PDA

View Full Version : I'm coming for a visit!

Mermaid Dottie
03-17-2014, 09:04 AM
Hey you mers! My husband, baby and I are planning a road trip up that way the last week in June to visit family. I was wondering if anyone wants to get together while I'm up that way? I would really love to meet some of you! We're planning on staying in southwest WA part of the time, and hitting Seattle for part of it.
So, anyone up for a swim?

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

Mermaid Dottie
03-18-2014, 11:38 PM
Just bumping this because I need to start planning my trip soon, and I need to know what days to spend in Seattle, and what days to spend near Astoria.

Triton-Mahtlinnie
03-19-2014, 01:29 AM
Well, late June might be warm enough to swim outside (no way of knowing what the weather will be like until a few days before, June can be funky around here), but there are a couple pools in the area as well. I don't have a work scheduale yet, but I can pretty easily take a day off work and am free pretty much anytime.

Winged Mermaid
03-19-2014, 03:25 AM
I want to say yes, but if you have it on Wednesday though Sunday of that week, chances are I won't be here. I haven't heard officially yet, but I'm betting on being at a huge gig, and I need traveling days on either side of it. :( I really wanted to see you Dottie! I hope other mers can make it out to meet you so you can have lots of fun! Feel free to post (with a link to this thread) on the North Pacific Pod FB group, it usually gets more attention that way!

Mermaid Dottie
03-19-2014, 08:22 PM
I have requested to join that group you mentioned, Iona, but I feel a little funny doing so, since I live in Utah. (I did live in Washington for a while, though, so maybe I still count?)
In the meantime, hubby and I decided last night that it would be an adventure to drive up to Seattle first, then down to my relatives in the Columbia. ^_^ We'll start out after he gets off work on Friday, the 20th, and spend that day and the next driving up to Seattle. Maybe part of Sunday. That leaves the rest of Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday for play! We'll then drive down to my Grandma's on Wednesday, and spend the rest of our week thereabouts, leaving on Saturday.

Winged Mermaid
03-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Yaaaaay that means I can see you :D

Mermaid Dottie
03-19-2014, 09:03 PM
Woohoo! :group hug:
I am SO excited for this trip! First roadtrip where I'll be driving half the time, first trip with the baby, first real vacation with the hubby, AND mermaid friends will be met up with! I'm so EXCITED! (Can you tell how badly I need this vacation?)

Mermaid Dottie
04-03-2014, 02:35 PM
So, Another bump. Just wondering if anybody else is interested in hanging out with me in Seattle, or down by Astoria that week. And, also for Seattle Mer-peeps; Beach, or pool? or other? Astorian's: Same question?

Winged Mermaid
06-21-2014, 06:35 PM
Bumping this because we're working out details- it's determined it will be this Tuesday, not sure on the location or time yet. See this thread on FB for details: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10204053184113203&set=gm.684717134935545&type=1&theater

Mermaid Dottie
06-22-2014, 04:47 PM
So, Mount Baker Beach at Ummmmmm 4pm ish?

I also haven't heard from any southern Washingtonians/ northern Oregonians. Anybody want to play with me along the Columbia, or near Astoria?

Mermaid Dottie
06-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Seattle is really pretty, but the roads are really scaring me... But I'm really excited for today! SO EXCITED!

Meilyn
06-24-2014, 04:24 PM
If you're up for an "it's okay to get lost" adventure, take the back roads :)

Mermaid Dottie
06-24-2014, 04:27 PM
Lol, that could be fun.

Mermaid Dottie
07-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Its taken me forever to get back to this thread, but I had so much fun! Meeting Cyanea, Iona, and Ed was just fantastic, and I had a total blast! Thanks, you mers!