PDA

View Full Version : New Orange Caramel music video- mermaids!

Odette
03-14-2014, 03:48 PM
A really cool video concept.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med2XipHJJM

Mermaid Cascada
03-14-2014, 06:04 PM
I was waiting for someone to post a thread on this video lol! I love kpop and this video is stinking adorable! I love the sushi(?) concept. I kinda wish they did something else for the tails though because I almost didn't notice they were mermaids until I saw the flukes while they were in the food case thingy.

Anahita
03-15-2014, 12:59 AM
I saw the gif of them in the trays on tumblr a while ago and wondered where it came from. Cool to see the whole video!

deepblue
03-15-2014, 01:18 AM
Am I the only one who finds that incredibly creepy?

But then I'm always incredibly squicked out by mermaids as food in ads and art.

Does anyone have the translation of the lyrics for those of us who don't speak the language?

AniaR
03-15-2014, 02:14 AM
I saw the gifs too. I thought it was creative but creepy which was probably the point lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Mermaid Cascada
03-15-2014, 03:55 PM
Am I the only one who finds that incredibly creepy?

But then I'm always incredibly squicked out by mermaids as food in ads and art.

Does anyone have the translation of the lyrics for those of us who don't speak the language?

It's Korean. I really love this culture so I'm studying the language :) Well... I like different cultures in general so I'll probably end up learning lots of languages. But back to the point lol, I can't translate for you but from what I've heard the song is about (jealousy maybe and) somewhat of a girl crush? Which is why she blushes at the octopus person.

Edit: The lyrics don't make much sense to me but you can find the translations here: http://kkromanized.wordpress.com/2014/03/11/rom-eng-lyrics-orange-caramel-catallena-%EA%B9%8C%ED%83%88%EB%A0%88%EB%82%98/

deepblue
03-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Thanks! Aww I love the lyrics and meaning!

Also... the trays have me even more creeped out now. lol

Mermaid Dottie
03-15-2014, 05:57 PM
Did anyone else laugh at how the octo-girl was showing off how expensive she was?

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Mermaid Adriel
03-16-2014, 04:46 AM
cute! <3

Sephina
03-16-2014, 08:37 AM
I saw this the other day. I love Orange Caramel, and the fact that the Octopus is actually a boy is hilarious. So many great Korean popculture cameos.

Lizzy (girl that has the blondish hair) Actually said the song is about people who are Very immature and choosy, but people still want to become close to them. Sort of like the 'mean girls' highschool thing where people are really bitchy and awful but everyone still wants to be their best friend.

ShyMer
03-16-2014, 11:07 AM
I loved the costumes in the video, though I wished they made the flukes more obvious in the first shot with the mermaids. The props were fun too :)

Sent from my Huawei-H867G using Tapatalk

MermaidKatrina
04-02-2014, 07:03 PM
That video was really weird, yet somehow adorable!