PDA

View Full Version : Who Does Custom Painted Neoprene Tails?

Starfrit
03-15-2014, 10:32 PM
Okay, so I'm really, really starting to itch over getting funds together to order a custom neoprene tail-- my first tail, eee!-- but right now... I'm not having any luck finding makers who take orders for them! :( I've checked here on the forum, I've been googling for weeks, and the most I've found were dead links, long-dead DeviantArt accounts, silicone-on-neoprene tails (trying to avoid silicone on my first tail) or just printed spandex tails, which... aren't really what I'm interested in.

Basically, I'm looking for one of two possible options: A plain royal-blue, unprinted base with a dorsal and pectoral fins, or a fully-painted body with the same fins. Details on the base are here (http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?7449-Looking-for-(ballpark)-quotes-on-a-custom-neoprene-tail!) and the final design is here (http://mernetwork.com/index/attachment.php?attachmentid=19215&d=1394423411), if that helps.

I know Morticia does custom painted neoprene tails-- and gorgeous ones at that!-- but seeing as she's taking a break for a while I figured I'd take the opportunity to browse around for other makers and see exactly what my options are before I commit to throwing money at someone. Though from what I've found... There really aren't many options, especially not for paint jobs as complex as my design! :/ I've gone through Google, and through the makers list here on the site, but there aren't really a whole lot in terms of just straight-up neoprene tails, it's all either spandex or silicone. The only other neoprene tail maker I've found besides Morticia has been AquaTails, and they're not really what I'm looking for. I've considered just buying the materials to do it myself, but unfortunately I'm not lucky enough to have the space, equipment or skill to tackle such a huge project.

Can anybody help me find any makers who'd be able to do this? It would be super appreciated!

Mermaid Jaffa
03-18-2014, 09:50 PM
Any luck in finding someone yet?

Starfrit
03-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Not really! My searches never turned up anything else. I've been talking to Morticia and I'm definitely going to go with ordering my tail from her.

Miyu
03-18-2014, 11:21 PM
*happy little clap* Yaaaay I get to see another of Morticia's tails woooohooooo

I can't wait to see what you two come up with! :3 What's your time frame looking like?

I love Morticia's Neoprene tails so much LOL...

Mermaid Jaffa
03-18-2014, 11:31 PM
Post pics when you do. Love to see it too!

Morticia Mermaid
03-18-2014, 11:46 PM
:) I'm excited to do it. Will be my second tail with extra fins (the first is my new personal one I am currently working on making out of scraps from previous orders :headwall: Yay franken tail!). Yours will be a pretty decent test to my skills. I can't wait to get started on it ^_^