PDA

View Full Version : How do you start getting hired out for parties, etc.?

Kishiko
02-27-2014, 07:25 PM
Eventually, I do want to start doing parties and gigs and what not, but how do you start getting your name out? Like do you just go up to someone and say 'hey, are you throwing a pool party! I'm a mermaid! Hire me!" Lol! But how do you guys start getting hired for things?

AniaR
02-27-2014, 07:44 PM
sorry if I've already pumped this to you somewhere else, but I have extensive info on this in my book www.makemeamermaid.com and there is a PDF version!

Also if you check out the index on mernetwork, I've pubished many tutorials/articles on mernet for free on the topic :)

I also gave a workshop on that stuff at NCMerfest and I'm trying to arrange doing them online for people :)

Mermaid Harmony
02-27-2014, 10:34 PM
I made up a bunch of cards and did some time for print shoots with photographers on the island and started handing my card to everyone everyone, see a mom with a daughter give her my card, the person checking me out at the counter, give them my card, I go out to random events in tail and hand out my card. Talk about it all the time, and post flyers, advertise in free ways as much as you can.

Kishiko
02-27-2014, 10:42 PM
Thanks Harmony ^_^