PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma merfolk?

MermaidAmestris
03-07-2014, 12:03 AM
A lot of mermaids and mermen seem to be in different areas of the midwest, but I can't find anyone else from Oklahoma. Is this the wrong pod? Iona posted a map that said Oklahoma was part of the midwest. Or am I just all alone? With no one here besiiide meee.......

Mermaid Lorelei
03-07-2014, 01:31 AM
Hahaha, you're not alone darling. :3

Delilah
05-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Very few of us sadly.

MermaidSasha
07-07-2014, 08:55 PM
I live in Oklahoma

Mermaid Waverly
10-08-2014, 07:29 PM
I am in need of a oklahoma mermaid! Message me please if any oklahoma mers are available for a party :)

AmbrGlows
01-14-2015, 05:45 AM
Hello Oklahoma MerSisters. I'm in Dallas but I spend a bit of time up around Lake Texoma in the summer since that's where I'm from. I was thinking about making a trip up to Lake Murray. Anyone in that area wanna meet up sometime?

MissMermaidMegan
03-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Me! I'm not always here for the summer though, since I'm a college student(:

Merman_Ryan
03-01-2015, 07:13 PM
The Merfolk of Foxmoon Productions are located in OK. http://www.merfolktails.com/merfolk.html

MissMermaidMegan
03-01-2015, 10:03 PM
Merman_Ryan, I'm pretty sure I looked through your site when I was trying to convince my mom to get me a tail way back in middle school. It didn't work, but I'm a mermaid now anyway XD

26494926bdgqifkwb
03-02-2015, 03:43 PM
I'm pretty close to Oklahoma. Just a short drive down 60 and I'm there.

Paula Smiley
07-10-2015, 10:59 PM
The Merfolk of Foxmoon Productions are located in OK. http://www.merfolktails.com/merfolk.html
I had NO idea you guys were in Oklahoma !!! I have been dying for some mers here !!! I need a meet up, just tell me where !

Paula Smiley
07-10-2015, 11:01 PM
Oklahoma mermaids !!! I have been dying for
mers here !!! I need a meet up, just tell me where !

Celaeno
07-28-2015, 06:22 PM
Does anyone know of any indoor pools that allow fins in Tulsa? My husband is from Tulsa so we go visit regularly and it'd be nice to have a swim somewhere.

Paula Smiley
08-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Does anyone know of any indoor pools that allow fins in Tulsa? My husband is from Tulsa so we go visit regularly and it'd be nice to have a swim somewhere.
I know there is a meet up at the blue hole in Selina on the 22. I don't think I'll be able to make that but maybe you can. Go to Mermaids of the Midwest or Pod of the Midwest on Facebook !
:mermaid kiss:

Celaeno
08-12-2015, 05:35 PM
Thanks! I'll check it out!

Paula Smiley
08-14-2015, 01:46 PM
A lot of mermaids and mermen seem to be in different areas of the midwest, but I can't find anyone else from Oklahoma. Is this the wrong pod? Iona posted a map that said Oklahoma was part of the midwest. Or am I just all alone? With no one here besiiide meee.......
Hi ! I'm in Kingfisher County, where are you ? I need a mermaid friend in this state !!!:mermaid kiss:

MermaidSasha
12-22-2015, 09:18 PM
It has been awhile since I've posted on here! I am still here in Oklahoma and would love to meet some of my fellow mermaids. I finally went to blue hole for the first time this summer and I loved it! I even took my tail and swam out there :) I'm always up for making friends. I would love to do a swim meet up with yall!

wow.fantastic_baby
03-19-2016, 03:06 AM
Hello!! I am in Tulsa, Oklahoma and looking into becoming a mermaid. Mostly for fun, as all of my hobbies at the moment consist of sitting on my butt. haha. Where could I go to start practicing? I don't know anyone with a nice pool that I could visit, so it would have to be public. And since it does get cold here, we can't go to the lakes all the time. Nice to meet all of you and see that I'm not alone in wanting to do this.

MermaidSasha
03-21-2016, 10:54 AM
Hello!! I am in Tulsa, Oklahoma and looking into becoming a mermaid. Mostly for fun, as all of my hobbies at the moment consist of sitting on my butt. haha. Where could I go to start practicing? I don't know anyone with a nice pool that I could visit, so it would have to be public. And since it does get cold here, we can't go to the lakes all the time. Nice to meet all of you and see that I'm not alone in wanting to do this.

Hello there :) I'm in the Tulsa area as well(at least till we move) I'm only mermaiding as a hobby right now as well. You might want to try Salvation Army in Sapulpa or Sand Springs. I heard that the Sapulpa one will let you swim for like $5. I haven't been down there to check myself. You might want to ask them if they allow tails or monofins( whichever you have) and definitely let them know you can swim in it just fine. If you have a tail you might want to have a mermaid helper go with you(someone who can help you if you get into any trouble). My friend and I both have tails and are always looking for a place to swim lol.

Nice to meet you :D

wow.fantastic_baby
03-21-2016, 11:49 AM
Hello there :) I'm in the Tulsa area as well(at least till we move) I'm only mermaiding as a hobby right now as well. You might want to try Salvation Army in Sapulpa or Sand Springs. I heard that the Sapulpa one will let you swim for like $5. I haven't been down there to check myself. You might want to ask them if they allow tails or monofins( whichever you have) and definitely let them know you can swim in it just fine. If you have a tail you might want to have a mermaid helper go with you(someone who can help you if you get into any trouble). My friend and I both have tails and are always looking for a place to swim lol.

Nice to meet you :D
Thank you!! I don't have a monofin or a tail at the moment, but I'll be sure to ask about it before I bring one in. I'll have to get down to the one in sand springs, I love pretty close to sand springs so I think I'll start there. Thank you again!

Where are you moving to? I hope its not too far so maybe we can still meet up later on down the road.

Sent from my 7040N using Tapatalk

A_Koi_Mermaid
03-21-2016, 12:47 PM
Just a thought but, you Oklahoma merfolk are welcome to meet up with the Texas pod too. I know a couple local Texas (non mer) groups that occasionally merge with their Oklahoma counterparts. DFW usually isn't too far for them to come once a month or so. More mers the merrier.

MermaidSasha
03-23-2016, 11:52 AM
Thank you!! I don't have a monofin or a tail at the moment, but I'll be sure to ask about it before I bring one in. I'll have to get down to the one in sand springs, I love pretty close to sand springs so I think I'll start there. Thank you again!

Where are you moving to? I hope its not too far so maybe we can still meet up later on down the road.

I'd definitively suggest getting a monofin before trying out a tail. Depending on your shoe size I might be able to loan you mine for a bit. I'm moving either closer to Sapulpa or staying here in Sand Springs. Either way I'll be roughly 20 minutes from where I'm at now lol. The Sand Springs pool may not let you use the pool unless you have a subscription tot heir gym. Which they have a few different options, or at least they did when a friend and I asked.

My best friend and I both have tails and are hoping to get to swim again here soon and I'm always up for making more mer friends :D

wow.fantastic_baby
03-23-2016, 04:37 PM
I plan to give them a call and find out. I just haven't done it yet. My kids make phone calls really hard, they're so loud. I dont plan to buy a tail for a while, as I want to practice and get used to swimming like a mermaid without having my legs stuck together, just in case. Lol

MermaidSasha
03-24-2016, 04:52 PM
I understand all too well about phone calls with children lol. Like I said, if you want to I could lend you my monofin for a bit. I learned with it before I ever bought a tail. Let me know what Salvation Army says if you call them :D

Shyren Shey
03-24-2016, 05:24 PM
Hello! I'm super new to this forum and I live in okc. I am thinking this summer I'll make myself a cloth tail, but I have no idea where I could swim around here. I would be super excited to meet the handful of other OK mers though!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

wow.fantastic_baby
03-24-2016, 05:33 PM
Hello!! I'm super new too! I plan to make a tail too just because I enjoy making things. I'm looking into where I can swim in my area also. But its nice seeing that there are plenty of other mers around me. I didn't think there would be

Shyren Shey
03-24-2016, 06:00 PM
I've been wondering if whitewater bay would get annoyed at me wearing a monofin in their pools, Hahah~ I work like 10 minutes away, so it would almost be worth getting a summer pass just to go swim before I work in the afternoon/evening.

MermaidSasha
03-25-2016, 10:24 AM
Never been to OKC so I'm not sure where you'd be able to swim lol. I do suggest when it officially hits summer that you both try to make a trip to Blue Hole in Salina, Ok. The water is so dang pretty!! ITs shallow in some spots and nice and deep in others. And the water is ALWAYS cold, but it was the best trip ever. I went last year and swam in my tail. It was the best!!

Shyren Shey
03-25-2016, 10:30 AM
Sounds amazing, I'll bring it up with my friends, I'm sure they'd be up to do a day trip and go swimming

MermaidSasha
03-25-2016, 10:34 AM
Definitely wait until a really hot summer day. Trust me lol.
Also, good luck on making your tail! Hope to see pictures :D

Shyren Shey
03-25-2016, 10:37 AM
Thank you, I'm planning to move soon so it'll have to wait a month or two, but making a spandex tail can't be much harder than making my boyfriend's fur suit, lol~

MermaidSasha
03-25-2016, 10:48 AM
I'm planning a move soon as well :) I can imagine the tail will be much easier than a fur suit lol. What did you make it for?

Shyren Shey
03-25-2016, 11:09 AM
Furry Fiesta in Dallas. He's been a Furry as long as I've known him, but it's never really been my thing.

Mermaids on the other hand! Definitely one of my absolute favorite things ever. I can't believe I never found out mermaiding exists before now.

MermaidSasha
03-25-2016, 03:49 PM
Okay you are officially the coolest. Not many people would do something that big for their boyfriend or girlfriend. Its sweet that you are supportive of him about that :) I'm sort of interested in it, but mermaiding is more my book as well lol. I have to ask, what was we? lol

Shyren Shey
03-25-2016, 04:40 PM
His character is a blue malamute with a pompadour lol~

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160325/52ffbfb2788dca437195f9cc21215a89.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160325/73bb5d0553bf6d801a234f5afbbf5908.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160325/21dca48e5417de4e7363aa497cc3981f.jpg

MermaidSasha
03-25-2016, 04:58 PM
That's awesome xD

Amapele
03-30-2016, 12:41 PM
I live in Southern Oklahoma. (Thackerville), and I'm looking to join a pod.

Shyren Shey
03-30-2016, 12:49 PM
It seems like the closest bigger meet ups to us are probably the group near Dallas, Texas.

A_Koi_Mermaid
03-30-2016, 06:03 PM
Yeah, we'd love to have you guys come out sometime. Our numbers are growing every month and we range from people borrowing monofins to full silicone tails.

Jaiden Kinsey
07-06-2016, 12:49 AM
I am in tulsa :) if any of you would like to talk, please message me it would be awesome to meet some of you!

MermaidSasha
07-07-2016, 11:37 AM
Have any of you heard about the Turner Falls meet happening all this weekend?

MermaidJaiden
05-23-2017, 10:06 AM
I am from tulsa! Ugh i have no mer friends here :( i would love to meet up with any mermaid here! Please please message me