PDA

View Full Version : Mingara Mermaids

Mermaid Jaffa
03-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Hi!

Looking for swim buddies.

I swim at Mingara One Aquatic Pool every Sunday at around 3.40 pm - 5 pm.

They have said yes to tails, just be aware of the attention you'll get. I get attention just by bringing my fin in, imagine if someone actually brought along the full set! Mermaid tail with matching bra, fish net shirts, hair clips etc. :lol:

Fee is $5.00 per adult, $3.80 for kids and pensioners. They have a 50 m Olympic sized pool, a leisure pool, some shallow pits for babies, hydrotherapy bath and whirlpool. The leisure pool is heated, the Olympic pool isn't. The two big pools have a depth of 1.2 m.

So if you're in the area or want to make a leisurely drive, I'm usually in one of the lanes. Can't miss me. Tall, gangly woman with big yellow fin flopping about at the surface, unable to sink!:$

There is also the Entrance Ocean Baths, its free.

This one has 50 m Olympic sized pool with 1.2 m depth, 25 m kids pool with waist deep water, a babies wading area that goes from ankle depth to knee high depth. With Easter holidays coming up, we can meet there instead, there are lots of caravan parks around, if you are staying there during the kids break.

There are also the local YMCA pools, they too, have said yes to tails and monofins. But since I haven't been to any of them, I don't know about the water quality, chlorine smell etc.

Tasha Mermaid
10-23-2014, 04:22 AM
Oooo im in sydney but would love to organise a trip up for a swim ��
Im always happy for a swim down at my local pool if you are ever down penrith way too, its indoors and heated ☺

plus, im also having a hard time sinking lol ��

Mermaid Jaffa
10-24-2014, 07:41 AM
Cool!

Admins can now remove this thread? I've moved to Sydney and no longer need it.
Thnx!