PDA

View Full Version : Pools in DFW that allow tails?

Trade Winds
03-18-2014, 01:38 PM
My tail has been shipped! Anyone know of indoor pools in the Ft Worth, Arlington, or HEB area that allow tails (I plan to ask even if you say they do, just in case)? I plan to only swim in pools til the summer, then I'll be off to the lakes where I don't have to worry about people saying I can't wear a tail. :thumbdown:

Trade Winds
04-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Wellllllllll, since apparently no one in the area has an answer or saw this...I went to the Hugh Smith pool in Arlington. They let me swim with the monofin. I explained it was part of a mermaid tail (didn't have the tail with me). The lifeguard was really interested in the monofin and wanted one of his own. Next time I hope they'll be ok if I wear the tail. :D

LauraLWatson
05-15-2014, 02:31 PM
Most pools are okay with the mermaid tail, but I know specifically the YMCA's do not allow and Lockhead Martin Rec. Area on Bryant Irvin has a no fins rule (but if you ask REALLY nicely on a NOT busy day, they sometimes will allow a mermaid to swim.) I often swim in my apartment complex's pool and at various lakes. (I'm in Arlington.)

Mary Marine
05-17-2014, 10:41 AM
I've swam in my merfin at two different indoor pools in Irving, the Heritage Senior Center and North Lake College, both of which have public swimming during certain hours. The Heritage pool is pretty shallow, no deeper than 5 ft and about 60 ft long, but the lifeguards are very mermaid friendly. I haven't worn a tail there, but I'm 99% certain they would allow it. The North Lake pool is much bigger and deeper, 50 meters long and 10 ft deep I think? Again I haven't worn a tail there, just a monofin, so you might want to ask.

AmbrGlows
07-02-2014, 08:00 PM
Attention North DFW Merfolk!! I just received an email from Heidi at Hawaiian Falls in The Colony and the management team there allows Mermaid fins. Hawaiian Falls has several other locations across the DFW area so I will try contacting them all.

If you'd like to see the email send me a private message and I'll happily forward it to you.