PDA

View Full Version : October 18th and 25th: Splash will be showing in Austin TX!

malinghi
10-15-2011, 03:08 PM
If you want to see Splash on the big screen, everyone's favorite texan bar/movie theatre, Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, will be showing it this Tuesday at 7 pm, and again next Tuesday! It's part of their regular feature "Girlie Night", and some proceeds go to breast cancer research.

Info from Austin Drafthouse Cinema (click for more info): (http://drafthouse.com/movies/girlie_night_splash/austin)
Sure, everyone loves Ariel, with her big red hair and tiny purple shell bra. But in my mind, no Disney underwater vixen can compete with Daryl Hannah in SPLASH. From the moment I laid my seven-year-old eyes on her crimped blonde hair and cool red tail, I knew I wanted to grow up and be a mermaid. It's easy to see why an adorably young Tom Hanks falls in love with her! I mean, not only does Madison have major life-saving skills, she also learned English from watching TV, eats lobsters whole and has a totally healthy body image. Basically, she's awesome, and to this day, I'm sad I never found a college where I could major in How to Be a Mermaid. Complementing Daryl Hannah and Tom Hank's totally charming performances is the legendary John Candy, whose wardrobe alone should have been nominated for an Academy Award. (It wasn't, but the screenplay was!) I guarantee that we'll pack six fun-filled days worth of magic into this month's Girlie Night, so join us as we screech along with Madison, boo Dr. Kornbluth and squee ourselves silly under the sea. Anyone have a crimper I can borrow? Join the Austin Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the CureŽ at Girlie Night with Splash on October 18th. The Komen Foundation Austin Affiliate helps to save lives by raising funds that work to improve the lives of all of those affected by breast cancer in our Central Texas counties. Come dressed in your pinkest best for the "Pretty in Pink" contest to win a fabulous grand prize for you and three friends! www.komenaustin.org (http://www.komenaustin.org/) for more information.

malinghi
10-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Topping this thread... again.