "Don't worry, he will fix/make your tail eventually!" lol

Merman Chris
10-10-2011, 09:40 AM

AniaR
10-10-2011, 11:39 AM
Just reminding you I certainly didnt black mail him when he offered to make me a free tail, after 6 months of nothing and then his activity toward us I told him no thank you Id be going with someone else. But he had randomly offered to make me a free silicone tail as an apology. Just never followed through

Merman Chris
10-10-2011, 04:54 PM

AniaR
10-10-2011, 10:10 PM
I know :P not everyone else knows though.

Anita Mermaid
10-10-2011, 10:54 PM
Man. Readingyou guys having to cover your own tails takes all the fun out of this. Well, okay maybe half. But yeah, having to resort to anon-work is kinda sad..

Mer Vee
10-24-2011, 11:11 PM
You know, it's a Discordian holiday today, for the next 51 minutes! Why not celebrate the Holyday of Malaclypse by watching the video again (Pretend it's your first time!), maybe posting it on Facebook, and continuing to NOT (not) immanentize the Eschaton.

AniaR
10-25-2011, 02:55 PM
lol you be trollin. I noticed a few nasty status updates which is disappointing. What was that, less than 2 weeks?

OrcaMatt
10-26-2011, 10:08 AM
Forgot about this during the outage!

AniaR
10-31-2011, 10:35 PM
I am thinking some other videos about other mer-drama need to be made :P is fun to laugh at and lets off a lot of steam!

MermanMatty
10-31-2011, 11:39 PM
OK! That was great! Hahahaha! I'm still dying! Usually I see that video tied to something about World Of Warcraft but this is a new one lol I want to know who made it so I can just give them a high five for the comedy alone! Hahahahaha! Priceless!