PDA

View Full Version : H2O: Just Add Water has a spin-off

Pages : [1] 2

The Twilight Siren
10-09-2011, 09:14 AM
I know I'm probably late, but Jonathan M. Shiff is half reconsidering the fans demands on a new season. He's decided to make a spin-off of H2O instead, and this time, there will be a merman. Here's the link: http://if.com.au/2011/07/25/inprod/Mako---Island-of-Secrets/RDSBAKTAGX.html

It's still in the development stage, but will probably air somewhere in 2012.

MermaidAubrin
10-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Yayy that's I great H2o is what set of my love for mermaids :) I cant wait to see it

Mermaid Hamant
10-09-2011, 03:21 PM
I always wanted Lewis to get a mer-tail.

The Twilight Siren
10-09-2011, 05:49 PM
@ MermaidAubrin: Lol! Same here! :D

The Twilight Siren
10-09-2011, 05:54 PM
@ Mermaid Hamant: Unfortunately, the cast is new. Zac is one of the main characters. Then, there're the 3 mermaids: Sirena, Nixie, and Lyla. The H2O cast will have no important roles, seeing as their characters are already in college. Also Chleo, Emma, and Rikki are too grown to fit into their tails anymore. :'( It's kinda sad, but as a fan of H2O, I fully support Mako: Island of Secrets.

AniaR
10-09-2011, 07:21 PM
I actually never watched h20. I tried to, and please dont take this offensively anyone I found it too.. immature? Just couldnt hold my attention :p But maybe I'd like the spinoff who knows!

merboy78xy
10-09-2011, 07:47 PM
well, I haven't seen H2O, but I feel like a lot of movies/TV that is mer-centric tends to run a bit on the "young" side because a lot of audience for mermaids is going to be young teen-y fans. (no offense meant to anyone... I don't think that there is anything negative in that marketing... that's just knowing your audience!!) But I look at movies like Fish Tales, or Aquamarine and know that I am unfortunately NOT the target audience hehehe.
In fact, I persuaded my mother to come see Aquamarine with me because I didn't want to look like the scary old dude scamming on underage girls at the theatre. hehehe
All that aside, I would love to hear of some mer-movies that are geared to an older audience being made.
Anyone know when this new H2O is coming out? Is it a full series? Can you buy the original H2O series on DVD?

Mermaid Photine
10-09-2011, 08:53 PM
You can find the original h20 series on the internet, mostly scattered in bits on every video site (an episode here...an episode there, an episode on youtube in three parts... :P) I watched the entire thing and any behind the scenes stuff I could find when I first got interested in mermaiding. Their tails look so realisic up close!

Also, the description of this series says that the boy has "fin-like feet" Does this mean he is more of a frog man with scales than a merman? Just wondering.

The Twilight Siren
10-09-2011, 09:38 PM
I actually never watched h20. I tried to, and please dont take this offensively anyone I found it too.. immature? Just couldnt hold my attention :p But maybe I'd like the spinoff who knows! It's alright. Everyone has their own preferences, right? :)

The Twilight Siren
10-09-2011, 09:42 PM
You can find the original h20 series on the internet, mostly scattered in bits on every video site (an episode here...an episode there, an episode on youtube in three parts... :P) I watched the entire thing and any behind the scenes stuff I could find when I first got interested in mermaiding. Their tails look so realisic up close!

Also, the description of this series says that the boy has "fin-like feet" Does this mean he is more of a frog man with scales than a merman? Just wondering. Not exactly. This Zac character apparently decides to camp out on Mako. The 3 new mermaids are keeping an eye on him, and when they attack him, he falls into the moon pool causing him to become a merman. If that's the boy you're talking about.

The Twilight Siren
10-09-2011, 09:45 PM
well, I haven't seen H2O, but I feel like a lot of movies/TV that is mer-centric tends to run a bit on the "young" side because a lot of audience for mermaids is going to be young teen-y fans. (no offense meant to anyone... I don't think that there is anything negative in that marketing... that's just knowing your audience!!) But I look at movies like Fish Tales, or Aquamarine and know that I am unfortunately NOT the target audience hehehe.
In fact, I persuaded my mother to come see Aquamarine with me because I didn't want to look like the scary old dude scamming on underage girls at the theatre. hehehe
All that aside, I would love to hear of some mer-movies that are geared to an older audience being made.
Anyone know when this new H2O is coming out? Is it a full series? Can you buy the original H2O series on DVD? I agree that you're probably not the target age, I'm just getting out of that target group, but I must admit that the H2O tails are about as realistic as they come. It's one of the few reasons why I watched the entire show in the first place. :) The H2O spin-off is coming out in late 2012, and yes, it might be a full series. I think you can find the H2O DVDs on amazon or someplace. They have the 3 seasons on iTunes, but I suggest you get the DVD for the "making of" details.

malinghi
10-09-2011, 09:48 PM
I actually never watched h20. I tried to, and please dont take this offensively anyone I found it too.. immature? Just couldnt hold my attention :p But maybe I'd like the spinoff who knows!

Did you just call a children's fantasy tv show immature? WTF Raina!? In all seriousness though I kinda felt the same way. It was good, but I wasn't really their audience and just saw it occasionally. This new show does sound cool though. Also I have a really invested interest in mainstreaming mermen, so this is definitely awesome. Frankly I'm skeptical. I can't believe audiences will watch a show that doesn't just have a merman in it, but he's the protagonist.

MermaidAubrin
10-09-2011, 10:04 PM
I actually never watched h20. I tried to, and please dont take this offensively anyone I found it too.. immature? Just couldnt hold my attention :p But maybe I'd like the spinoff who knows!I thought so to but I really wanted to see mermaid stuffs so I kept watching it

Mermaid Hamant
10-10-2011, 12:54 PM
That would suck to not fit into such a cool and expensive tail anymore... wow thats depressing

The Twilight Siren
10-10-2011, 02:47 PM
That would suck to not fit into such a cool and expensive tail anymore... wow thats depressing I completely agree. :(

Moonflower
10-10-2011, 02:49 PM
YAY!!! I can't wait for it!!

The Twilight Siren
10-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Did you just call a children's fantasy tv show immature? WTF Raina!? In all seriousness though I kinda felt the same way. It was good, but I wasn't really their audience and just saw it occasionally. This new show does sound cool though. Also I have a really invested interest in mainstreaming mermen, so this is definitely awesome. Frankly I'm skeptical. I can't believe audiences will watch a show that doesn't just have a merman in it, but he's the protagonist. Lol. Give Raina a break, everyone's entitled to their own opinions. But, I do agree with all of you. I only watched the show for the tails, and the vfx. As for the skepticism, you'll be surprised at how many fans outside the mer-community have asked for a merman in H2O. :)

ScheherazOdd
10-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I admit that this show is one of my guilty pleasures ^_^ It's sugary and uncomplicated, like brain candy. Plus, Rikki reminds me so much of myself as a teenager, and her relationship with Zane was cute. I only watched the first few episodes of the third season, though, because the new girl they got just bored me to tears. I really admired the tails, they had a nice shape, really long and muscular with minimal knee articulation, and the color was really bright and pretty.

I'd deffo be interested in giving the new series a shot, especially with the promise of a merman. Not in a 'perving on teenage boys' way, but just because I'm an equal opportunist when it comes to scaly freaks x)

Anita Mermaid
10-10-2011, 08:27 PM
I remember from the behind the scenes clips that many fans wanted Lewis to become a merman.

The Twilight Siren
10-11-2011, 03:10 AM
I remember from the behind the scenes clips that many fans wanted Lewis to become a merman. Yeah, I've heard about that all over the H2O forums, and on youtube. At least the fans are getting their wish of seeing a merman, even though it's not going to be Lewis.

happyguava
10-11-2011, 07:50 PM

Yeah, I was the same. It was like... regular old Aussie teen soap... with MERMAIDS!! I had more luck watching it with the sound muted :P

The Twilight Siren
10-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Yeah, I was the same. It was like... regular old Aussie teen soap... with MERMAIDS!! I had more luck watching it with the sound muted :P Lol!!!! Was it really THAT bad for you?

malinghi
10-28-2011, 06:38 PM
Topping this thread.

So is anyone else really skeptical that this show is actually being made? It wouldn't be the first time a movie or tv show with mers was announced and then never made.

Aquatarian
10-28-2011, 09:42 PM
^^ I am a bit standoffish about it, I mean I would love to see a merman with watery powers but it sounds kind of too good to be true.

Now I felt the same way when I heard about a new mermaid that could turn water into jelly and that came true so I'm not totally going against the news. But I am wary of way may come in the future.

aWittleNoob
01-05-2012, 08:53 PM
it says in alot of places he has fin like feet?
like in the 13teenth year.......

since the series like to tease us with guys almost falling into the mer pool (*cough* WILL *cough cough*)
and the 4th mermaid in season 2? who found out her grandma was a mermaid went extremely power hungry.....

im guessing this would ruin the eco system of the mako pool, and "hopefully" turn back to normal, BUT I'D PREFER HIM BECOMING A FULL FLEDGE MERMAN INSTEAD WITH A WHOLE TAIL.... people are saying its coming out july 15th/25th.... xD

malinghi
01-11-2012, 08:54 AM
it says in alot of places he has fin like feet?
like in the 13teenth year.......

Where did you read that? I wasn't aware that there was any new information about the show. I assumed this whole show was just a rumor by overexcited fans.

aWittleNoob
01-11-2012, 03:04 PM
I read it more on the reliable sources......
about the feet thing, but theyre still not reliable........

If he does just have fin like feet I'll be really sad...... :(

malinghi
01-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Fifteen-year-old Zac decides to camp on Mako Island, unaware that three mermaids, Sirena, Nixie and Lyla, who are guardians of the island, are monitoring him. That night, when the full Moon rises, the boy comes into contact with the magic water of the Moon Pool; the following morning, he wakes up discovering he has fin-like feet and the power to control water. His new abilities will cause problems for the mermaids.

Shit, you're right. I just searched and whereas before all the synopses said he becomes a merman, now none of them do, and they all simply say he has "fin like feet". I can't believe the idea of mermen is so difficult for audiences to handle that the moon pool transforms guys into... guys with webbed toes. That sucks.

aWittleNoob
01-14-2012, 09:28 PM
Okay, If I wanted to go see a frog princes... I pop in Disney's Princess and The frog with Princess Tiana.....
and it's nto the fan's fault ti's the creator's fault... the fans have a high demand for a MERMAN NOT A FROG PRINCE...

I wonder if we could petition this?

Nawh it's going to far, atleast we got oru "4th season" and a possible movie fromt he orginal cast........
but it still upsets me it'll be like the swamp monster from the lagoon >.<

Mermaid Photine
01-15-2012, 04:39 PM
I agree that a merman would be much cooler.

But when will this be set? The *current* mermaids are the one from the series already, and there is also the trio from the 50's (ish). Will these be some big hair 80s mermaids? Maybe some 20s flapper girl mermaids and a merman in a zoot suit. Sorry. Frog man. xD

Aquatarian
01-16-2012, 01:23 PM
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n78/dmflinn/Harry Potter/Gillyweed3.jpg

"Fin like feet" makes me think of Harry Potter. :/ I want some full on tail! Webbed feet probably add a different dynamic to the show but come on now. I guess we will have to wait for more news. I just hope there aren't being literal in their description because that sounds lame compared to everything else they've done up to this point.

Nate Walis
01-17-2012, 06:08 AM
Apart from the occasional fim such as POTC: OST and horror stuff like Dagon and She Creature, the age of films like Splash that have an adult audience seems to be long gone. The fact is that mermaids are an easy sell with a kids TV show due to the fact that the image of them appeals to most young girls at one time or another. It seems that even shows that are not mermaid-related are likely to have an episode where they feature one or have a character turned into one sooner or later.

The tails were very good on H20: JAW, but they tried to make them hide the actresses' legs so much that at times when they were on land I always thought that they looked more like human-sausage hybrids than mermaids. There was also the fact that you knew damn well that every episode had to feature a slight variation on the scene where one of them is stuck in a precarious position involving some kind of liquid and a person who could potentially see their scaly bits as a result.

Mermaid Photine
01-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Apart from the occasional fim such as POTC: OST and horror stuff like Dagon and She Creature, the age of films like Splash that have an adult audience seems to be long gone. The fact is that mermaids are an easy sell with a kids TV show due to the fact that the image of them appeals to most young girls at one time or another. It seems that even shows that are not mermaid-related are likely to have an episode where they feature one or have a character turned into one sooner or later.

The tails were very good on H20: JAW, but they tried to make them hide the actresses' legs so much that at times when they were on land I always thought that they looked more like human-sausage hybrids than mermaids. There was also the fact that you knew damn well that every episode had to feature a slight variation on the scene where one of them is stuck in a precarious position involving some kind of liquid and a person who could potentially see their scaly bits as a result.
But then I could see how the tails were made!

I noticed that the show avoided videoing certain angles while the girls were mermaids- They would never show how they looked in full profile unless from quite a distance. This was frustrating before I found the making of the tails video. I think that the tails arebeautiful, especially close-up, but I wonder if that ammount of leg-hiding was necessecary. I am personally rather fond of mermaid art that looks sort-of like there's leg shapes in it, but not quite. I'd be quite interested in seeing a less bulky version of those tails made one day.

Nate Walis
01-18-2012, 05:15 AM
But then I could see how the tails were made!

I noticed that the show avoided videoing certain angles while the girls were mermaids- They would never show how they looked in full profile unless from quite a distance. This was frustrating before I found the making of the tails video. I think that the tails arebeautiful, especially close-up, but I wonder if that ammount of leg-hiding was necessecary. I am personally rather fond of mermaid art that looks sort-of like there's leg shapes in it, but not quite. I'd be quite interested in seeing a less bulky version of those tails made one day.

It's nice to know that there are others out there who haven't jumped on the campaign to eradicate the shape of the human leg in every mermaid costume or image in existance! Some of us like the shape of human legs!

Amphitrite
02-07-2012, 10:15 PM
I've watched all of H2o Just Add Water on youtube, except for the few that they do NOT have, such as 'Fish Fever.' I think... that is season 2, but I'm not sure. I can't find it on youtube though so wont be watching it any time soon. And it was my favorite. :p Meanwhile I enjoyed Aquamarine a little, but it was mostly the tail that drew me. H2o was all right but sightings were patchy, being that it's an Aussie show and not really seen in America. boo. :p

Mermaid Saphira
02-07-2012, 10:20 PM
^They have fish fever on youtube! That is where I watched it...if not you could try netflix :)

Amphitrite
02-07-2012, 10:27 PM
Oh they do, Aqua? I MUST find it immediately! :D

I can't find it! :(

Gem Stone
02-08-2012, 01:26 AM
I'm scepticle about the 'fin like feet'. Makes me think that the director doesnt want to bother with a tail. But you just know that the feet will be CGI (I think that's what it's called) and I will be disappointed if they don't get that boy a tail for at least one episode. It can't be that hard. And what's with that? The girls get to be beautiful mermaids but the boy gets jipped and is stuck with weird feet? Not fair. Why can't he just have a tail? The mermen in the little mermaid had tails. Is the actor that ashamed of wearing a tail?
My opinions are probably very opinionated as I am extremely worn out from today, so I apologize for anything that came off as too harsh or whatever.

Mermaid Saphira
02-08-2012, 07:05 AM
"I can't find it! :("
Did you maybe try netflix?? I can't find the link either but tht is where I watched on youtube :(

Mermaid Photine
02-08-2012, 04:39 PM
Perhaps the lack of tail ties in with our Mermen and Society thread? Maybe someone thought that a tail wasn't terribly manly?

It seems a very likely argument, as television shows are looking for the widest range of viewers possible. I just happen to think it's incorrect.

Amethyst
03-13-2012, 06:18 PM
I'm 28 and I love the H20 series lol This may sound a bit insane but I actually bought a replica of the locket the girls wear, I fell in love with it! :D
I'm interested to see what this new series will be like and how they're going to do it :)

malinghi
03-13-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm scepticle about the 'fin like feet'. Makes me think that the director doesnt want to bother with a tail. But you just know that the feet will be CGI (I think that's what it's called) and I will be disappointed if they don't get that boy a tail for at least one episode. It can't be that hard. And what's with that? The girls get to be beautiful mermaids but the boy gets jipped and is stuck with weird feet? Not fair. Why can't he just have a tail? The mermen in the little mermaid had tails. Is the actor that ashamed of wearing a tail?

There's really no doubt in my mind that its because society dislikes mermen, and thinks of guys with tails as looking kinda gay. I think the little mermaid is a good example. Can you believe there were two sequels to TLM, and they never introduced an merman characters with a name beyond triton? (I'm ignoring urchin from the tv show.) Its pretty mind boggling that little mermaid 2 and 3 were Disney movies that somehow had no romantic plot or love interest for any of the characters. I was sure that they would give one of Ariel's sisters a love interest in little mermaid 3, but no, there were zero merman characters. That totally blows my mind.

Prince Calypso
03-13-2012, 11:30 PM
[/COLOR]

There's really no doubt in my mind that its because society dislikes mermen, and thinks of guys with tails as looking kinda gay. I think the little mermaid is a good example. Can you believe there were two sequels to TLM, and they never introduced an merman characters with a name beyond triton? (I'm ignoring urchin from the tv show.) Its pretty mind boggling that little mermaid 2 and 3 were Disney movies that somehow had no romantic plot or love interest for any of the characters. I was sure that they would give one of Ariel's sisters a love interest in little mermaid 3, but no, tere were zero merman characters. That totally blows my mind.

i agree, the only merman movie ever really to get any public notice was Disney's 13th year. there have no strong merman characters EVER. Triton is really the only merman most people know. OH and Thank you Adam Sandler for making a joke of mermen in Funny People, just set us back a few decades dude!
i honestly think that mermen are under appricated and even though i'm gay as my little pony, sailor moon, and glitter bombs all rolled up into one but i'm tougher than any man you will ever meet and just as pretty as any model on the run way.

Moonflower
03-14-2012, 02:55 AM
If you can ever track down a copy, the Sabrina (the Teenage Witch) Down Under movie had a Merman lead, and he was quite masculine. The tails in that movie were quite unique as well - bright green with black and yellow detailing.

I do agree that mermen aren't usually seen as "masculine". I do hope my second book series changes that (as most of the male leads are mermen), though I doubt it will reach a wide enough audience...

-Annwyn-
03-14-2012, 09:21 AM
If you can ever track down a copy, the Sabrina (the Teenage Witch) Down Under movie had a Merman lead, and he was quite masculine.

That would be Scott Michaelson. He was in Neighbours in the 90's, then did some morning kids TV, did some TV in NZ and was also in Hercules: The ledgendary journies. Not sure what he's doing now, most likely managing.

bluegill
03-14-2012, 09:26 PM
H20 Just Add Water is on Netflix too.

spottedcatfish
06-12-2012, 03:54 AM
H20 is on Netflix!!! omg. I tried to find bootlegged videos of the first and second season on Youtube. By the time I got to the third... I was done with running into copyright infringement warnings, and messages saying "Sorry this is not viewable in your area". I had heard about the show about a year before It came out. I am originally from Australia, and I was "channel browsing" online, and i saw this new show in 2007, which was only accessible on Youtube at the time. Anyways, I'm going to have to look it up again... I kind of fell off the boat with that show. Good to see it's still accessible. So, as for male representation in the merfolk community, yeah there aren't really many shows or movies featuring them, unless it's like the father of the mermaid in the main plot. I have seen most of these shows and movies mentioned before, but not once have I seen a reference to "The 13th year" which is a Disney live action movie for tv, that features a merboy. Also, I grew up reading Paul Jennings, and watching Round the Twist, and If anyone knows about the story "Nails" that Mr. Jennings wrote, or the corresponding depeiction in the show Round the Twist... Then here, have a clam with a pearl inside!

For those of you who are left in the dark, I present Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unbearable_%28book%29#Nails

and this clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TSHnBk1u58 or rather the first of three clips. So what does this have to do with H20, Mr. JM Shiff, was part of the original cast of this show... Which I find to be very interesting.

Nemefish
06-12-2012, 04:16 AM

i saw a couple of episodes and then it got boring to me. idk i just didn't really like the storyline, but the tails look amazing :D

Ilonka
06-12-2012, 08:10 AM
I want me some smexy mermen! My bf isent very masculine looking but then again he isent a very good swimmer so out goes that fantasy. I like h20, but I didn't get to see allot of it, if its on netflix then I'm definitely watching!

spottedcatfish
06-13-2012, 12:37 AM
smexy merman...mmmm. I want that too! And done right, it can look very masculine. Unfortunately, many people are attracted to other bipedal footed humans... :(. Whats sexy about legs???

Moonflower
06-15-2012, 11:50 AM
The mermen in Madonna's Cherish video were smoking hot. I wish more people would picture them than the Zoolander scene...

deepblue
06-27-2012, 02:41 PM
I love H2O for what it is, a show directred at tweens. My nearly 3 year old daughter adores it. I like how they've kept a show featuring teens basically innocent and free from a lot of the negative stuff you see oin most shows directed at teens. I have no problem with honesty in tv shows, but I think there can also be some innocent fantasy and it does no harm.

So I'm glad to hear there is a spin off. New mermaids, and a merguy? My daughter should love that. I can't wait to see how they pull it off.

I agree, too, about the tails being some of the best. I love how there is so little knees-yness to them. I watched a making of video and one of the actresses said the tails weight about 40 pounds each! I imagine by now, even a few years later, the materials available to make the tails will be lighter. I just hope they retain the 'not jointed' look.

Moonflower
06-28-2012, 03:14 AM
Yeah, that sounds stupid... http://www.imdb.com/news/ni27730630/

Also, it would be REALLY nice to see different colored tails... I'm SO sick of the gold... (Bella, being changed in Ireland, should have been GREEN at least!)

deepblue
06-30-2012, 12:02 AM
There's a synopsis here: http://h2o.wikia.com/wiki/Mako_Mermaids

And I have to admit, this plot sounds rather weak, and perhaps a little convoluted. And there's not even much written here. And why, if the moonpool grants someone, anyone, powers, would the gals who were made mermaids prior to that, be so threatened that they have to remove his powers? That's just... exclusionary, haha. It is, though.

Well if/when it finds its way online, I will give it a chance, there aren't a lot of mermaid shows out there, and my daughter loves it so.

ETA- H2O is on Hulu in the US.

malinghi
06-30-2012, 01:06 AM
The spin-off was renamed. "Mako Mermaids?!" What kind of a name is that when its main character is a merman?!

In all fairness, anything's an improvement over the name "H2O: Just Add Water". Am I the only one who was annoyed by that making no sense? It's basically "water: just add water".

Mermaid Aurora
06-30-2012, 01:19 AM
AGH the 'merman' actor is a TOTAL HOTTIE!

deepblue
06-30-2012, 01:33 AM
In all fairness, anything's an improvement over the name "H2O: Just Add Water". Am I the only one who was annoyed by that making no sense? Is basically "water: just add water".

haha, yes! Me, too.

Moonflower
06-30-2012, 03:38 AM
There's a synopsis here: http://h2o.wikia.com/wiki/Mako_Mermaids

And I have to admit, this plot sounds rather weak, and perhaps a little convoluted. And there's not even much written here. And why, if the moonpool grants someone, anyone, powers, would the gals who were made mermaids prior to that, be so threatened that they have to remove his powers? That's just... exclusionary, haha. It is, though.

Well if/when it finds its way online, I will give it a chance, there aren't a lot of mermaid shows out there, and my daughter loves it so.

ETA- H2O is on Hulu in the US.

What bothered me was that Charlotte never came back and tried to become a mermaid again... Maybe she was committed or something because she just disappeared after season 2 (when she knew their secret and, I mean, if I were here, I'd be pissed off and want to expose the other girls as mermaids).

Eh, the plot of those shows doesn't make much sense anyway. The scientist from the first season would have set up camp in the moon pool to figure out the secret if it'd been real... I just hope the new series isn't as contrived as the first (which, it will be). I'd really like to see an actual plot rather than "Don't let anyone find out / Oh, that boy is cute! / My powers are going nuts / The full moon affects us... sometimes... when the episode calls for it..."

spottedcatfish
06-30-2012, 04:35 AM
Hmm I have mixed feelings about this spin-off. The pilot plot didn't really make much sense. Why would the mermaids turn the guy into a merman? Didn't the girls in the Original series, have the power to turn back into human form? Also that guy had better have a tail!! And no I don't think the girls will have different color tails, from what I've seen in this picture

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120626145918/h2o/images/thumb/8/80/295317_302161006545996_1140761601_n.jpg/549px-295317_302161006545996_1140761601_n.jpg

They look like the old tails from the original show. Also I have a suspicion that this show may be more "immature" than H20... but that's just my thoughts. You know what I'd love to see... an R rated movie featuring mermaids and mermen, that's made for our crowd! No more kiddie stuff.... ugh!

Moonflower
06-30-2012, 05:01 AM
You know what I'd love to see... an R rated movie featuring mermaids and mermen, that's made for our crowd! No more kiddie stuff.... ugh!

LOL I've been working on a book series with just that in mind! As far as I can tell, and I've looked, there's never been a paranormal romance series focused on mermaids and mermen. So, that's my next series ^_^

spottedcatfish
06-30-2012, 05:50 AM
LOL I've been working on a book series with just that in mind! As far as I can tell, and I've looked, there's never been a paranormal romance series focused on mermaids and mermen. So, that's my next series ^_^

ooh keep us updated on it... I'd love to read it when your done.

malinghi
06-30-2012, 02:08 PM
Ugh. I keep looking for info on this, but there really isn't much out there. It doesn't even have an official website yet, or an entry on IMDB, and there's no word on when it will premier.

I don't know why I care, cause more likely than not this is going to be a pretty juvenile show, and the "fin like feet" thing is going to be a huge disappointment. Its funny that a lot of places, including quotes by the show's creator, Jonathan M Schiff, totally call the male character a merman, when in fact he's not:

In making the announcement Jonathan M. Shiff said “Now we are thrilled to commence immediate production on our next series. Children all over the world love mermaids – but now a merman opens up a whole new world of fantasy and action.”

I think its funny that for most people the distinction between his lower body having a single appendage that ends with a fin, and his lower body having two legs with long webbed toes is unimportant, whereas for everyone here its a huge deal. Seriously him not having a tail totally blows.

Moonflower
07-01-2012, 11:14 AM
I think its funny that for most people the distinction between his lower body having a single appendage that ends with a fin, and his lower body having two legs with long webbed toes is unimportant, whereas for everyone here its a huge deal. Seriously him not having a tail totally blows.

I hear ya on that one. It's just annoying that there's really nothing we can do about it. Despite our love of all things mermaid/merman, we're not the target audience... though, I think most tweens who watch it will be upset at the lack of tail on him as well.

WavyMermaidy
07-01-2012, 08:04 PM
What bothered me was that Charlotte never came back and tried to become a mermaid again... Maybe she was committed or something because she just disappeared after season 2 (when she knew their secret and, I mean, if I were here, I'd be pissed off and want to expose the other girls as mermaids).

Eh, the plot of those shows doesn't make much sense anyway. The scientist from the first season would have set up camp in the moon pool to figure out the secret if it'd been real... I just hope the new series isn't as contrived as the first (which, it will be). I'd really like to see an actual plot rather than "Don't let anyone find out / Oh, that boy is cute! / My powers are going nuts / The full moon affects us... sometimes... when the episode calls for it..."

I'm glad someone mentioned those inconsistencies and such...I am not ashamed to say that even as someone in my 30's I really do love this show and watch it frequently over and over, but the thing about Charlotte and Dr. Denman conveniently never showing up again (which of course in real life they totally would have for those reasons mentioned above) has always bugged me. Then I always laugh b/c with all the supernatural, fantasy goings on it seems kinda petty to pick on the illogicality of the plot-lines...but that's our rational human minds I guess. It still definitely bugs me a bit :)

Mermaid Narina
07-01-2012, 08:40 PM
i really enjoyed the fourth 'pirates of the carribean' movie because it had mermaids in it :)

Moonflower
07-01-2012, 10:45 PM
I'm glad someone mentioned those inconsistencies and such...I am not ashamed to say that even as someone in my 30's I really do love this show and watch it frequently over and over, but the thing about Charlotte and Dr. Denman conveniently never showing up again (which of course in real life they totally would have for those reasons mentioned above) has always bugged me. Then I always laugh b/c with all the supernatural, fantasy goings on it seems kinda petty to pick on the illogicality of the plot-lines...but that's our rational human minds I guess. It still definitely bugs me a bit :)

True, but at the same time, it would have made for a much more interesting show... As an author of paranormal stories, I always try to keep any plots, be they caused by the supernatural or not, as tied up as possible... So when I see gaping plot holes like those mentioned above, it just makes me cringe...

LittleTreasure
07-01-2012, 11:45 PM
H20 was kind of like my guilty pleasure for a while, even though, as others have said, the plot was pretty juvenile, vacant and didn't make much sense. I frankly thought the girls got really snotty at times, especially after Charlotte became a mermaid - despite the fact that I knew she was the 'villain' already. They acted like a high school clique.

Plus I was hoping that the story would make them more like...I don't know, mermaid superheroes in a way, protecting the ocean or something, which they kind of did, but it focused much more on the teenage drama. But still...PRETTY TAILS!

I noticed people were saying they were trying to find the series... pretty much the whole series is on Hulu for free! That's where I've been watching it, anyway...and I'm about to go back as I'm about halfway through the 3rd season.

Princess Kae-Leah
07-02-2012, 01:16 AM
Maybe I'm just an immature kid at heart or a big prude, but I find the way I like to think of merfolk and the kind of mer-films, mer-shows, and mer-books I like most are considered "juvenile" by some other mers. I mean, the last thing I want to see is an R-Rated mer-movie, or read a super-steamy erotic romance novel with a mer-theme. I actually LIKE the "kids stuff" that most associated with mermaids. Sure, I like it to be a tad more complex and mature than, say, Jake and the Never Land Pirates (http://www.facebook.com/JakeandtheNeverLandPirates), but Disney's The Little Mermaid (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Disneys-The-Little-Mermaid/48882942427) and/or
Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hans-Christian-Andersens-The-Little-Mermaid/205265392844197) always was, always will be the definative interpretations of merfolk for me. I LOVED H2O: Just Add Water (http://www.facebook.com/pages/H2O-Just-Add-Water/114042141939461) and I'm very much looking forward to the upcoming underwater season of Nickelodeon's Winx Club (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nickelodeons-Winx-Club/207063159327115). Probably the limit of adult content that I like in my mer-tainment is like Splash, Mermaids from Pirates of the Caribbean 4 (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mermaids-from-Pirates-of-the-Caribbean-4/120726994675138), and the original HCA TLM story, certainly nothing past around PG-13. Anyone agree with me?

Moonflower
07-02-2012, 12:40 PM
No one is asking you to read my books, Kae-Leah.

Moonflower
07-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Another thing that bothered me was Cleo's sister Kim being SUCH a bitch! I mean, she was borderline evil! I've got a sister I don't get along with, but as far as I know, she's never plotted against me like Kim does to Cleo all the time. It would have been really nice to see an episode in season 3 where they had to work together on something and then became friends. Then, when Cleo needed help towards the end, Kim could have put aside her bitchiness and helped out her big sister.

Thalassa
07-02-2012, 02:27 PM
I agree with you, Kae-leah! I'm okay with romance, but steamy just turns me off. To me, it adds little if anything to any plot and is just an excuse to pander to fantasies of an "adult" audience.

Besides, I need some fun fluff in my watching/reading! That's why I still watch stuff from the Disney channel. XP

Thalassa
07-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Moonflower, I definitely agree with you about Kim. I kept hoping they'd become better friends, too! I mean, geez! If my sister were in a position where she could be discovered at any moment and all that, I'd do my best to help her. Even though I would be terribly jealous of her tail and powers. XP

Princess Kae-Leah
07-02-2012, 04:29 PM
Yay, glad someone does! Thalassa, did ya know you share a name with a character in my series? I love romance, personally, as long as it's pretty clean. I like "fading to black" for sex scenes, getting into details just seems like written porn. I used to really whinge about the lack of clean romance novel options, but then I found an awesome site called LikesBooks(or something like that...) which rates books a "sensuality rating", from Kisses to I think Burning or Blazing. It's been a real godsend for me.

New York Mermaid
07-02-2012, 05:38 PM
@Moonflower id love to get a read of that book :) I love books those are my guilty pleasure, I can sit and read forever. By the way speaking of books has anyone read the book "Mermaids: The Myths, The Legends, The Lore" by Skye Alexander Im wondering if i should pick it up or not?

I Wasnt fond of H20- probably because the plot seemed a bit too...predicted/juvenile- Then again im almost 31 and Im done with all the childish stuff.. well most of it anyway (yes im not ashamed to say i will sit there and play stuffed animals with my 4yr old niece). I think its time to make more mermaid themed shows geared towards adults, sure there's romance and sexual content and knowing some people- violence. but isint that how life is sometimes.. Someone needs to make a really good show series, that isint all about teenage problems even as a mermaid..

Personally im likiing how all the "Darker" fairy tale movies are coming out..

Moonflower
07-02-2012, 10:26 PM
@Moonflower id love to get a read of that book :) I love books those are my guilty pleasure, I can sit and read forever.

I haven't finished it yet, but it's going to be a series set in the same world as Penny Dreadful (my book in the link below). If you have a kindle, send me a PM with your kindle email address and I'll send it to you ^_^
Also, I may have some recommendations for you book-wise if you like paranormal romance. Nothing mer-wise, but it really hasn't been done yet LOL

LittleTreasure
07-02-2012, 10:39 PM
I would love to have a look at what you've been writing too, Moonflower. Have you ever considered posting it on Fictionpress when it's all done? As for me, sometimes I am in the mood to read more adult romance, and sometimes, like when I watch H20, I am just in the mood for innocent fantasy.

And I agree, I loathe Kim's character. How could somebody possibly be so selfish and conniving? And how do her parents not get that it's always her causing trouble? Are they really that stupid? Ah, well... every series has got a villain. She's one of them.

Moonflower
07-02-2012, 10:53 PM
I would love to have a look at what you've been writing too, Moonflower. Have you ever considered posting it on Fictionpress when it's all done? As for me, sometimes I am in the mood to read more adult romance, and sometimes, like when I watch H20, I am just in the mood for innocent fantasy.

I'm looking for a publisher right now. They don't like when they don't get first crack at a new piece of work. If you're interested in reading the first chapter of my first book, it's behind the link in my banner below. Keep in mind, this one is not the mermaid-centric one. This one focuses mostly on vampires (though one of my main characters from the mer series does make an appearance).

Princess Kae-Leah
07-02-2012, 11:10 PM
I have a FP series too! Check my sig line.

New York Mermaid
07-02-2012, 11:32 PM
I haven't finished it yet, but it's going to be a series set in the same world as Penny Dreadful (my book in the link below). If you have a kindle, send me a PM with your kindle email address and I'll send it to you ^_^
Also, I may have some recommendations for you book-wise if you like paranormal romance. Nothing mer-wise, but it really hasn't been done yet LOL

I wish i had a kindle :/ but no.. remind me to throw my husbands guitar pod at him when i have a chance

Alveric
07-03-2012, 01:16 AM
My novel (in my sig below) is a merfolk centered romance/adventure. It's mostly PG-13, but ventures a little beyond that occasionally. It's available in print and Kindle.

Moonflower
07-03-2012, 09:38 AM
I wish i had a kindle :/ but no.. remind me to throw my husbands guitar pod at him when i have a chance

LOL Well, there *is* a free Kindle app for most smart phones and for the computer!

LittleTreasure
07-03-2012, 11:59 PM
You know, I never really look at people's signatures. O.o Thanks for pointing that out, guys. Now I'm off to read your stories (although I already have started yours, Princess Kae-Leah. Very whimsical! :) )

Prince Calypso
07-04-2012, 01:02 AM
my novel "The Last Song" is highly sexual and extremely romantic
but for me i feel it had to be that considering both the main characters are men
and to me mermaids are kinda an embodiment of sexual nature. deep, mysterious, beautiful and deadly all at the same time
that's what writers and artist have conveyed sex ass for centuries
and some of the most well known erotic artist or even fantasy artist have tried to convey a level of hidden yet highly sexuality in the portrayal of mermaids.

Princess Kae-Leah
07-04-2012, 01:06 AM
@Calypso, I have a different take on mers. See my thread on asexuality. For me, I always considered mers a sort of symbol for asexuality.

Prince Calypso
07-04-2012, 01:34 AM
@Calypso, I have a different take on mers. See my thread on asexuality. For me, I always considered mers a sort of symbol for asexuality.
i know i read your thread sweety and i'm not saying your wrong or that your idea and beliefs is wrong i'm just saying for me, what i fell in love with about mermaids as a young boy was their allure how men would throw themselves off ships for them as i got older and realized that i was gay i i came to realize that i identified with mermaids more as a gay man then as just a mermaid fan. to me mermaids were all the things i wanted and still want out of my sexuality and out of life.
to mermaids are erotic and sensual and sexual beings because they are wild and carnal just like nature itself

i'm all for differnt sexualities and i don't judge
i simple see sex as a beautiful thing that a person shouldn't be ashamed of and to me mermaid embody that, pure sexuality wildness with out restrictions.

Moonflower
07-04-2012, 06:29 AM
i know i read your thread sweety and i'm not saying your wrong or that your idea and beliefs is wrong i'm just saying for me, what i fell in love with about mermaids as a young boy was their allure how men would throw themselves off ships for them as i got older and realized that i was gay i i came to realize that i identified with mermaids more as a gay man then as just a mermaid fan. to me mermaids were all the things i wanted and still want out of my sexuality and out of life.
to mermaids are erotic and sensual and sexual beings because they are wild and carnal just like nature itself

i'm all for differnt sexualities and i don't judge
i simple see sex as a beautiful thing that a person shouldn't be ashamed of and to me mermaid embody that, pure sexuality wildness with out restrictions.

I agree. I see them as highly sexual, as they have been know to every culture throughout history, which is why I have no qualms about writing the way I do. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however, and I'm not saying anyone is wrong.
I'd like to read your story, Prince! Where can I find it?

WavyMermaidy
07-04-2012, 08:18 AM
I personally like the fact that mers can embody different things to different people...humans can identify with different aspects of themselves within the mer-world and find a connection :)

deepblue
07-04-2012, 09:56 PM
I personally like the fact that mers can embody different things to different people...humans can identify with different aspects of themselves within the mer-world and find a connection :)

Same here. And the more tales and books there are out there to cater to different tastes, the better for the mer genre. And better for the readers who want to read as much variety as they can.

merboy78xy
07-14-2012, 08:55 PM
...AND better for the sellers! Trying to cater to different audiences is important for success! If all the stories were sexual, kids couldn't read 'em... (well, MY parents wouldn'ta let me) and if all mer-stories where devoid of all "adult situations" I know I would be hard pressed to read more than one or two!

New York Mermaid
07-14-2012, 09:30 PM
In my case how I perceive mermaids: their just like us, yet they can be manipulative if youwill, to entice and get what they want. But I’m NOT saying that’s how I am as a mermaid with my mersona, I use my mersona for good to teach others about our oceans, to entertain and inspire kids and some adults as well. But I can just as well write a mermaid story minus adult situations, but trust me on this whether erotic, scary or not, people find mermaids interesting. There’s more to their life than evading water that will bring out the mermaid tail... (Splash did that, H2O I believe did something similar). They actually have lives.

But the situation is adults are more driven by the look of the mermaid, how they are around humans (especially male humans), Some are manipulative and evil, while others are more driven by romantic notions and uncontrollable circumstances, whether it be sharks or captured by pirates, and others are put in situations and find ways to deal with it. The sexual aspects a lot of writers have taken, to not only tell a story, but to entice the reader. I know some people who are reading“50 shades of gray" just for that reason alone. But most children find mermaid samazing, unique and want to be one- to play with the fish all day (don’t get me wrong some adults do too- *raises hand).

Have you ever thought about writing a story that persists to your mersona, how would you liveas a mermaid, your struggles in life, do you transform? What’s your mersona's back story? I am currently working on one for Lanai.

Merman_Shawn
07-15-2012, 04:32 PM
MERMAN! I'm so excited to see a merman on tv, but this show is a little out of my age group. I'll tune in to see if it's good. :)

MerEmma
09-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Personally, I loved H2O. I still watch it on Netflix. Love the tails, love the characters, love the story. I'm also the target age group, so I suppose both sides are a bit biased in this debate, no? :P

However, in Secret of Mako Island, he does have a real tail. Writers are just trying to (most likely) create more of a secret or more "want" for it all. Here's a picture of it: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120912234913/h2o/images/9/98/Zoc.jpg

Ashe
09-23-2012, 04:01 PM
im not sure what to believe, and i dont mean to make people sad, but i heard that they cancelled Mako Mermaids because one of the girls got on a new show called Alien Surf Girls, and another wanted to do something else. Im not saying this is true, ive just heard it in multiple areas. Though the rest of the articles ad shown by Emma look pretty promising. I personally dont think this will be anything near as good as H20, and the storyline AND the characters look exactly the same, but just my opinion. :)

Mermaid Saphira
09-23-2012, 04:11 PM
aren't Alien Surf Girls and Mako Mermaids made by the same producer (Jonathan M. Shiff)?

MerEmma
09-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Yep, made by the same people. One of the actresses used to be on Alien Surf Girls, but believe me, it hasn't been cancelled. If they had already created the tails, started filming in May (and they did--Jonathon confirmed it), they aren't going to just quit. It'd be kind of dumb to.

Aquatarian
09-23-2012, 04:21 PM
Yep, made by the same people. One of the actresses used to be on Alien Surf Girls, but believe me, it hasn't been cancelled. If they had already created the tails, started filming in May (and they did--Jonathon confirmed it), they aren't going to just quit. It'd be kind of dumb to.
Agreed. They already have the ball rolling. They have invested all this money and time into this project not to mention contracts with actors and other behind the scenes workers. It doesn't make sense to stop production.

Ashe
09-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Exactly what i was thinking! it didnt make much sense, but it was on so many websites. But that just goes to show the internet cannot be trusted ;)

Mermaid Allie
11-11-2012, 02:27 PM
yeah it'll probably take the spot of icarly because its over in the end of november :( BUT GO SECRET OF MAKO ISLAND! I plan on getting a partial silicone tail from fish butts that looks just like the h2o tail!!

Mermaid Celissa
11-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Heard about this! Yay! But this was my reaction when I started re-watching H2O on Netflix:

Season 1: Ooh yay! Mermaids! I forgot how dramatic this was!
1st half of Season 2: Mermaids! Yay!
2nd half of Season 2: ...I know exactly what's going to happen every time...why watch?

Then I just quit. Hoping for a better new series!

roamingmer
11-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Celissa - Snap. Although more 'mermaids and cool underwater scenes'... 'less cool underwater scenes' - 'more teenage angst and mind drivel'. Oh pooh whatever next...

Mermaid Saphira
11-11-2012, 03:52 PM
^ My reaction was about the same Celissa, other than season 2 ;)
For season 3, it wasn't good...
3rd season: Yay! Cleo and Rikki!....Oh no, wh-where is Emma? *sniff*
She's gone? SHE'S GONE???? *points at Bella* THAT is who is replacing her?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! OoO

Entertaining moment in life XD I am hoping that none of the characters r moved out/replaced in this one :p

MerEmma
11-11-2012, 05:15 PM
I loved Bella a LOT more than Emma. :p

Mermaid Celissa
11-11-2012, 05:53 PM
The irony, Mer​Emma

Mermaid Allie
11-11-2012, 06:19 PM
Bella? YOU LIKED BELLA MORE?!?!?! i'm not even getting into this arguement never mind.

Mermaid Celissa
11-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Agreed. Emma was my favorite, but Indiana (plays Bella) is really pretty.

Mermaid Allie
11-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Yeah

Mermaid Celissa
11-11-2012, 07:12 PM
At least there's finally another color scheme, based on that article's photo

Mermaid Allie
11-11-2012, 08:33 PM
actually the girls tails are still orange, but zac's tail is blue.

Mermaid Celissa
11-11-2012, 09:21 PM
Yeah, that's what I meant.

Mermaid Allie
11-11-2012, 09:26 PM
Ohhhh whops blonde moment

Mermaid Saphira
11-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Bella? YOU LIKED BELLA MORE?!?!?! i'm not even getting into this arguement never mind.

Me 2 :)

Mermaid Saphira
11-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Agreed. Emma was my favorite, but Indiana (plays Bella) is really pretty.
She does, I think i was just disappointed to find that my all time favorite character was gone. At least they kept Cleo..<3

MerEmma
11-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Cleo is my first favorite, then Bella and Rikki, but I never liked Emma. Not because we shared the same name, but I never cared as much for her. I can't choose a favorite season because they all have faults and good episodes.

Mermaid Allie
11-12-2012, 08:44 PM
OMG CLEO WAS THE BEST. I'M ACTUALLY LIKE SO MUCH LIKE HER IN REAL LIFE ITS SCARY. except i'm not a mermaid :( and i have different hair. Hmm i liked season 2 the best, because i feel like there was more swimming and more stuff happened, even though i HATED charlotte with a passion. like i wanted her to explode or something. I didn't like season 3 as much. Specifically because bella just wasn't cool. And will was a dick (in my opinion), and I WANTED SOPHIE TO EXPLODE. AND I WANTED ZAYN TO EXPLODE. AND THE LAST EPISODE I CRIED SO HARD WHEN ALL THE MAGIC DISAPPEARED. I WAS LIKE OH HELL NO.

Mermaid Allie
11-12-2012, 08:45 PM
but the season 3 tails were the coolest, because they were sparkley :D. but the season 1 tails were the most realistic.

elinox
11-15-2012, 02:40 PM
For season 3, it wasn't good...
3rd season: Yay! Cleo and Rikki!....Oh no, wh-where is Emma? *sniff*
She's gone? SHE'S GONE???? *points at Bella* THAT is who is replacing her?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! OoO

I just watched the first episode of Season 3 a few days ago and my first thought was: "But.....where's Emma?!?! Plotholes!!! AAAAHHHHH!!!"

I'll keep watching because, let's face it, it's a TV show about mermaids, but I don't have a lot of high hopes for plot this season. All things considered though, it is meant for young/teen girls!

Shivice
11-15-2012, 04:07 PM
Can you buy the original H2O series on DVD?
Yes you can buy it online, here's a link : http://www.amazon.com/H2O-Just-Water-Complete-Series/dp/B008NNY9U8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1349830508&sr=8-3&keywords=h2o+just+add+water

meremily
12-28-2012, 12:34 AM
new pic for mako island8452

meremily
12-28-2012, 12:40 AM
i also found this in french:Secret of mako Island est une série télévisée australienne jeunesse créée par Jonathan M. Shiff en association avec la chaîne Nickelodeon qui sera diffusée le ? février 2013 sur Network Ten en Australie. Il s'agit d'une série dérivée de H2O

in english heres the traduction: the show will began in february 2013 but no date

Aquatarian
12-28-2012, 01:17 AM
Awesome! Love the tail. Looks like a bit of a different structure than the previous tails they've used. And score only a couple months!

halesloveswhales
12-28-2012, 02:02 AM
So stoked! I may be in college, but I will never stop loving this show. However, it'll premiere much later in America than in Australia, and that makes me sad. Hopefully, it comes out on Hulu!

spottedcatfish
12-28-2012, 04:49 AM
I'll look for bootlegged videos of it on YouTube and post them up on here. I'm looking forward to this new series.

lasserine
12-28-2012, 05:08 AM
Found this. No idea what it says. http://australianseriesofficialspain.blogspot.com/search/label/Mako%20Mermaids

MerEmma
02-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Anyone know any more updates on this? I can't find much.

Ariel-Starfish
02-21-2013, 12:42 PM
I heard it's for November 2013?

MerEmma
02-21-2013, 12:54 PM
Earlier in the thread it mentioned February (now) but I also heard November somewhere else. Hope it comes to America pretty quick.

AptaMer
02-24-2013, 06:50 AM
Well, on the H2O wiki page, fans are saying it is due to come out in May in Australia

http://h2o.wikia.com/wiki/Secret_of_Mako_Island

Mermaid Hamant
03-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Can't wait until it comes out!!! I will definitely be watching. :)

NeiOtik
03-05-2013, 12:11 PM
https://vimeo.com/60999965 The trailer, in case anyone hasn't seen it.

Kanti
03-05-2013, 12:37 PM
These mermaid shows are quite strange.
Then again, I did just see that video with no volume haha

seagirls626
03-05-2013, 12:38 PM
OHMYFINS. You don't know how long I've been waiting to see this (the trailer).

Mermaid Hamant
03-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Yes!!! So excited!!! Finally this spinoff has something that H2O was missing. Mermen!! Haha

Ariel-Starfish
03-05-2013, 02:45 PM
Thanks for posting the trailer!! (Going totally wild)

seagirls626
03-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Haha! Me too Ariel! I've watched at least ten times already.

MerEmma
03-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Hahaha, wow. The trailer made me laugh, but in a good way. :P
It looks decent, really. The acting isn't half-bad and I like the girls a lot more than I thought I would. The trident thing seems a bit cliche but that's not a dealbreaker (for me, anyway). The boy's tail looks a lot different than the gal's which is kinda cool I guess. I'm excited, definitely. :)

Ashe
03-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Ahhhhhh! So exciting! The trailer looks so good :D I really like how the merman's tail is different. It looks really nice. And do the flukes on the girls' tails look a bit floppier in the water? I think I like that more than the stiffness of the previous show. Anyways, can't wait! :yay:

Usagi
03-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Holy crud, they DO look like sausages!! Haha

Winged Mermaid
03-05-2013, 07:27 PM
I really liked the human-becoming-mermaids take that the original series had, since mermaid stories seem to always be mermaids-becoming-humans type deal. But even thought they're becoming human it's more for a mission than just, "I don't want to be a mermaid, I want to be a human" (<- so tired of that) like how they did with PAX mermaids. Either way, give me a lot of underwater scenes and some mermaid pride and I'm a happy viewer :)

Also anyone notice the music at the end was a lot like the Doctor Who (Series 5) music (2:38) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D-QPDGhCtM)? I caught myself humming Doctor Who after I watched the trailer and wondered why for a minute haha :P

lasserine
03-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Looks good. Cant wait.

AptaMer
03-05-2013, 10:42 PM
"So you really do have a tail!"

"What'd you expect- a propeller?" LOL ;)

MermaidBrittany
03-06-2013, 12:51 AM
Hmm yeah still looks rather cheesy to me :P

spottedcatfish
03-06-2013, 03:00 AM

I agree. But this trailer leaves nothing to be anticipated... it shows too much of the show early on. And it's really glamorous, compared to the more down to earth, H20 show. Not sure how long this show is going to last.

malinghi
03-06-2013, 03:52 AM

I agree. But this trailer leaves nothing to be anticipated... it shows too much of the show early on. And it's really glamorous, compared to the more down to earth, H20 show. Not sure how long this show is going to last.

I was fairly impressed by the trailer. I think the production value looks pretty good, especially for a childrens show on cable. And I think the fact that they appear to be playing up the action/adventure side rather than the teen drama and romance is cool. It almost seems like they're trying to attract more viewership among guys. (Although based on how Chai Romruin looks shirtless, I don't think they should have too much trouble attracting girls too.)

Anyway, no matter how the show turns out, the people who made this deserve a ton of credit for being willing to take risks. Aquatic characters aren't typically that popular, and male aquatic characters do worse. Aquaman and Namor routinely get made fun of, and neither of them even have a tail. I can barely think of any merman characters at all, and they're making a tv show with a merman as the protagonist.

lynsea
03-06-2013, 05:37 PM
God everyone looks so alike. So are there three human actresses, three mermaids, and the merman/human? It's a bit hard to figure out characters from that trailer although I am ECSTATIC about it! Seems like there are going to be a lot of humans that know about the mermaid secret.

Also it looks like they updated the tail making process a bit. The mermaid tails seem a bit floppier and obviously the merman tail is completely new and it looks WAY floppier than the others. I cannot WAIT for this to come out!!! I'll definitely be able to find a link when it comes out in AU if anyone is interested.

Also, if anyone has watched Jonathan M Shiff's other productions like Ocean Girl and H2O, he definitely seems to love using "Mako" as a place.

Kanti
03-06-2013, 06:38 PM
I watched it with sound and still didn't get it xD
Not like I didn't like it, I didn't get what the plot was.

Well, I also don't like it too much. I like the fantasy side of merfolk better than the teenage dream version.

Also is the merman a bad guy or a good guy? It seemed like they were hinting he was a badguy sort of at the end or something.

Mermaid Allie
03-06-2013, 07:51 PM
OMFG THE WAIT IS ALMOST OVER

MermaidBrittany
03-06-2013, 09:37 PM

Yeah I noticed that as well. A lot of show/movie trailers are like that now days. :/ Why watch it when they tell you the whole story before you even watch the show?

I thinks it is cool that they are trying to change it up a bit with the guys. However, honesty I couldn't watch H2O because I cringed from the bad plot/acting/sets the whole time! I'm not very fond of their tail look either, but thats just me. Hopefully this may be better? :)

MerEmma
03-06-2013, 10:14 PM
The point of a trailer is to tell you everything but at the same time nothing. That's personally how I feel about it, haha.

seagirls626
03-07-2013, 04:28 AM
OMFG THE WAIT IS ALMOST OVER

I KNOW RIGHT? I'VE BEEN WAITING FOREVER FOR THIS

Moonflower
03-15-2013, 02:24 PM
The trailer says it requires a password?

Moonflower
03-15-2013, 02:32 PM
Never mind, I found it on YouTube. Um... The music they used in the trailer is a ripped off version of "I Am The Doctor" from Doctor Who, Series 5 by Murray Gold...
Listen to the trailer music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3yPevVZNNU

Then listen to the original in this Doctor Who trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3berYXUrSnw

Mermaid Momo
03-15-2013, 03:37 PM
I gues they didn't expect whovians would be watching the show haha. Though it is one of the most recognizable songs if you hear it.

Moonflower
03-15-2013, 09:13 PM
LOL guess I'm at fault for being a huge whovian (and a fan of Murray Gold's scores because they are brilliant).

The show looks stupid, honestly. I LOVE that there's a merman, which is what H20 was missing IMHO, but the premise seems really, really stupid. It's like the original show didn't exist at all, because this negates it's entire plot. They should have changed the location, or made it canon with the original series. Also, I love that the merman tail is blue, but I still don't understand why every merMAID has a gold tail. I still think Bella should have been green as she was changed in another location back in H20, but that's just me wondering why everything is so bland. Also, the mermaids on this show seem a bit forgettable. It's like they hired girls who fit into the tails they already had to save on production costs. Two blondes and a brunette, AGAIN. I bet they make any female antagonist a redhead AGAIN. Of the two blondes, one has curly hair and the other pretty much straight, AGAIN. It's just... I know it's for kids, but give viewers a bit more credit than this... Their main audience will be people who have previously watched H20, so it's not like they won't know these things; And the fact that the kids who watched H20 are now older and will remember plots from the original will only hurt the plot of this one.

MerEmma
03-15-2013, 09:24 PM
The tails are completely different ones, same style and all, but not the exact same ones. They don't fit the old tails.

Mermaid Momo
03-15-2013, 09:56 PM
LOL guess I'm at fault for being a huge whovian (and a fan of Murray Gold's scores because they are brilliant).

The show looks stupid, honestly. I LOVE that there's a merman, which is what H20 was missing IMHO, but the premise seems really, really stupid. It's like the original show didn't exist at all, because this negates it's entire plot. They should have changed the location, or made it canon with the original series. Also, I love that the merman tail is blue, but I still don't understand why every merMAID has a gold tail. I still think Bella should have been green as she was changed in another location back in H20, but that's just me wondering why everything is so bland. Also, the mermaids on this show seem a bit forgettable. It's like they hired girls who fit into the tails they already had to save on production costs. Two blondes and a brunette, AGAIN. I bet they make any female antagonist a redhead AGAIN. Of the two blondes, one has curly hair and the other pretty much straight, AGAIN. It's just... I know it's for kids, but give viewers a bit more credit than this... Their main audience will be people who have previously watched H20, so it's not like they won't know these things; And the fact that the kids who watched H20 are now older and will remember plots from the original will only hurt the plot of this one.
I agree with this 100%. Everything (design and casting wise) is the same. Same tails,same looking girls (I can tell you honestly that I didn't even realize that they chose new actors) also all of the other mermaids from when they showed the group shot all look like clones! If they made all new tails they could've at least used new designs for ten because after all it is a new show with a totally different plot from the original. Basically a whole new series. As in it has no ties what so ever to the h2o show.

spottedcatfish
03-16-2013, 03:54 AM
After taking a second watch of the trailer, there is definitely more action in this new series. I'll give it a try when it comes out. Also speaking of H20, I was at Walmart today, and I saw it on sale in DVD! Is there anyone who wants to get this: http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=H20+just+add+water+DVD&ic=16_0&Find=Find&indexId=13d67388461c&cdnHost=search-cdn.walmart.com&searchdropdowndiv=com.wm.module.305715.constraint&search_constraint=4096

Ariel-Starfish
03-16-2013, 11:39 AM

AGREED :O

Mermaid Azira
03-17-2013, 10:42 PM
The whole principle bit seems really odd to me. A principal mermaid? With a secret cave thing? At school? Does she live at school?

Aquatarian
03-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Just found a shit ton of info on some Russian website. I had my own reservations about this show too but now that I know more about it, it seems more like a CW drama than a Nickelodeon kids show. Tons of pics too. I'll post in a little...

MerEmma
03-23-2013, 12:38 AM
Look forward to it.

Aquatarian
03-23-2013, 12:41 PM

lynsea
03-23-2013, 04:40 PM
Thanks for posting those!

Mermaid Stark
03-23-2013, 04:50 PM
Haha! Moonflower, the funny thing about what you said is that it's all so true! I'm looking forward to seeing how this show does... Oh! And another funny thing is that in Mystic Waters, mermaids who got changed in different places have different tails! It just makes sense...

Ariel-Starfish
03-24-2013, 04:36 AM
Watched all series of H2O. In the beginnibg it was just a tail thing (I looked up everythime there was an underwater scene) but later on, i got into the characters more (even trough its just a kids show) and now I rewatched series 3 becouse I wasen't able to see it on Tv. Now for the new format, I'm quite happy to see a merman! U don't see that all day, do ya? XD Sorry guys! I'm 'HOOKED' ! :'D

Mermaid Caspiana
03-24-2013, 12:10 PM
@ merboy78xy I know of one movie I think is aimed at an older audience... It's called Mermaids. It was made in 2003. You can also watch it on the you of the tube. ;)

Mermaid Saphira
03-24-2013, 01:30 PM
Those images look great! I love his tail, what a unique fluke shape!

Aquatarian
03-24-2013, 02:18 PM
So these just look like character cards, most likely screencaps from an early website or maybe a slide show/video they use to pitch the show to networks.

*SPOILER WARNING - THE BELOW CONTENT REVEALS CHARACTER INFORMATION AND PLOT POINTS OF THE TV SHOW "MAKO MERMAIDS"*

http://cs403224.vk.me/v403224823/6a64/jevfHl9gO0k.jpg
Nixie is adventurous and fun-loving to the extent that she some-times gets herself in trouble, acting before she thinks. It’s Nixie’s mischievousness that helps lead to diaster for Sirena, Nixie, and Lyla when they accidentally let Zac into the Moon Pool.

Nixie thinks both Sirena and Lyla could afford to lighten up. Since she was a hatchling, she been obsessed with land-dwellers and has spent countless hours watching them from mainland beaches. Because of this, she is more familiar than the others with the ways of humans, from fashion to ordering food in cafes. That said - her knowledge of human social rules is sometimes patchier than she would like to admit - and though Nixie throws herself into life on land, she often gets things wrong - much to the amusement of the other mermaids.
~

http://cs403224.vk.me/v403224823/6a54/AQlgzqGiyOc.jpg
Sirena has been Nixie’s best friend since they were hatchlings. Sirena is a little naive, very trusting, can be unsure of herself at times, and is easily treated like a doormat. Where Nixie is the leader, Sirena is the follower. She is loyal almost to a fault.

She is a little clumsy and of all three mermaids, struggles with legs the most.

Sirena is initially cautious around Lyla, but quickly realizes that they all need to stick together to succeed on land. With Nixie & Lyla always at each others throats, Sirena plays the role of mediation - but often wishes she wasn’t stuck in the middle. Although she’s normally patient with them, sometimes it all gets too much and Sirena snaps - and Lyla & Nixie don’t want to be around when Sirena loses her temper!

Although the others rarely pay attention to what Sirena has to say, she can sometimes come out of left field with a streak of genius that can help them find their way out of sticky situations. As the series progresses, placid Sirena gradually earns the others mermaid’s respect as an important member of the group.
~

http://cs403224.vk.me/v403224823/6a44/gk0N3b7Rb_4.jpg
A loner and a bit of a rebel, Lyla loves her life as a mermaid and is perfectly content swimming alone all day. She has her own fun in her own way, and she isn’t used to having to rely on others - or even cooperating - so she can be a little prickly at times.

When the three mermaids decide to venture onto land to rectify their mistake, Lyla takes a mercenary approach - get legs, sort out the problem, go back to the ocean. But things don’t quite go as smoothly as planned, and Lyla has to accept that she might be on land for a while - but she doesn’t have to like it!

As a general rule, Lyla doesn’t like mingling with land-dwellers - but as the series progresses, despite her best efforts, she is drawn to Zac. She becomes Zac’s go to confidant, but conflict arises when Zac learns she hid her secret from him and means to take his powers away. Will Lyla’s feelings for Zac win out over her desire to go back to the ocean?

By series end, aloof Lyla will have learnt the importance of friendship - and after starting out as the most reluctant to go ashore, it will be Lyla who’s the most reluctant to return to the sea.
~

http://cs403224.vk.me/v403224823/6a34/zLbtB60uMKI.jpg
At first glance, Rita seems to be a totally normal land person. But she has a secret; she’s actually a mermaid. When she was younger, Rita swam with the pod off Mako Island. But she fell in love with a land person, Harry. She used to sneak off and get legs to spend time with him - until the pod discovered what she was up to. She became a pariah. So Rita made the decision to leave the pod and forged a life for herself with Harry amongst the land people.

Although Harry passed away, Rita has been successful on land and is now the principal of the local high school. She has survived and protected her true identity by keeping a somewhat cool and distant outer image.

Although a bit lonely sometimes, Rita has more or less adapted to her life. That is until three young mermaids turn up and ask for help. Rita is torn - she gave up her mermaid life, and she doesn't want three reckless young mermaids blowing her cover. But Rita can’t turn them away. As she becomes their mermaid mentor and guide, Rita discovers that although there are complications, the mermaids bring companionship and laughter back into her life. She might even start to enjoy the craziness!
~

http://cs403224.vk.me/v403224823/6a2c/PUmMh857T5U.jpg
Rita’s cat, Poseidon, is and exotic white long hair Chincilla. He is Rita’s closest friend and companion, guarding her house and possessions .. and also his very own mystical secret…
~

http://cs403224.vk.me/v403224823/6a14/mvHIo8tknHA.jpg
Good looking and charming, Zac starts out as an all-round nice guy. He’s popular and sporty, always off on some adventure or another with his best mate Cam. He and Cam have a healthy and long-running rivalry - based firmly in good-hearted mateship. The rivalry fuels both boys in everything they do - and they banter constantly. But truth be told, they both win as often as they lose. They are essentially equals. That is until the Moon Pool endows Zac with amazing powers and the ability to morph into a sea creature.

When he first gets a tail, Zac experiences a range of different emotions. First he’s plain stunned, then intrigued, then bummed - after all, his new status as half-fish undeniably makes him a bit of a freak. In addition, he knows he can’t get wet in front of people without morphing - and that would be a disaster. But he soon finds out that the perks of his powers outweigh the negatives, and starts to embrace his new identity. This causes a tilt in his friendship with Cam - who is used to being Zac’s equal, and is jealous of his new abilities.

When things hit rock bottom with Cam, Lyla, Sirena, & Nixie learn of Zac’s powers and Zac finds a new support network. It’s Lyla that Zac feels most comfortable confiding in, causing problems with his girlfriend, Evie. This all changes when Zac discovers not only that Lyla is a mermaid - but that she wants to take his amazing new powers. The battle lines are drawn…
~

http://cs403224.vk.me/v403224823/6a04/VLmT-PpVkAk.jpg
Cam is Zac’s offsider and best mate. Cam is good at most things, same as Zac - but his exuberance can put people off especially girls, with whom he is hopeless to a comedic extent. He doesn’t mind the constant rejection - it’s all a big game as far as Cam’s concerned.

When Zac is transformed, Cam is the first person he tells - and Cam’s response is to try and find a way to exploit the situation for profit. Zac refuses, not wanting to draw attention to himself. As Zac’s powers grow, Cam feels increasingly left out. He tries to make a place for himself in Zac’s new life, but mostly finds himself covering for Zac and having to lie to Zac’s girlfriend, Evie. Cam tires of being the meat in the sandwich between them, and when Zac refuses to tell the truth, Cam has had enough. But can he really abandon his best mate?
~

http://cs403224.vk.me/v403224823/69f4/Lp-85xRokPI.jpg
Evie is a good looking, easy going, sporty girl with a strong work ethic and plenty of ambition to get ahead in life. She has always been a battler. Nothing has ever been delivered to her on a silver plate. Whatever she’s achieved, she’s done herself.

Apart from working hard at school, she also works the small shop/dive business outlet at the Ocean Cafe. Evie stocks and sells sporty beachwear items, as well as booking the scuba diving tours and other aquatic activities that her father runs off the local beaches.

A keen triathlete she trains hard on the beach and in the water, which is how she and Zac originally met up and began dating. Both share a love of the beach and an active lifestyle, so it was inevitable that out of shared training sessions romance would blossom.

When Nixie, Sirena, & Lyla appear on the scene, Evie notices the rather odd, unusual out-of-towners - but only begins to resent their presence when Zac spends increasing amounts of time with them instead of her. Worried that her life is about to come crashing down, Evie cannot help but become suspicious, especially of Lyla. She and Zac used to have something really good going on. Is this newcomer going to mean the end of that?
~

http://cs403224.vk.me/v403224823/69ec/n-Jbsx3MB7E.jpg
David is the boy-next-door - cute, honest, matter-of-fact, and always happy to help out. David works at his Dad’s cafe business. His family own the beloved Ocean Cafe and are well liked in the local community.

There’s instant puppy-love chemistry between David and Sirena, but Sirena resists, knowing that getting involved with David would only complicate things.
David’s the sort of trustworthy, dependable guy who Sirena thinks could be entrusted with their secret. Not that she’s going to tell him. And although David might suspect something strange going on with Sirena and her friends, he minds his own business - happy just to spend time with Sirena.
~

*SPOILER WARNING - THE ABOVE CONTENT REVEALS CHARACTER INFORMATION AND PLOT POINTS OF THE TV SHOW "MAKO MERMAIDS"*

Mermaid Saphira
03-24-2013, 02:22 PM
Just read all of that! So excited to see the show.
As a side note, that cat is adorable! :3

MerEmma
03-24-2013, 02:39 PM
I think the plot sounds really unique.

meremily
04-20-2013, 11:15 PM
new pics!10883

meremily
04-20-2013, 11:16 PM

when is it gonna start??? seem like we are waiting forever!!!!

meremily
04-20-2013, 11:23 PM
OMG OMG OMG just found this!!!! yay!
sorry if it been posted , i was too happy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TabKzLNHMU8

Mermaid Varshana
05-02-2013, 06:10 PM
Frankly, I'm glad they're making it a whole new series instead of ruining H2O with it. I feckin' loved that show and I want to remember it the way it was XD It's one of the few innocent teen shows that had real heart in it and didn't have too many embarrassingly unwatchable super-kiddie cheese moments.

DepthWitch
05-20-2013, 02:37 AM
And now I'm so excited I may pee lol

Mermaid Muir
05-29-2013, 11:10 PM
I wonder if the girls will make an appearance? Like are the girls gonna be supporting characters or are they just not going to appear like they are off at college or something

Mermaid Varshana
05-29-2013, 11:54 PM
This series is more of a redux than a spinoff. Totally different story. The original cast have all moved on to other things. Just as well, because I really think the series finale ended things perfectly.

Mermaid Dottie
05-30-2013, 12:07 AM
I'm 23, and suddenly feel like a cougar.... 0.0 he's beautiful. We didn't have guys like that at my high school, and if we did, they never spoke to me, EVER.

Gem Stone
05-30-2013, 03:07 PM
can't wait to see it!!!

meremily
06-02-2013, 04:49 PM
hey guys! i found this! look like the first three episodes. did somebody succeed in watching it or its a scam?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mz0o0B9AU4

and

http://makomermaidsepisodes.weebly.com/

DexRicon
06-02-2013, 06:30 PM
The production company has the episodes available online for a fee. And a legitimate business interest in having them. And I'm assuming with that business interest comes a non disclosure agreement and a million or so sheets of purple Australian plastic.

spottedcatfish
06-03-2013, 03:44 AM
The production company has the episodes available online for a fee. And a legitimate business interest in having them. And I'm assuming with that business interest comes a non disclosure agreement and a million or so sheets of purple Australian plastic.

Hmm do you have a link?

DexRicon
06-03-2013, 06:15 PM
http://www.zdf-enterprises.de/en/int-catalogue/zdfejunior/live-action/series-mako-mermaids?pager=a26ccd#.Ua0VU5XXE20 This is the direct site for viewing. Again, you have to register and pay...and probably be a distributor.

aWittleNoob
06-04-2013, 09:52 AM
http://youtu.be/P3yPevVZNNU Check this out!

malinghi
06-04-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm 23, and suddenly feel like a cougar.... 0.0 he's beautiful. We didn't have guys like that at my high school, and if we did, they never spoke to me, EVER.

Don't worry, teenagers in TV shows are always played by people in their 20's. I'm pretty sure that actor is older than you.
http://h2o.wikia.com/wiki/Chai_Romruen

Mermaid Dottie
06-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Don't worry, teenagers in TV shows are always played by people in their 20's. I'm pretty sure that actor is older than you.
http://h2o.wikia.com/wiki/Chai_Romruen
o.o you're right! He's eight months older than me. That makes me feel better.
New Celebrity crush!

meremily
06-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Hmm do you have a link?

heres what i posted two days ago, i found it but i dont know how to listen to them

Union of Pods of the North (http://mernetwork.com/index/forumdisplay.php?62-Union-of-the-Pods-of-the-North)Join DateJul 2011Posts142

hey guys! i found this! look like the first three episodes. did somebody succeed in watching it or its a scam?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mz0o0B9AU4

and

http://makomermaidsepisodes.weebly.com/

Mermaid Allie
06-04-2013, 08:26 PM
I hate those stupid complete the survey things they never work.

meremily
06-16-2013, 12:14 PM
im beginning to think we will never see this program, theres nothing new on internet since a lot of time...

MerEmma
06-16-2013, 12:46 PM
It's in the final stages, I think.

Elle
06-16-2013, 05:23 PM
It will come out here before the end of July. It will happen. Don't panic

MerEmma
06-27-2013, 08:54 PM
End of July...for Aussies, I guess?

Aquatarian
06-28-2013, 01:18 AM
I just heard July 27th

Elle
06-28-2013, 02:21 AM
26th.....
Network Ten (Aussie channel) and on Netflix for the USA/Canada, England, Ireland, Scandinavia, Benelux and Latin America.

deepblue
06-28-2013, 02:24 AM
Looks like Netflix already has exclusive rights to stream this in the US and all Netflix territories.

Said to premiere on Netflix July 26. Oddly, it's not on their site yet- I expected a 'coming soon' - but I'm going to keep checking. They did only just announced the acquisition of the show a few days ago, however.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/4/article/p2p-76435451/

It's all over the web and was also mentioned on the Mako Mermaids FB page.

Elle
06-28-2013, 06:38 AM
seeing as where I am we're (Brisbane, Australia) 14hours ahead of New York. I may watch it and put something up if anyone is interested.

MerEmma
06-28-2013, 08:16 AM
If I can watch it on Netflix, I am a happy mer :D

spottedcatfish
06-29-2013, 04:14 PM

Purple Australian plastic? I'm assuming you are talking about the $5'er right?

Echidna
07-01-2013, 08:54 PM
*headscratch*
so, will this be viewable in Europe?
Like, buyable on a DVD?

TaurielTheElementMerfairy
07-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Hi every mer. I'm trying to find out if the show is going to premiere on tv and if so when so I can watch it since I don't have Netflix and last time that I knew it was only going to premiere on Netflix in the USA. Please let me know here or on Facebook about what I had to say so I know if I can watch it on tv and if so when since I don't have Netflix. My name on Facebook is Rebekah Leigh if you wanna chat about the show and help me with what I had to say above. Please let me know as soon as you can. :D :)

Update on 7/18/13-Me and my boyfriend just got Netflix on 7/17/13, so now I can watch the spin off show there and not have to worry about it. As far as my mermaid outfit and look goes, I have been talking to a new tail maker who is going to be making my own h2o tail with the Oceanika merfin inside in my colors and my add on fins that I like and my top that I like and a few other things that I'm going to be wearing with them. When I can I'm going to buy all of my mer stuff from her and I'm not going to say what everything is yet since my name here hasn't changed yet but when it does and I have everything from her that is on my list I'll post something about it in a new thread some where you think it will belong and if I can I'll post pics and videos of me opening my package from her and post them on my mermaid pages. Please leave me comments on what you think of my update as soon as you can cause I would love to hear about what you think of this new mers stuff that I hopefully going to be buying as soon as I can. I hope to hear from you soon. :D :) :D :) :D :)

Elle
07-20-2013, 07:00 PM
So this coming Friday at 4pm, I will be sitting myself down to watch the very first episode. I just saw a tv spot for it (the only tv spot I've seen for it so far).
5 Days to Go

Mermaid Allie
07-20-2013, 07:02 PM
Yeah I saw on Wikipedia that it was coming July 26th!!! Does anyone know if it's on nickelodeon because I don't have network ten it's Australian...

Aquatarian
07-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Look at this awesome pic I found! Amazing shot of Mr. Merman's TAIL!

Mermaid Allie
07-20-2013, 08:03 PM
GUYS GUYS GUYS OMG THE FIRST 13 EPISODES ARE GOING TO BE ON NETFLIX NEXT FRIDAY HOLY YESSSSSSSSSSSS
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mako_Mermaids

Carolina Mermaid
07-20-2013, 08:50 PM
Badass tail!

Echidna
07-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Can't watch in this country.
Boo! :(

Jinx
07-22-2013, 02:18 AM
Depends on where in Europe you are. Check the netflix article you can google it they list them there.

Ariel-Starfish
07-22-2013, 03:23 AM
Where can i watch it? We don't have Netfix around here :(

Amethyst
07-22-2013, 06:21 AM
His tail looks amazing! :D I'm in the UK, wonder when we get it?? :S Currently re-watching H20, on season 2 at the mo! :D Although I'm nearly 30, this show is so addictive lol Really wanna see Mako Mermaids!! :D

Jinx
07-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Netflix is a online subscription movie and tv website. Its like $7 us a month. If you go to netflix.com you can subscribe. Mako mermaids will be available tomorrow on netflix in the uk usa and europe plus else where.

Mermaid Allie
07-25-2013, 10:24 PM
Oh and I WANT THAT TAIL. Half considering staying up until midnight tonight to see it...

MerEmma
07-25-2013, 10:36 PM
I forgot about it being on tomorrow! That'll be way fun, OMG. I'm excited!

Elle
07-25-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm gonna be watching it this afternoon!!!!!

Mary Marine
07-26-2013, 12:16 AM
Just started watching H2O last night and I've ALREADY FINISHED SEASON 1. Seriously, I was shotgunning episodes and stayed up WAY too late for a work night. Then I was so excited from watching them that it took me another 2 hours to fall asleep! It's nice to know when I've finished the show there is more to look forward to!

AptaMer
07-26-2013, 01:49 AM
Where can i watch it? We don't have Netfix around here :(

In Europe Nextflix is only available in the UK, Ireland and Scandinavia presently. They're going to be available in the Netherlands 'later this year' and more European countries to follow, but that won't help you watch Mako Mermaids this month.

Also, some people in the UK are saying they don't have nearly as many shows available on their Netflix service as people do in the United States. In fact, while Canada has almost all the shows available that the US does, there are a few that aren't available in Canada either.

So, what's a poor EU person who wants to watch Mako Mermaids supposed to do? :confused:

Ha, there are ways to get the full US Netflix programming in Europe. The easy way :thumbs-up: and the hard way :headwall:

http://www.allofvpn.com/enjoy-netflix-in-europe/

http://jordanfried.com/how-to-watch-netflix-in-europe/

Elle
07-26-2013, 02:01 AM
It's starting.....

Elle
07-26-2013, 02:25 AM
Theme song; not as good as the original h2o one. it's not catchy.
Sirena; Blonde version of Cleo. She has an older sister called Aquata who was in charge of telling them that they've been outcast
Nixie; Brunette version of Rikki.
Lyla; Claire
That's the best way to categorizes them. It's very similar personality types. Do you want to know anything else?

MerEmma
07-26-2013, 09:19 AM
I'm watching the first episode right now--I'm surprised they put all of them up so quickly! I thought they'd release them week-by-week on Netflix. So far I really like it! :D

WavyMermaidy
07-26-2013, 10:08 AM
Waiting for hubby to finish making tea in the kitchen and then we're watching the first episode...it was like Christmas this morning waking up and realizing that when I turned on Netflix it would be there, lol! Trying to resist the temptation to do a marathon, especially since we plan to go out mermaiding today!! Might do a mini marathon when we get home.

MerEmma
07-26-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm trying not to marathon too but I think I'm going to end up pulling one over this weekend anyway. Get more out of it that way, too, I guess. :P I'm way too excited to watch the third episode, time went by so fast!

meremily
07-26-2013, 10:32 PM
can someone post a link to see it? i cant find it anywhere i want to see it too!!!!!

Jinx
07-27-2013, 12:44 AM
If you log on to netflix search mako mermaids: an h2o adventure. You can stream it from there. I watched all 13 episodes today. I liked it and even like the song. It's stuck in my head. I just feel like they should have gotten farther in the story line in 13 episodes. The only thing that bot I ered me is the next to last song the one mermaid sand wasn't well done she should have practiced more. Her first song was awesome though. I hope the 2nd season comes quicker than this one did.

Aquatarian
07-27-2013, 12:50 AM
The tails look more organic to me, less mechanical like the ones from the first series.

I'm liking the story so far, and I actually like the FX more. It's kinda cool to hear more about mermaid culture too!

Jinx
07-27-2013, 01:11 AM
I love the hunger for shrimp thing they added. Totally awesome and hysterical.

aWittleNoob
07-27-2013, 03:00 AM
OMG!!!! I JUST LOGGED ONTO NETFLIX AND MAKO MERMAIDS IS ON INSTANT!!!! OMG GUYS!!!!! AAAAAAAH >A<!!!!!!!!

MerEmma
07-27-2013, 12:04 PM
I really love it, ahhh. The tails are just so pretty I can hardly stand it ajaifnkj. The flukes are flowier than the old ones but that's the only difference from the girl's. Zac's tail is so detailed, too, but it seems a bit like Zac adjusted extremely quickly to it but I won't hold that against them, haha.
It's just so good, I'm WAY enjoying it. I still kinda miss the older series of course but this one is really a good spin-off series, I think.
Plus Cam is just so well planned of a character, imo, haha. <3

Mermaid Varshana
07-27-2013, 12:09 PM
I need to get over the "I don't wanna replace the first series BAH!" attitude I have right now because I'm still playing in that sandbox fanfic wise, so to speak :P

Aquatarian
07-27-2013, 01:16 PM
^ Yeah I mean it's totally understandable to miss the old characters but I like to think of it as growth. Its not just a tv series anymore, it's now a saga. Who knows maybe it won't end here ya know? ;)

That's how I like to think of it anyway.

Mermaid Allie
07-27-2013, 01:36 PM
I really like it! I'm trying to control myself and I'm only watching 2 episodes each Friday so that by September ill be finished in time for the next release

MerEmma
07-27-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm incapable of that ahaha but I admire you for being able to xD

Mermaid Varshana
07-27-2013, 02:01 PM
^ Yeah I mean it's totally understandable to miss the old characters but I like to think of it as growth. Its not just a tv series anymore, it's now a saga. Who knows maybe it won't end here ya know? ;)

That's how I like to think of it anyway.
I get too attached to weird things. It's one of my batshit crazy autistic tendencies XD

Ariel-Starfish
07-27-2013, 03:44 PM
Are the episodes online yet? We don't have netfix :(

MerEmma
07-27-2013, 04:21 PM
SPOILERS BELOW IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN UP TO THE THIRTEENTH EPISODE. 13 EPISODES.

jhoyl ceakojgndbgbcnvbETHKEJndmcvbznvfnhgkj HOLY FREAKING CRAP THE LAST EPISODE WAS SUCH A CLIFFHANGER.
I still really like Cam but man his character is being jerky but I don't blame him considering the circumstances
and i feel so bad for the girls and zac jsut needs to give them time to explain everything, everything to him and just like everything with the trident is pretty insane and otherwise i just mean likeojkdfdnvbmnkfj
i was really hoping that he would find out by accident like water dropping on them (which hasn't been an issue for them in public at all yet, which kind of makes me sad because tbh those are my favorite scenes ;\) btu hjvbmBMnmkfhfdkjdkjgkgf
it's just SO MANY EMOTIONS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH THEM
SO FREAKING I JUST MEAN LIKE
i don't really like lyla as a character all that much, sirena and nixie are my favorite methinks.

aWittleNoob
07-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Me want season 2 :'(. I can totally relate to Sirena though xD. I'm always the sheltered goody two shoes. xP

meremily
07-27-2013, 08:47 PM
why isnt it no link at all on all the internet? thats the first time i ever saw that! like game of thrones, 1 hours after its diffusion there was 1 milions links! mako mermaids : nada! im sooo sad!!! i cant watch it on netflix either!

MerEmma
07-27-2013, 09:03 PM
Game of Thrones is MUCH ​more popular than Mako Mermaids, I'm sure.

meremily
07-27-2013, 09:37 PM
ok so after searching and searching, i got episode 1 and got finally to watch it!!!!!!!!!!! im posting the link for others but i have to warned you that there is subtitled in another language.
heres the link
http://played.to/ag707uf4kc7p
enjoy!

aWittleNoob
07-28-2013, 12:11 PM
http://youtu.be/3Fkuzx0CUIs

Ariel-Starfish
07-28-2013, 12:58 PM
http://youtu.be/3Fkuzx0CUIs

I'm dying from envy *___*

Mermaid_Sarah
07-28-2013, 01:12 PM
Yeah! Mako Mermaids! It's on Netflix and I'm sorta addicted to it :3 I love the Zac's tail!

Mermaid Oshun
07-28-2013, 01:19 PM
what is the most recent season number?
I noticed their tails have really tiny scales. much smaller than all commercial mermakers Ive seen.

Mermaid Veruliya
07-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Jk, I just started it and OMG the girls are so pretty! and the guys WHOA
I love the blue tail!

MermanJesse
07-28-2013, 02:20 PM
I watched all 13 episodes the first night!

People do not understand that this is a SPIN OFF, not a SEQUEL.

Season 2 and season 3 of H2O: Just Add Water were sequels.

This is a whole new series with similar rules for the new mermaids or mermen. You have mermaids that were born mermaids, and you have the mers that were created by the moon pool. So far that is just Zac.

I believe there will be a season 2. Some of the clips in the trailer were not in season 1. Like when Cam asks, "You really do have a tail." and the mermaid replies, "What did you expect, a propeller?"

Also, Zac tells Cam that the principal is a mermaid. That was in the trailer, but not anywhere in season 1.

So, I can not wait for season 2.

I am totally saving up for one of those orange tails!

Mermaid Varshana
07-28-2013, 02:41 PM
Ha! Yes! I totally was right to theorize that merlings could be born from moon pool mermaids and not all of them were moon-made then!!!!! That theory was a total shot in the dark! This fanfic writer is pleased!

Mermaid Varshana
07-28-2013, 02:48 PM
what is the most recent season number?
I noticed their tails have really tiny scales. much smaller than all commercial mermakers Ive seen.

H2O had 3 seasons and MM is a separate spinoff with 1. I am bitterly envious and want one of those tails. No knees or ankles. *green jellyfish*

Mermaid Oshun
07-28-2013, 02:50 PM
seems like they are filled with soft closed cell foam. If it is around the knees I doubt they can sit with the knees bent much.

Mermaid Allie
07-28-2013, 06:21 PM

This is a whole new series with similar rules for the new mermaids or mermen. You have mermaids that were born mermaids, and you have the mers that were created by the moon pool. So far that is just Zac.

I believe there will be a season 2. Some of the clips in the trailer were not in season 1. Like when Cam asks, "You really do have a tail." and the mermaid replies, "What did you expect, a propeller?"

Also, Zac tells Cam that the principal is a mermaid. That was in the trailer, but not anywhere in season 1.

Jesse there are 26 episodes in the first season and the next 13 come out in september :) so they are probably in the second half :) But chances are there will be a second season.

meremily
07-28-2013, 07:38 PM
merman jesse, in september they will air episodes 13 to 26 of season one. its not finished.

meremily
07-28-2013, 07:39 PM
i found a new link without the annoying subtitles , episode 1
enjoy!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12eu7j_mako-mermaids-mako-island-of-secrets-outcasts-1x01-full-episode_shortfilms

Jinx
07-28-2013, 07:42 PM

There is also clips of Serena singing with a band in the credits that isn't anywhere in the 13 episodes. I'm finishing my 3rd time thru the season right now.

Jinx
07-28-2013, 07:46 PM
I want to know how they explain mermaid procreation cause Rite said in either the 11th or 12th episode that noone has seen a merman in centuries.

Really glad to hear the next 13 will come out in September. I was wondering all morning why there were only 13 episodes and the articles all said they weree contracted for 26. Glad it won't be another full year to wait for that.