PDA

View Full Version : The MerNation Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Mermaid Neri Elvina
12-26-2014, 02:31 PM
Looks beautiful! Gorgeous colours! I'm so excited for you do you know the completion time? I'm just waiting for mine to be sent after Xmas!
Martha how much did yours cost? I'm in Southampton UK and I want a tail from Mernation but unsure about pricing.

Sent from my Tablet using Tapatalk

SeaVixen
12-26-2014, 03:05 PM
Looks beautiful! Gorgeous colours! I'm so excited for you do you know the completion time? I'm just waiting for mine to be sent after Xmas!
I'm not sure. They just got a jump start before Christmas so the wait time isn't so bad. I bet yours is beautiful!

Mermaid Martha
12-26-2014, 03:07 PM
Check their etsy for the details :) just type in mernation and I chose the single colour tail however I was given an upgrade option which I took, so the price was higher. I would rather not say exactly but it was less then any other silicone tail maker. They are very lovely though and will answer any questions you have. Hope that helps

Mermaid Neri Elvina
12-26-2014, 03:54 PM
Check their etsy for the details :) just type in mernation and I chose the single colour tail however I was given an upgrade option which I took, so the price was higher. I would rather not say exactly but it was less then any other silicone tail maker. They are very lovely though and will answer any questions you have. Hope that helps
Thanks Martha, would you mind telling me how much the customs charge is when you get to that part? I need to know so I can work out exactly how much it will cost me.

MermaidCelesteFL
12-26-2014, 04:11 PM
SeaVixen, how long did it take for them to start working on your tail after you paid?

SeaVixen
12-26-2014, 06:31 PM
I got the $2500 one and have been talking to them since March lol. Started designing then and have been working with them quite a bit during that time. They are awesome people and have become dear friends

SeaVixen
12-26-2014, 06:39 PM
SeaVixen, how long did it take for them to start working on your tail after you paid?
Haha they began before they could even cash the check!! I sent it December 16th and they received it December 18th but I dated the check December 23rd just in case it got lost and they began work December 21st. The day they received it they were still working on the green freshwater tail they recently posted updates about. They wanted to get a jump start on it before Christmas. They are very fast on getting started that's for sure!

SeaVixen
12-27-2014, 11:23 PM
I got a text today from Erin telling me they have officially started on my tail and sent some more updates including a few short video clips to show floppiness of dorsal and pec fins. They sent me a pic of a sketch of the heel/ankle fins to see what I think and showed me my pec fins. They are making my heel/ankle fins similar to my pec fins so they somewhat match. They have done very well about creating exactly what I asked for down to the texture, shape, and size! They did create another style of heel/ankle fins first but axed them when I sent them a different request because they thought the new idea I sent them would look better with my dorsal. Since this is their first time doing heel/ankle fins I had 3 different types/styles in mind just in case one or two didn't work out right and we went with the 2nd style I had in mind because they're prettier with my dorsal. Posted update on my Facebook page. I'm totally thrilled with everything thus far and have absolutely no complaints! They work very hard and clearly demonstrate that your happiness and satisfaction is their highest priority! They've made a few changes to my paint design on my pec fins and heel/ankle fins to enhance it and I love their ideas so much better than mine actually. So much more talented! They definitely work with you very closely to ensure it looks exactly the way you envision it. They are definitely bringing my dream to life. They are very fast about responding as well!

Anahita
12-29-2014, 08:28 PM
I didn't notice this before, but the tail design you posted has "words" on it in Arabic and Farsi. (it's the dots, if there were no dots it wouldn't have any words at all).

MermaidCelesteFL
12-29-2014, 08:40 PM
OMG, you're right. And here I was, thinking I had forgotten everything I had learned from Arabic. I guess that comes to smack me in the face later on. I'm posting the other design on this post, but I'm not sure if they are willing to do the proper lettering for it. They said they are willing to make a "tribal-like" design stencil, but it's going to cost extra. At least I am able to understand the second design....

Either way, I'm saving up for this, finned bracers, possibly a top? I dunno... I'm thinking of tweaking the fluke shape to something a little more badass...

Chrissy
12-30-2014, 10:04 AM
Love the colors and design on that tail!! I am about to get with them after the start of the new year and we are working on a new fluke shape that will be super pretty!!!

Mermaid Neri Elvina
12-30-2014, 10:37 AM
Love the colors and design on that tail!! I am about to get with them after the start of the new year and we are working on a new fluke shape that will be super pretty!!!
A new fluke shape!! Ooh I'm excited!

Mermaid Martha
01-02-2015, 05:13 PM
Ooooo a new fluke shape? That sounds exciting! Are you getting a new tail? Sorry lots of questions :)

SeaVixen
01-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Posted my latest updates on my Facebook and instagram! It's looking amazing guys!!!!!!

SeaVixen
01-03-2015, 10:40 PM
It's all done and has been shipped today. I should have it by Monday eeeeeppppp! It is breathtakingly gorgeous! They also sprayed a clear coat of silicone on it to seal the paint job. They really did an amazing job on it. Its a dream

SeaVixen
01-03-2015, 10:42 PM
Ooooo a new fluke shape? That sounds exciting! Are you getting a new tail? Sorry lots of questions :)
Yeah she's ordering another design from mernation she said with spots and heel fins and different colors along with a new fluke shape. It'll be interesting to see what design she has in mind but mernation is definitely the way to go!

Vrindavana Starfish
01-03-2015, 10:50 PM
Very beautiful SeaVixen!

I heard back right away about the silicone light tail. The fabric is a thick spandex, not neoprene, which I was happy about. The mono fin is similar to a finis wave or rapid. It's made of Lexan and can rollup on itself to fit into a bag, but doesn't lose its shape.
Pricing:
"The body of the tail is able to be fully customized, just like our other silicone tails. This is why we are pretty sure we will be charging the same as other tails, $2500. The fluke actually takes more time and materials to make than a regular silicone fluke, so the cost and time for us is the same. With that in mind, custom colors/gradients are included in the price. Additional sets of fins are $100 and a dorsal is $250."

There was more, but it pertains to my specific tail design, so I thought I'd share what I found out that others might find useful. The tail is still in prototype stage.

SeaVixen
01-05-2015, 11:37 PM
Very beautiful SeaVixen!

I heard back right away about the silicone light tail. The fabric is a thick spandex, not neoprene, which I was happy about. The mono fin is similar to a finis wave or rapid. It's made of Lexan and can rollup on itself to fit into a bag, but doesn't lose its shape.
Pricing:
"The body of the tail is able to be fully customized, just like our other silicone tails. This is why we are pretty sure we will be charging the same as other tails, $2500. The fluke actually takes more time and materials to make than a regular silicone fluke, so the cost and time for us is the same. With that in mind, custom colors/gradients are included in the price. Additional sets of fins are $100 and a dorsal is $250."

There was more, but it pertains to my specific tail design, so I thought I'd share what I found out that others might find useful. The tail is still in prototype stage.
I would just go for the full silicone $2500 if it were me. That's actually what I did lol. I can't wait for it to get here. It was supposed to come today but it didn't so now I'm anxious. I don't know where it is :S the tracking number is invalid. I had a dentist appointment today and came home immediately and beat the mail lady to my house and waited but she was empty handed :( :(

SeaVixen
01-06-2015, 11:52 PM
For those who don't know yet.......MY TAIL CAME TODAY!!!!! EEEEPPPPP!!!!!

Mer-Crazy
01-07-2015, 12:21 AM
Unboxing video?!

SeaVixen
01-07-2015, 12:22 AM
Unboxing video?!
Yeah but editing is very necessary and slow upload speed so I'll have to go to Starbucks or something. I'm working on it.

Gingersnaps
01-07-2015, 01:45 AM
For those who don't know yet.......MY TAIL CAME TODAY!!!!! EEEEPPPPP!!!!!

YAY!! OHH Is it the one they posted on facebook? Congrats!

SeaVixen
01-07-2015, 01:57 AM
YAY!! OHH Is it the one they posted on facebook? Congrats!
No the one they posted recently on Facebook was done a few weeks before mine I do believe. They haven't posted my tail pictures on Facebook yet but I'm sure they will once they get to it. They have posted a few on instagram however. I have a Facebook page and instagram as well where I posted the update photos I got and I also posted a few photos of me in the tail. I'm working on the unboxing video right now. Computer is slow at uploading videos into the editor because they are HD video clips. Then once I'm done editing and they video is ready I'll have to go to a coffee shop or something to upload it because my Internet won't let me upload to youtube because of how slow it is sadly. It'll be a little while before it's up. I'm working on it though

Mermaid Saoirse
01-07-2015, 12:16 PM
Congrats on getting your tail!! I'll be eagerly awaiting the unboxing video! The dorsal fin and heel fins no doubt look amazing in person <3

As for development on my future tail- I began dialogue with Mernation via e-mail on Monday. I've been able to confirm how much my tail will cost + shipping as well as a little surprise- I am in fact going to be purchasing a scale top from them! For all my fellow freshwater mers you will probably love to hear that they will be doing custom lily pad sculpt details! No doubt they'll have them available for any customer once they've finished my top. I think this might be the first silicone freshwater option by a tailmaking company? I'm unsure.

Here's a small concept of what I'm looking at- including my tail color scheme!

Yulia
01-07-2015, 12:48 PM
Ooooh, cute! The black and green looks good together.

Chrissy
01-07-2015, 06:37 PM
love the fresh water design!!!

Seraphina Suds
01-07-2015, 06:39 PM
Has anyone ordered one of the $1200 silicone tails? I'm curious about how well they hold up. I was considering getting one and adding paint details myself

SeaVixen
01-07-2015, 06:45 PM
Congrats on getting your tail!! I'll be eagerly awaiting the unboxing video! The dorsal fin and heel fins no doubt look amazing in person <3

As for development on my future tail- I began dialogue with Mernation via e-mail on Monday. I've been able to confirm how much my tail will cost + shipping as well as a little surprise- I am in fact going to be purchasing a scale top from them! For all my fellow freshwater mers you will probably love to hear that they will be doing custom lily pad sculpt details! No doubt they'll have them available for any customer once they've finished my top. I think this might be the first silicone freshwater option by a tailmaking company? I'm unsure.

That design looks great! The video is still saving. It's at 72% after 2 hours of waiting lol. Super slow. I cut quite a bit of rambling out and left all the things I believe everyone is interested in seeing. I did close ups and showed all the details including the seam and inside and the drain holes and various other things. I talked about some things and then the actual unboxing itself of course. I was able to cut out 10 minutes of unnecessary rambling lol. This is my first video and definitely the first video being edited so I did my best lol. Hopefully it'll be enjoyable for you guys

Mer-Crazy
01-07-2015, 08:40 PM

Merbellas did a lilly pad top last year when she made her Koi tail :)

SeaVixen
01-07-2015, 08:41 PM
I thought I would insert some of the different designs I did while designing my tail. Just want to see what you guys thought of the others.

Sherielle
01-07-2015, 09:45 PM
No lie, I love the tiger one.

Mermaid Saoirse
01-07-2015, 10:02 PM
Merbellas did a lilly pad top last year when she made her Koi tail :)

Ah! Thank you! I was unsure which was why I didn't want to outright declare anything. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks to everyone who commented about my design! It took me a while to decide on that look, but I definitely knew I wanted freckles on the top.

SeaVixen all of your designs look really cool! The gold/black/red looks really gorgeous <3

Gingersnaps
01-07-2015, 10:30 PM
Ah! Thank you! I was unsure which was why I didn't want to outright declare anything. It's absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks to everyone who commented about my design! It took me a while to decide on that look, but I definitely knew I wanted freckles on the top.

SeaVixen all of your designs look really cool! The gold/black/red looks really gorgeous <3

I would love a top like that! haha I to dont like swimming in the ocean either, I'm actually freaked out by large fish and things. SO I'll just be a river or a pond mermaid who befriends the ducklings and salamanders~

Mermaid Martha
01-08-2015, 10:09 AM
I have ordered a $1200 tail and it should arrive soon so I can let you know how well it holds up!
Those designs are lovely Seavixen! I really like the top two!

AmbrGlows
01-08-2015, 10:58 AM
I have ordered a $1200 tail and it should arrive soon so I can let you know how well it holds up!
Those designs are lovely Seavixen! I really like the top two!
What color did you pick?

Vrindavana Starfish
01-08-2015, 12:58 PM
I would just go for the full silicone $2500 if it were me. That's actually what I did lol. I can't wait for it to get here. It was supposed to come today but it didn't so now I'm anxious. I don't know where it is :S the tracking number is invalid. I had a dentist appointment today and came home immediately and beat the mail lady to my house and waited but she was empty handed :( :(

Yeah, a major appeal of the silicone light tail (aside from being great for travel) was that I hoped it would be much less expensive. I think I'll probably put more effort into creating a really incredible fabric tail, and save the silicone one for when I'm living near the ocean again and can put it to much more use.

Mermaid Martha
01-09-2015, 05:39 AM
I went for gold however MerNation offered to add extra colour for extra and I chose to do that. This will be my first silicone tail so I wanted it to be lighter and thinner to start off then maybe progress to the $2500. The price was a factor was well as its cheaper it is perfect for me now. But I will post on here as soon as it arrives so I can let you know what it's like!

Talia
01-09-2015, 04:50 PM
I did a review for the Mernation top that I got. Here it is (http://kaleidoskopicromance.blogspot.com.es/2015/01/mernation-scale-silicone-top-review.html).

Mermaid Martha
01-09-2015, 05:06 PM
I did a review for the Mernation top that I got. Here it is (http://kaleidoskopicromance.blogspot.com.es/2015/01/mernation-scale-silicone-top-review.html).
That's great! Thank you for sharing. It looks perfect. Pretty colour too!

Seraphina Suds
01-09-2015, 06:39 PM
I went for gold however MerNation offered to add extra colour for extra and I chose to do that. This will be my first silicone tail so I wanted it to be lighter and thinner to start off then maybe progress to the $2500. The price was a factor was well as its cheaper it is perfect for me now. But I will post on here as soon as it arrives so I can let you know what it's like!
How much extra color and at what price, if you don't mind my asking? I was thinking about doing the same thing. Even just a different solid color on the fluke or a lighter shade.

Mermaid Dottie
01-09-2015, 07:02 PM

That is SO super cute! That will be a lot of fun to see finished! YAY!

SeaVixen
01-09-2015, 07:27 PM
Here's my unboxing video!

http://youtu.be/LANiG6IIjQk

Mermaid Martha
01-10-2015, 03:32 AM
How much extra color and at what price, if you don't mind my asking? I was thinking about doing the same thing. Even just a different solid color on the fluke or a lighter shade.
I didn't pay that much extra. I only had one extra colour but they give you the option of having different fluke and fun colours to the main body of the tail at no extra cost. I would rather not say exactly as I don't know if this is something MerNation will offer to everyone but you could always drop them an email? The extra colour is plum so it's gold with plum down the sides of the tail, on the fluke and on the pec fins. But I'd definitely drop them an email! They are so friendly you'll hear back from them very quickly. Hope that helps!

Mermaid Kelda
01-10-2015, 06:35 AM

Suck about the post, SeaVixen :\ my postal service really mucked me around too but at least they didn't drop the tail! I know that Raina had to patch her fins up all the time with a little silicone so hopefully it's an easy fix for you.

Your tail is gorgeous though - when do we get to see photos of it on? :)

AmbrGlows
01-10-2015, 08:29 AM
I didn't pay that much extra. I only had one extra colour but they give you the option of having different fluke and fun colours to the main body of the tail at no extra cost. I would rather not say exactly as I don't know if this is something MerNation will offer to everyone but you could always drop them an email? The extra colour is plum so it's gold with plum down the sides of the tail, on the fluke and on the pec fins. But I'd definitely drop them an email! They are so friendly you'll hear back from them very quickly. Hope that helps!
OMG! Is yours that lovely Gold & Plum tail they've posted pics of? Is so it's gorgeous. The combination looks more like maroon & gold to me but then that's my hometown alma maters colors.

Chrissy
01-10-2015, 09:46 AM
I am so happy everyone is happy with them!!! This team is great to work with and each tail that comes out looks better then the last. They are really improving and having a blast experimenting. I love watching easy new idea that comes out!! This makes me all the more excited for my new design!!

Mermaid Martha
01-10-2015, 10:27 AM
OMG! Is yours that lovely Gold & Plum tail they've posted pics of? Is so it's gorgeous. The combination looks more like maroon & gold to me but then that's my hometown alma maters colors.
Aww thank you so much! I'm extremely happy with it. I can't wait to just have it now. It's waiting in customs so I might see if I can get it sooner rather than later! What colour ideas did you have?
Mernation really are an excellent company and such lovely people. This whole experience has been wonderful!

Seraphina Suds
01-10-2015, 11:11 AM
Thank you, that helps a lot! I'll probably email them later today!

SeaVixen
01-10-2015, 11:14 AM
Suck about the post, SeaVixen :\ my postal service really mucked me around too but at least they didn't drop the tail! I know that Raina had to patch her fins up all the time with a little silicone so hopefully it's an easy fix for you.

Your tail is gorgeous though - when do we get to see photos of it on? :)
I've noticed all the mail in my area aside from FedEx sucks. It's not Mernations fault. Since the silicone was a harder silicone and they made the fin thicker, that prevented it from being worse than it was. Mike said I could even stitch it (without stitches being seen) for extra support along with using silicone and they'll walk me through the process because now that will be a weak spot. I posted a couple pics in the tail on my Facebook page and instagram.

Princess Pearl
01-10-2015, 12:31 PM
SeaVixen, your tail is so gorgeous! I can't wait for summer so you can tell us about swimming with the gap wrap! Did you have to ask for the top to be so long? Or is that just their design?

Oh my god I want a Mernation tail so baaaaaaaaad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mermaid Saoirse
01-10-2015, 12:36 PM

I'm so sorry that the postal service did that to your tail! That's absolutely terrible service and you should definitely pursue for compensation for damages!

Otherwise, beautiful tail and that was extremely sweet of Mernation to help you out with the gap wrap! :) I've been talking to Lauren through e-mail and She's extremely sweet. Usually business-like conversations make me extremely nervous but I feel safe in this company's hands. Hopefully they have some good tips to help get that dorsal fixed up. I seem to remember seeing their drainage holes in a different place before, but the new change looks really well concealed!

SeaVixen
01-10-2015, 12:58 PM
SeaVixen, your tail is so gorgeous! I can't wait for summer so you can tell us about swimming with the gap wrap! Did you have to ask for the top to be so long? Or is that just their design?

Oh my god I want a Mernation tail so baaaaaaaaad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes I asked for the top to be longer so it was modest since I do events at churches sometimes and I have floating ribs that protrude somewhat and I wanted to cover that too. They'll make a top however you want it. The gap wrap was a free gift to me because if I lose more weight in the future once I start going to the gym I was afraid of gapping. They were so generous to throw that in since I mentioned I was planning to get it later possibly if I needed it. I don't think I'll have gapping right now so I won't be using that for now. It's a snug fit so I doubt I'd be able to even get the gap wrap tucked into the tail lol.

SeaVixen
01-10-2015, 01:06 PM
I'm so sorry that the postal service did that to your tail! That's absolutely terrible service and you should definitely pursue for compensation for damages!

Otherwise, beautiful tail and that was extremely sweet of Mernation to help you out with the gap wrap! :) I've been talking to Lauren through e-mail and She's extremely sweet. Usually business-like conversations make me extremely nervous but I feel safe in this company's hands. Hopefully they have some good tips to help get that dorsal fixed up. I seem to remember seeing their drainage holes in a different place before, but the new change looks really well concealed!
Mernation is going after USPS about the issue and hopefully something can be done. It was insured so hopefully that covers damage. I took pictures and sent them to Erin so they can pursue a claim with USPS. I wish USPS would pay me $250 since that's how much the dorsal is and that's what they damaged. People just don't seem to care anymore these days and it's like there's nothing you can do about it. There's no consequences and that's why these things happen. I spoke to Lauren quite a bit during the months before I ordered but she wasn't present during the production of the tail. She was out of town but Mike and Erin were splendid too! I look forward to meeting all three of them. Mike sent me a message after seeing the video and said they'll be sending silicone and instructions to stitch up the dorsal and walk me through what to do so it can be fixed. MerNation did an amazing job overall on my tail and it looks gorgeous in person! I'm guarding it like gold until the dorsal is fixed right now lol.

Mermaid Martha
01-10-2015, 02:22 PM
Thank you, that helps a lot! I'll probably email them later today!
You're welcome! Mernation are awesome :)

AmbrGlows
01-10-2015, 08:13 PM
Aww thank you so much! I'm extremely happy with it. I can't wait to just have it now. It's waiting in customs so I might see if I can get it sooner rather than later! What colour ideas did you have?
Mernation really are an excellent company and such lovely people. This whole experience has been wonderful!
Not quite sure yet. Either white with a touch or yellow and pink. Or Aquamarine with yellow and pink.

Mermaid Martha
01-11-2015, 08:44 AM
Not quite sure yet. Either white with a touch or yellow and pink. Or Aquamarine with yellow and pink.
That sounds lovely! Almost like pastel sorbet colours!

AmbrGlows
01-13-2015, 11:39 AM
What is the best way to send your duct tape tummy to MerNation? How high up should you tape and measure?

East coast mermaid
01-13-2015, 11:45 AM
@amber glow I taped up all the way to my waist and make it strong enough to stand up on its own once you cut it off you, so that took me like three layers of tape. Then just fold it up as much as you can and ship it off! Ps good luck with your tail!

SeaVixen
01-13-2015, 04:00 PM
What is the best way to send your duct tape tummy to MerNation? How high up should you tape and measure?
I used a 19 x 13 x 13 box to put my duct tape dummy in. It weighed 5 pounds and I shipped using UPS ground commercial. It cost $15. I did 2 layers of duct tape before I cut it off. I used heavy duty tape so it was a little thicker. I stopped the top of the dummy where I wanted the waist of the tail to start which is slightly below the belly button. Make sure the tape is snug too. I had to cut the dummy all the way down the back to get out because it was so snug.

Mer-Crazy
01-13-2015, 08:43 PM
And the tail fits fine Sea Vixen? I'm sending off mine soon (making it today) and I'm really worried because the tape is so elastic when I cut it off it will be smaller than when it was on my body because of the sketchiness of the tape and that will make the tail too tight. But I know a lot of people have used the dummy method before and no one seems to complain about the tail being too tight. But it was just something I wondered about.

SeaVixen
01-13-2015, 08:57 PM
And the tail fits fine Sea Vixen? I'm sending off mine soon (making it today) and I'm really worried because the tape is so elastic when I cut it off it will be smaller than when it was on my body because of the sketchiness of the tape and that will make the tail too tight. But I know a lot of people have used the dummy method before and no one seems to complain about the tail being too tight. But it was just something I wondered about.
No it fits just the same as the dummy but more comfortable actually. The tape didn't change when I took it off. I made sure to tape it back together exactly. I also measured before taking it off and remeasured once it was off just to make sure they didn't change. When I had the dummy on I couldn't move at all and my feet went numb until I got it off. The tail doesn't do that. The tail is snug but the somewhat stretchiness of the silicone lets me have feeling in my feet and legs just fine. There's not a whole lot of stretchiness though just enough to make you comfortable and possible to get into it.

Mer-Crazy
01-13-2015, 09:04 PM
When I made my first one it 'shrunk' a little when I took it off if I tried to wrap it back around my body it was an inch or so shorter in most places. I'm a little more chubby than most people, so it leaves a little squish room when I make a dummy do you think I should re-do it or should it be fine?

SeaVixen
01-13-2015, 09:20 PM
When I made my first one it 'shrunk' a little when I took it off if I tried to wrap it back around my body it was an inch or so shorter in most places. I'm a little more chubby than most people, so it leaves a little squish room when I make a dummy do you think I should re-do it or should it be fine?
I would redo it just to be on the safe side. Have someone else do it for you and use heavy duty tape. Wrap 2 or 3 times and measure before cutting out. Then when taping it back together remeasure as you go to make sure it's the same. Measure every three inches from waist to ankles. I had 13 three inch marks on my dummy. I didn't use regular duct tape. I bought mine from home depot. Have you watched the videos on youtube on how to do the dummy? There's a few

Mer-Crazy
01-13-2015, 09:37 PM
Yeah I watched a video and showed the person I had help me so they knew what to do. We wrapped about twice, I'd say but measuring before I take it off sounds like a good idea. Also I just bought regular tape from the $2 store. If it doesn't work out well this time I'll get the more heavy duty stuff.

SeaVixen
01-13-2015, 09:41 PM
Yeah I watched a video and showed the person I had help me so they knew what to do. We wrapped about twice, I'd say but measuring before I take it off sounds like a good idea. Also I just bought regular tape from the $2 store. If it doesn't work out well this time I'll get the more heavy duty stuff.
That may be why it's not remaining the same size when you take it off. I can look at the tape I used and tell you exactly what kind I got which I know is effective.

Mer-Crazy
01-13-2015, 09:46 PM
Thank you so much <3

SeaVixen
01-13-2015, 10:18 PM
Thank you so much <3
It was nashua general purpose tape. I used 1 whole roll and part of another. Definitely need 2 rolls. It's 9 mil. The 10 and 11 mil seemed too thick and I was afraid it would add inches after layering it. I did 2 layers of this stuff and it was enough for them to work with.

Mermaid Saoirse
01-14-2015, 11:39 AM
I'm definitely going to keep that tape in mind when I make my duct tape dummy! Thanks for showing us SeaVixen!

In other news. I ordered a Mernation shirt not loo long ago because they still have some left! They were out of small and showed me a medium and surprisingly it fits me very well. As a good warning for anyone looking for a tank, you might want to go up one size from your normal because the sleeve holes are very small. If I was wearing a small tank it would probably cause me discomfort. It's loose but not too baggy. A good size to put on over my mermaid bras!

There was a surprise I was not expecting however- I found a scale heart in with my shirt! Has anyone else gotten a scale heart as a surprise from the team?
I've never seen a silicone tail in person before, so being able to touch and see it is certainly a good way to get a better understanding of the material before I order my tail.

SeaVixen
01-14-2015, 06:29 PM
I got a text today saying my silicone is on the way to repair my dorsal Yay! I was also informed that they filed a claim online and Mike was speaking with the post office as we spoke about the matter. Hopefully something can be done to fix the problem. I really hope I can fix the dorsal good as new. Everytime I think about it I worry myself to death over it.

MermaidCelesteFL
01-14-2015, 10:33 PM
I'm $400 away from making a down payment on my tail! That's one paycheck! (I'm gonna make it count!)

I let the Mernation team know that I'm almost there, and they said that they can meet with me in person to take my measurements where I live and work on my duct tape dummy as soon as I give them the check. I love these guys!!!!

SeaVixen
01-15-2015, 12:59 AM
I'm $400 away from making a down payment on my tail! That's one paycheck! (I'm gonna make it count!)

I let the Mernation team know that I'm almost there, and they said that they can meet with me in person to take my measurements where I live and work on my duct tape dummy as soon as I give them the check. I love these guys!!!!
You are so lucky to live near them. I wish I lived in Florida now lol

Gingersnaps
01-15-2015, 06:06 PM
Hey Guys I'm just curious would anyone recommend heel fins? I know they are there to hide the heel bump but are they worth it?

SeaVixen
01-15-2015, 06:09 PM
Hey Guys I'm just curious would anyone recommend heel fins? I know they are there to hide the heel bump but are they worth it?
I totally love mine and they are very effective in covering my heels. The dorsal wouldn't have done the job alone. They are $100

Chrissy
01-15-2015, 11:01 PM
My dorsal on mine is so long and flowy that it covered pretty well. But I am doing heel fins on my next tail!!!

AmbrGlows
01-15-2015, 11:39 PM
Question(s) for you MerNation tail owners.

What is the best method for getting into your tail. I've heard and read that you need some sort of lubricant to help the silicone slide on easier. Has anyone wore anything like spandex swim pants under their tail?

SeaVixen
01-16-2015, 01:20 AM
Question(s) for you MerNation tail owners.

What is the best method for getting into your tail. I've heard and read that you need some sort of lubricant to help the silicone slide on easier. Has anyone wore anything like spandex swim pants under their tail?
Erin of mernation told me to use watered down hair conditioner because that's what they use. I wear a bathing suit bottom. You definitely need the hair conditioner though. I tried getting it on dry and it wasn't happening because the silicone stuck to my skin and it hurt to slide dry skin into a dry tail. Also when you wear clothing the silicone sticks worse to clothes than skin and you can't lube up clothes either.

SeaVixen
01-16-2015, 01:22 AM
My dorsal on mine is so long and flowy that it covered pretty well. But I am doing heel fins on my next tail!!!
Oh I can't wait to see the next tail you come up with chrissy! Such lovely designs last time

Moongazer
01-18-2015, 09:07 PM
I'm sad these tails are so heavy. I was strongly thinking of ordering one, but I sold my mermaid creations one because it was too heavy. Mernation told me that they weigh roughly 32 pounds and that's around the same as the one I sold.

Seraphina Suds
01-18-2015, 09:13 PM
I'm sad these tails are so heavy. I was strongly thinking of ordering one, but I sold my mermaid creations one because it was too heavy. Mernation told me that they weigh roughly 32 pounds and that's around the same as the one I sold.
They have a lighter one for $1200, although that one is said to be heavy also. Perhaps not as much as their regular ones though.

Moongazer
01-18-2015, 09:16 PM
I asked about the 1200$ one. The weight they gave me for it was 32 pounds. I can only imagine hat the more expensive option is heavier.

SeaVixen
01-18-2015, 09:40 PM
I asked about the 1200$ one. The weight they gave me for it was 32 pounds. I can only imagine hat the more expensive option is heavier.
Mine is the $2500 one and it weighs 38 pounds. It feels like 50 personally but I'm weak too.

Chrissy
01-18-2015, 09:58 PM
I believe mine is a solid 33/35lbs. But I am a gym rat so I don't notice how heavy it is. I use a water based lube called astro glide to get in my tail and I wear a bathing suit bottom too.
As for my new tail I am putting it on hold for a bit, since Raven has mentioned an auctions for a tail, tops, and head pieces I am going to wait and see what she has. I would love to own a MerBella tail too so I am holding on for a bit!

Mermaid Silverlilly
01-22-2015, 08:27 AM
Such beautiful tails! Sigh a girl can only dream and hope she can save enough to one day have her dream tail! And I just wish for once one of them would answer my message as to how much my dream tail would cost but nope they never respond back sigh :( Only message them once! If just one of them would help me it would be very high marks as I am so grateful for those types of things when people do them.

Yes I know they are busy etc but so far from what I have noticed even though I haven't gotten a response on facebook Mernation are the only ones that have at least read my message. NO ONE else bothered. I know a lot of people could have responses to this and how busy they are etc I don't want to cause disagreements here I am just getting so frustrated as I need the help! Plus it will be very hard for me to save that amount of money since I don't have employment etc! Hence why I wanted an amount so I at least had a goal I could aim for in amongst everything else I have to pay!

Why can't someone just help me out?? I see the ones with there prices etc there and work out rough amounts but even ones that don't have prices I still don't get help as I just really want to have a pretty good idea of who I want to go with and how much I have to save and no matter how much I try and work it out even my general questions about certain things are ignored. Why bother trying to save for a tail when I have no idea how much I need particulary since it is confusing cause I need it in Australian Dollars not American but still no help. Why bother anymore guess my dream tail will just stay that since I don't know how much I need to save. Sigh

And I so wanted to be able to achieve it so I could do Mermaid Parties for kids in my regional area since no one else does that here!

I am not trying to be negative it is just disappointing as having this tail was part of my dreams and I find it so hard to save hence wanting amounts and I don't always do the best with different currency rates etc hence why I asked the tail makers! Oh well guess it may just stay a dream. Will have to see!

Mermaid April
01-22-2015, 09:24 AM
Mernation is an excellent choice they are dependable and are really great with communication on what you want you can find the prices on their site, as it varies depending on what you want!! their basic 1 color tail is $1200 I think and the full silicone with 2 or more colors start at $2500 but they are very thick and durable they will also make custom silicone top to match!!

Mermaid April
01-22-2015, 09:27 AM
Silicone tails are going to be heavy no matter who you go with, that is just part of it.

Mermaid Silverlilly
01-22-2015, 09:31 AM
Yes I realise that and am fine with that! I know they are heavy! I just want to find the best price as my tail is a very intricate and extensive design with custom fluke, special fins, stripes and spots, blended waist, extensive paint job etc and I also want to at least find someone I can trust and that will respond to my questions and help me! So far its seeming like no one for my dream tail right now! Except possibly Pearlie Mae but I don't think her scales will suit my design unfortunately we shall have to see. And I only just checked out Mernations stuff and loved it just like I do FinFolk and Merbellas but as with them no help. Sigh but I will have to see how my designs turn out at least thanks to Lotus Blossom I have a dream tail design.

I also want to find the right person for me to make my dream tail.

But I don't want to cause a disagreement here that was not why I posted this. I just want some help and it would be nice if those of us with general questions weren't ignored for the help we need. Yes I know they get a lot of mail from 11 year olds etc too and a lot of questions about already answered stuff on FAQ etc too but I would think its different asking when you are told to ask for price details etc forgot to mention I need it all in Australian dollars not American since it is so much more expensive here but yes. Also it really turns me off when people don't have good customer service or maybe they do but they ignore the general customers with actual questions that need help rather than just reading there FAQ.

Just saying. But I was just frustrated and needed to say how I felt.

Maybe I say something wrong like I still have to save etc maybe it is all my fault why I don't get the help but who knows and I don't blame any of them but I am also not going to sit here and blame myself for it all too and get down about it as that gets you no where and if no one will help me well then we shall just have to wait and see.

But once again I didn't post this for an argument or disagreement I just want help! But like always I bet that won't happen I have actually still get disappointed but knew that would be the case anyway just going to go and delete my whole question on Facebook now there is really no point trying to save for my dream tail when I don't get help to allow me to do it!

Thanks

East coast mermaid
01-22-2015, 10:24 AM
@mermaid silverLilly if you are really wanted your dream tail to come true, I would want to save more then expected! Be prepared for anything when it comes to ordering a tail! I personally went with Mernation and I had a set amount of money I was going to spend, but in the end I spent over that amount; so what I'm saying is save more then you think you would need! If you think your tail is going to cost you $4000 I would save 4500. there are so many lovely ladies and men in this community who would be happy to help you discuss your dream tail, it will all come in due time. Maybe you should post a picture of what you would want your tail to look like. It's always nice to see other mers ideas. Hope to see another Mer in the community soon with that dream tail of yours!

Mermaid Silverlilly
01-22-2015, 10:32 AM
Thanks I was honestly giving up hope and I was reluctant to share it as much as I wanted too because it is so unique I didn't want someone taking it from me! I just wanted to find the right person as I have no idea how much my tail will cost as it comes to different amounts with each maker! Mernation said theres start at 2500 but fins etc are extra hence the contact finfolk costs more for the extensive paint job etc all charge extra for fins and dorsal. I just wanted a rough idea I guess and each time I didn't get a response I got more disappointed about it all. Especially the fact that in Australian dollars it could come as much as a thousand more than what Americans would pay for it! No offence.

I might share my tail will see it is still a work in progress thanks to Lotus Blooming but I love it so far with the general idea she has. I just really don't want my idea stolen from me cause it could be years till I can afford my dream tail. And I adore like anything Mernation, FinFolk and Merbellas tails they are so beautiful and I want to get mine possibly from one of them or was considering PearlieMae and no offence but the thing there is I don't think her scales would suit my pattern but I love her work too and wouldn't mind a tail from her down the track too.

But thanks I just want to do my best to actually have my dream tail and this year I am going to MerQuest Australia with a fabric tail. Another year I would love to show up with my dream tail more than anything :)

THanks a ton I feel better now! And I will keep on dreaming and aiming for my tail. I think though mine could depending on who I go be 6000 australian dollar or more not sure hence why I was trying to contact tail makers about it.

Thanks

East coast mermaid
01-22-2015, 10:37 AM
Then save 7000 Australian dollars because the worst feeling would be so close to having that perfect tail and your only a couple hundred off! Lol almost happened to me, I blame the speeding ticket I got before my last tail payment lol. Any way I'm sure the tail will look gorgeous because if you spend that amount of money with any tail maker it's gonna look kick ass in all honesty they'll make sure;) good luck!

Mermaid Silverlilly
01-22-2015, 10:41 AM
Thanks for the advice it really helps :) And I don't know it will cost that much but at least if I have that much I am covered lol just might take awhile hehe :)AM hoping to get it together As soon as I can though and once I am having it made I will definitely share my design but it really is so unique and even though it is only on paper I already am in love with it and feel like it is part of me and we are meant to be!

However I really do love Mernations work and all I have heard and seen about them they are very high on my list of possibilities particularly with how fast I have heard and read that they churn out amazing tails! That fit really well!

Thanks again

Mermaid Silverlilly
01-22-2015, 11:05 AM
And OMG so excited just had a message from Mernation on facebook saying they would respond to all my messages ASAP like OMG I am so happy!

Sherielle
01-22-2015, 11:07 AM
Mernation is amazing about responding. They read posts here too, they just don't post much. I'm a HUGE mernation fan.

Mermaid Silverlilly
01-22-2015, 11:10 AM
Yes well the fact they responded makes a huge impact for me and says a lot about them! I am so happy right now first ones that are properly going to respond! Yay! They just moved up higher in my books!

SeaVixen
01-22-2015, 02:57 PM
Such beautiful tails! Sigh a girl can only dream and hope she can save enough to one day have her dream tail! And I just wish for once one of them would answer my message as to how much my dream tail would cost but nope they never respond back sigh :( Only message them once! If just one of them would help me it would be very high marks as I am so grateful for those types of things when people do them.

Yes I know they are busy etc but so far from what I have noticed even though I haven't gotten a response on facebook Mernation are the only ones that have at least read my message. NO ONE else bothered. I know a lot of people could have responses to this and how busy they are etc I don't want to cause disagreements here I am just getting so frustrated as I need the help! Plus it will be very hard for me to save that amount of money since I don't have employment etc! Hence why I wanted an amount so I at least had a goal I could aim for in amongst everything else I have to pay!

Why can't someone just help me out?? I see the ones with there prices etc there and work out rough amounts but even ones that don't have prices I still don't get help as I just really want to have a pretty good idea of who I want to go with and how much I have to save and no matter how much I try and work it out even my general questions about certain things are ignored. Why bother trying to save for a tail when I have no idea how much I need particulary since it is confusing cause I need it in Australian Dollars not American but still no help. Why bother anymore guess my dream tail will just stay that since I don't know how much I need to save. Sigh

And I so wanted to be able to achieve it so I could do Mermaid Parties for kids in my regional area since no one else does that here!

I am not trying to be negative it is just disappointing as having this tail was part of my dreams and I find it so hard to save hence wanting amounts and I don't always do the best with different currency rates etc hence why I asked the tail makers! Oh well guess it may just stay a dream. Will have to see!
When you message mernation they read it and usually several days later is when they respond to you. When I messaged on facebook it usually took 2 to 3 days sometimes 4 for a response after they read it which was usually within the hour after I sent it so they'll get back as soon as they know the answer. Sometimes they have to discuss it with Mike too. When they made my dream tail they used the pricing on their Facebook and didn't add anything. I chose the $2500 tail, dorsal $250, heel fins $100, pec fins $100, paint design $100 which came to the total of $3050 and I ordered a matching top which was $160 with $20 discount for sending bra to them which my whole total was $3210. They never gave me an amount when I asked for one. They just gave me the prices of everything and I could figure it up. My price matched the one on the invoice though so they don't change anything. Can you imagine how many emails and messages they get a day asking for exact pricing. They don't have the time to do all that math while trying to make tails and tops etc. so they put pricing out there for people to figure the price themselves. They have online converters you can use to convert currency.

SeaVixen
01-22-2015, 03:02 PM
Yes I realise that and am fine with that! I know they are heavy! I just want to find the best price as my tail is a very intricate and extensive design with custom fluke, special fins, stripes and spots, blended waist, extensive paint job etc and I also want to at least find someone I can trust and that will respond to my questions and help me! So far its seeming like no one for my dream tail right now! Except possibly Pearlie Mae but I don't think her scales will suit my design unfortunately we shall have to see. And I only just checked out Mernations stuff and loved it just like I do FinFolk and Merbellas but as with them no help. Sigh but I will have to see how my designs turn out at least thanks to Lotus Blossom I have a dream tail design.

I also want to find the right person for me to make my dream tail.

But I don't want to cause a disagreement here that was not why I posted this. I just want some help and it would be nice if those of us with general questions weren't ignored for the help we need. Yes I know they get a lot of mail from 11 year olds etc too and a lot of questions about already answered stuff on FAQ etc too but I would think its different asking when you are told to ask for price details etc forgot to mention I need it all in Australian dollars not American since it is so much more expensive here but yes. Also it really turns me off when people don't have good customer service or maybe they do but they ignore the general customers with actual questions that need help rather than just reading there FAQ.

Just saying. But I was just frustrated and needed to say how I felt.

Maybe I say something wrong like I still have to save etc maybe it is all my fault why I don't get the help but who knows and I don't blame any of them but I am also not going to sit here and blame myself for it all too and get down about it as that gets you no where and if no one will help me well then we shall just have to wait and see.

But once again I didn't post this for an argument or disagreement I just want help! But like always I bet that won't happen I have actually still get disappointed but knew that would be the case anyway just going to go and delete my whole question on Facebook now there is really no point trying to save for my dream tail when I don't get help to allow me to do it!

Thanks
Paint $100, extra fins $100 each (I considered my fins special too and my heel fins were the first set they ever made) and last I heard they don't charge for custom flukes since the fluke is included in the main charge. I think someone asked them that before.

SeaVixen
01-22-2015, 03:16 PM
Thanks I was honestly giving up hope and I was reluctant to share it as much as I wanted too because it is so unique I didn't want someone taking it from me! I just wanted to find the right person as I have no idea how much my tail will cost as it comes to different amounts with each maker! Mernation said theres start at 2500 but fins etc are extra hence the contact finfolk costs more for the extensive paint job etc all charge extra for fins and dorsal. I just wanted a rough idea I guess and each time I didn't get a response I got more disappointed about it all. Especially the fact that in Australian dollars it could come as much as a thousand more than what Americans would pay for it! No offence.

I might share my tail will see it is still a work in progress thanks to Lotus Blooming but I love it so far with the general idea she has. I just really don't want my idea stolen from me cause it could be years till I can afford my dream tail. And I adore like anything Mernation, FinFolk and Merbellas tails they are so beautiful and I want to get mine possibly from one of them or was considering PearlieMae and no offence but the thing there is I don't think her scales would suit my pattern but I love her work too and wouldn't mind a tail from her down the track too.

But thanks I just want to do my best to actually have my dream tail and this year I am going to MerQuest Australia with a fabric tail. Another year I would love to show up with my dream tail more than anything :)

THanks a ton I feel better now! And I will keep on dreaming and aiming for my tail. I think though mine could depending on who I go be 6000 australian dollar or more not sure hence why I was trying to contact tail makers about it.

Thanks
With MerNation it shouldn't be near that much. I included a picture of my tail. As I said my total was $3210. I typed that into a currency converter and there's the amount my tail would have been in Australian dollars. Not too much of a difference and still in the 3000s. So I suggest adding up the amount in US currency and then type it in a converter to get the total. That's the same thing mernation will do. If you have a dorsal and 2 sets of any other kind of fins and the paint job then your total will be the same as mine. The shipping will be difficult. They guess on how much that'll be. They guessed it would be around $70 but it was $90 to Texas so there's no way for them to know that exactly until it ships. International is always more expensive.

Mermaid Lunette
01-22-2015, 04:07 PM
(Small side note: they do charge extra for custom flukes. They do not have a set amount they charge yet so it is not on their site but depending on the flukes uniqueness they will charge a bit extra. You would need to show them the design to figure out how much though.)

Mermaid Lunette
01-22-2015, 04:10 PM
(Also they respond fastest by email, not facebook. So if any of you have been relying on facebbok and wonder why it is taking a few days while others sometimes get responses with 24 hours it is because they respond fastest to email. It can be found on their website.)

Mermaid Neri Elvina
01-22-2015, 05:20 PM
I have contacted them over Etsy and they tend to be quick

Mermaid Silverlilly
01-22-2015, 07:12 PM
Seavixen yes I wasn't expecting a total rundown of costs I just wanted ideas and I always struggle with currency conversion here no matter if I use a calculator or not! And I am fine with waiting for a response I am just happy as they are the first ones to ever respond to me pushed them to the top of the list in my books. And you didn't need to mention about all the emails they get in a day I knew that too as I said.

I knew someone would bring this stuff up even though I said I knew it. I didn't want to cause disagreements here but I really am happy to wait for a response! I was just excited to get one and yes I know they are busy and can't give exact prices particulary ased on descriptions since I am not willing to share my design with others yet cause I want it to be individual

But as Mernation said to contact them about dorsal etc prices I did. Thanks for the response SeaVixen and also all online converters I find to be pretty inaccurate to be honest! I have never had one that was correct at all! Usually they are wrong and I end up having more money come out than I expect for things I pay for because the converters are always wrong! And at least they are willing to answer my general questions about things unlike the others I appreciate all your information but will wait to hear from them about even costs before I go trying to work things out as I am not very good at maths most of the time!

But thanks for the help anyway!

AmbrGlows
01-22-2015, 07:52 PM

SeaVixen
01-22-2015, 08:02 PM
Lol

Mermaid Silverlilly
01-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Sorry please excuse me before all I was and am very tired!I really appreciate you guys help it means a lot to me and I am so sorry for before! My appologies! Thanks a ton for your help again!

Sent you a private message apology too SeaVixen as I know all you were trying to do was help. And I appreciate it just my tired brain didn't accept that!

Mermaid Kelda
01-22-2015, 10:25 PM
I always struggle with currency conversion here no matter if I use a calculator or not! [...] also all online converters I find to be pretty inaccurate to be honest! I have never had one that was correct at all! Usually they are wrong and I end up having more money come out than I expect for things I pay for because the converters are always wrong!
Type this into Google (replace 3210 with whatever other amount you want to know):

3210 USD to AUD

Google will show you the current & correct global conversion rates.

The reason you have more money come out than you expected is your BANK does not charge the exact conversion rate - all banks will charge a slightly different conversion rate, always higher than the actual global price, and it will likely change every day, so all you can do it call your bank on the day you want to buy something and ask what their rates for that day are.

Mermaid Silverlilly
01-22-2015, 10:29 PM
Thanks Mermaid Kelda! Will do that much appreciated! thanks a ton!

AmbrGlows
01-22-2015, 11:36 PM
I had trouble getting a reply once but it was because the email never went through. I forwarded the original email and an added note. Lauren normally replies but I think she was out of town so Erin replied. Erin said the first email never arrived. We then proceeded to email back and forth for a few days. They've always been helpful even though I'm not ready to order my tail yet a d won't be for some time now. Gonna be another year. This year will be all about saving money and losing inches around my hips & gut.

Mermaid Silverlilly
01-22-2015, 11:52 PM
Thanks AmbrGlows spoke to them via Facebook today and I now know they are the ones to make my dream tail! They said she (why do I keep referring to my tail as part of me lol) will be the most complex tail they have ever done and that the fluke will be completely unique and one off in the design! I also found out roughly how much I will need to save to get her made and they will make her all pretty and shimmery as well with the other colors! Just how I wanted her! So they are totally willing to go out of there way to make my dream tail exactly how I want and are excited about it's complexity! Said to message them again closer to when I am able to order and we can discuss order details etc and to be fully prepared my dream tail will cost A lot which I knew it would. So happy right now!

I also have the dream of maybe one day using her to do real life kids parties in the area I live since there is no one else here that does anything like that and I know Mernation tails will be durable and last too! OMG I am so happy right now! I can't wait to get the money saved to get my dream tail!

Mermaid Silverlilly
01-23-2015, 07:29 AM
Oh in case anyone is interested after speaking to Mernation today I found out custom flukes are around 1000 + for one may be more if you want to be the only one with it so they don't use it on anyone else's tails in the future I am not sure what I will do yet keep it individual or allow them to use my dragon/siren style fluke :) Any opinions?? Still have to save the cash yet but would be people here choose to keep the fluke individual or allow others to use your fluke after you have it?? I did say I didn't mind if it was used for others but now I am kinda thinking maybe keep it so I have the only one! But will see when I have the cash saved would you guys keep it individual if you wanted a totally unique design like I do?? Or allow others to have the pleasure of getting your fluke design if they wish since you have the first one so others can enjoy it too?? At least that is what I was told with the price I don't know if that will be a regular price or not. But mine is a very complex tail design that they told me would be a very expensive tail.

Just curious about what others would do if they were in this situation?

Thanks all

Mer-Crazy
01-23-2015, 07:57 AM
You could always do a Kailani? Have a unique fluke and let them use an altered version of it? i.e Kailani has the Kailani fluke and Raven doesn't offer it, but she offers the butterfly koi fluke, which is an altered version of it?

Mermaid Silverlilly
01-23-2015, 08:00 AM
That is a good idea actually Mermaid Selene as to be honest when I do have the cash saved up cause I will be paying a fortune for my individual fluke/design I do kinda want to keep it individual but good idea if they can offer an altered version of it I get to keep my very unique tail which I will be paying a fortune for but then others can have a slightly different fluke to use for there tails and mernation gets another fluke to add to there range! Thanks great idea!

MermaidCelesteFL
01-23-2015, 06:34 PM
Thanks to Lotus_Blooming, I have an updated version of my tail design! Check it out!

Mermaid Neri Elvina
01-23-2015, 06:39 PM
Thanks to Lotus_Blooming, I have an updated version of my tail design! Check it out!

Another Lotus masterpiece! I need to get some ideas together!!

Merman Arion
01-23-2015, 06:46 PM
Wow! It could have been a GREAT Finfolk tail :swoon:

MermaidCelesteFL
01-23-2015, 07:08 PM
Heaven only knows how long that would take and how much that would have been. Besides, Mernation is willing to personally do my fitting for my tail at my home and hand-deliver my tail.

With the intricate paint job, dorsal, pectoral fin, competitor monofin PLUS finned mermaid bracers and top, the whole thing came to $3400. I'm done with the first half already. I'll be making the first down payment as soon as I return from the Hoggetown Ren Festival.

Mermaid Lunette
01-23-2015, 07:16 PM
Heaven only knows how long that would take and how much that would have been. Besides, Mernation is willing to personally do my fitting for my tail at my home and hand-deliver my tail.

They are also great with updates and staying in touch from what I have heard from others ^^

They are a lovely choice :)

SeaVixen
01-23-2015, 07:45 PM

With the intricate paint job, dorsal, pectoral fin, competitor monofin PLUS finned mermaid bracers and top, the whole thing came to $3400. I'm done with the first half already. I'll be making the first down payment as soon as I return from the Hoggetown Ren Festival.
That is a great deal! Not much more than mine cost. I love the work they do and how willing to help you with everything they are. I'm hoping to be compensated by the usps for my dorsal. I'll be taking it to the post office tomorrow to see if I can get something out of the insurance mernation put on the tail and they are working with me every step of the way by contacting usps and sending them detailed info about what happened. They are just as concerned as I am about the issue. I'll keep yall up to speed but just know mernation is helping me with this.

SeaVixen
01-23-2015, 07:47 PM
They are also great with updates and staying in touch from what I have heard from others ^^

They are a lovely choice :)
Oh yeah they text almost everyday, most of the day with the updates especially during the painting process. I even got an update on Christmas day

Mermaid Silverlilly
01-23-2015, 09:41 PM
Yeah I was surprised I can't order yet but they were very happy to talk with me and actually give me an idea of the costs for making my tail custom fluke and all and were very helpful! I am so happy and really was so pleased they did that. Now to get the money together so I can place an order for my dream tail.

SeaVixen
01-23-2015, 09:45 PM
Yeah I was surprised I can't order yet but they were very happy to talk with me and actually give me an idea of the costs for making my tail custom fluke and all and were very helpful! I am so happy and really was so pleased they did that. Now to get the money together so I can place an order for my dream tail.
I began talking to them in March and ordered in December. They were happy to talk to me even when I wasn't ready to order or wasn't even close to having the money. Even when I had the money they never rushed me to order. They told me when I'm ready no hurry. It was 1 1/2 months after I got the money when I actually ordered. Never felt pressured or anything.

Raayvhen
02-07-2015, 03:12 PM
SUCH FAST COMMUNICATION!

And they have excellent flexibility with budgets! I have a feeling I'm going to be ordering from them in the very near future.

I just have to decide if I want to order or make.

merkitty
02-07-2015, 03:35 PM
I am going to be ordering a single blue colour tail (with white accents upgrade) and 4 sets of fins in march! I am so excited! I keep seeing and reading all of these mernation related things and going crazy with anticipation. Its going to be so great! :dance:

MermaidCelesteFL
02-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Congrats, merkitty! We'll be mersisters again!

merkitty
02-08-2015, 12:56 AM
Its definitely gonna work out better this time!

Mermaid Silverlilly
02-08-2015, 02:00 AM
I hope it both goes well for you girls!

I don't yet have anywhere near the cash to order my tail but MerNation have been wonderful to me and responding to all my queries regarding colors and glow paint and glitter coatings and just everything I have had questions about that relate to my design and even by giving me an approximation of what I would need to pay for my dream tail! (Which is quite a lot)

They can't answer everything cause I don't yet have the money to be a client but I am hoping even with my situation to save the cash to get my tail asap and so I just leave them to respond as they can considering how busy they are! But there communication and also time it takes them to make the tail etc was what made me know deep down they were the ones I had to go with for my dream tail! They were even kind enough to follow me on my Mermaid page on Facebook like how amazing is that??

I wish you all luck with it and can't wait too see your tails and how they turn out! Will definately keep an eye out to see what your tails look like as I am sure they will be stunning!

SummerRogue
02-15-2015, 07:01 AM
*screams* Omg I've just payed for my tail! It should be ready by April! I went for the single colour tail and a top to match. I think I'm the first scottish mer to have a silicone tail? I don't know but I'm just way over excited!!! :D

Mermaid Martha
02-15-2015, 07:58 AM
*screams* Omg I've just payed for my tail! It should be ready by April! I went for the single colour tail and a top to match. I think I'm the first scottish mer to have a silicone tail? I don't know but I'm just way over excited!!! :D
Yay! Congratulations! That's amazing! It'll be nice to have some more Mernation mermaids in the UK! What colour will your tail be?

SummerRogue
02-15-2015, 08:03 AM
Its going to be metallic silver :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Mermaid Martha
02-15-2015, 08:13 AM
Oooo that sounds lovely! We will be gold and silver Mernation mermaid!

SummerRogue
02-15-2015, 08:18 AM
:)

MermaidCelesteFL
03-05-2015, 03:40 PM
I just submitted my down payment on my tail! Lauren came and measured me for my tail and helped me make my duct tape dummy at my apartment! I'm so glad I'm going with MerNation! :)

(1800 to go!)

MarkF
03-05-2015, 03:55 PM
You've earn it.

SummerRogue
03-05-2015, 04:07 PM
Yay celeste! Congrats:)

merkitty
03-05-2015, 05:01 PM
That is so awesome Celeste :D I hope my boyfriend does a good job of measuring and dummying me up. I'm gonna mail my dummy and bra base out first thing next week. I really hate paypal -.- their fees are astronomically high for stuff like this. Yay for cheques. I wish I lived in Florida too! I am so excited for both of us :dance::yay::swoon::cheerleader: I need a multitude of emoticons to express how excited I am, haha.

Aurellia Gyldenscale
03-12-2015, 12:03 PM
I'm debating between a mernation fabric tail and a mertailor performance spandex tail. Anyone have any pictures of Mernation's fabric tails? The pics on the etsy page didn't help me decide as much as I wanted. Pros? Cons? I know Mernation is quite a bit more affordable.

Sherielle
03-12-2015, 12:10 PM
My review and a picture of mine is here; http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?7818-MerNation

SeaVixen
03-12-2015, 12:50 PM
That is so awesome Celeste :D I hope my boyfriend does a good job of measuring and dummying me up. I'm gonna mail my dummy and bra base out first thing next week. I really hate paypal -.- their fees are astronomically high for stuff like this. Yay for cheques. I wish I lived in Florida too! I am so excited for both of us :dance::yay::swoon::cheerleader: I need a multitude of emoticons to express how excited I am, haha.
I mailed them a check with my duct tape dummy. Bypassed PayPal I mean I was already having to mail my duct tape dummy might as well throw in the check too.

SeaVixen
03-12-2015, 12:51 PM
I'm debating between a mernation fabric tail and a mertailor performance spandex tail. Anyone have any pictures of Mernation's fabric tails? The pics on the etsy page didn't help me decide as much as I wanted. Pros? Cons? I know Mernation is quite a bit more affordable.
Haven't you looked at their Facebook and instagram. Their Facebook has some in the time line album if you scroll to the bottom before they ever had silicone. They have a video on their YouTube of their spandex tails in the water too

AmbrGlows
03-13-2015, 06:39 PM
The mermaids at Week I Wachi use MerNation spandex tails if I remember correctly.

MermaidCelesteFL
03-13-2015, 09:11 PM
The mermaids at Week I Wachi use MerNation spandex tails if I remember correctly.

I believe they made their own. That's a lot of commissioning for a lot of mermaids and seasonal outfits when all you really need is a decent sewing machine and spandex.

SummerRogue
03-14-2015, 06:22 AM
Yay they just contacted me saying they will be pouring my scale sheet tomorrow! well it might be today actually considering the time difference! o my god I'm way too excited.
They are adding a violet sheen to the silver :) *screaming*

OceanWhisper
03-14-2015, 07:49 AM
Yay! Congrats!! :D

Mermaid Saoirse
03-14-2015, 11:55 AM
Congrats SummerRogue! It must be exciting :D Your tail's birthday is here!

I'm still on schedule to order my tail early April. Between school and raising money for my I've barely been able to be active.

SummerRogue
03-14-2015, 01:54 PM
Does this mean I get to eat cake?

SiaTheMermaid
03-14-2015, 01:56 PM
Yes, yes it does

SummerRogue
03-14-2015, 02:00 PM
WOO! ...Wait I don't have any cake :( i'll just eat some pancakes instead :/

SiaTheMermaid
03-14-2015, 02:02 PM
Pancakes have the word 'cake' in it, so it can still be counted as cake :)

SummerRogue
03-14-2015, 02:04 PM
Yay!

Aurellia Gyldenscale
03-17-2015, 12:14 PM

See I wasn't sure about that....Mertailor says on his website that his performance spandex tails are used by Weeki-Wachee (sp?) But there could be a big difference between them buying one, trying it out, and not liking it and him claiming that they use them.

Yulia
03-17-2015, 02:56 PM
"***Price Update***
Effective April 1st our ONE COLOR full silicone tails will be increasing in price to $1700. If your order is paid in full by April 1st you will still receive the $1200 price. Thanks! "

From Mernations facebookpage.

Princess Pearl
03-17-2015, 03:11 PM
Nooooo... that's a $700 increase in Canadian :(

I really have to ramp up the savings.

Yulia
03-17-2015, 03:21 PM
Nooooo... that's a $700 increase in Canadian :(

I really have to ramp up the savings.

And a 4540 increase in Swedish crowns... Damn you world economy!

SummerRogue
03-17-2015, 04:42 PM
Guys, they've just sent me pictures!!!!!

Yulia
03-17-2015, 05:22 PM
Guys, they've just sent me pictures!!!!!

Wohoooo!!! :cheerleader:

SummerRogue
03-17-2015, 05:26 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/03/17/4788fc29e17962a5a1001b22cfed9920.jpg

MermaidCelesteFL
03-17-2015, 05:52 PM
So exciting!

SiaTheMermaid
03-17-2015, 06:36 PM
That metallic sheen is so pretty :o

merkitty
03-17-2015, 07:43 PM
Woah :swoon::swoon::swoon:

SummerRogue
03-26-2015, 12:37 PM
My tail is finished!!!!!! I'm so excited! Hopefully be picking it up on the 9th of April :)

Yulia
03-26-2015, 12:42 PM
My tail is finished!!!!!! I'm so excited! Hopefully be picking it up on the 9th of April :)

So happy for you! :yay:

SummerRogue
03-26-2015, 02:42 PM

Elodea the Mermaid
03-26-2015, 03:34 PM
My duct tape dummy for a single color tail arrived in Tampa today! I am soooo excited. They are doing a very bright orange-yellow, and they told me they can make it super shimmery. My friend and I are going to finish up the paint job in bright orange and red-orange when it arrives.

I've been working with Lauren, and she is awesome. She has probably exchanged about 20 emails with me already. Their responsiveness is just awesome. They are also super flexible, and really willing to work with you on what you want, even just starting from the single color price. They were willing to add heel fins and a simple paint job (one more color as a highlight) for less than their custom tail price. I decided to keep it simple, but I really love how flexible and helpful they've been.

SeaVixen
03-26-2015, 05:51 PM
In case you haven't heard I wanted to update yall about the insurance claim mernation made with USPS regarding the damage done to my dorsal during shipment. USPS compensated me!!!!!! It was all thanks to mernation though because they did the biggest part of the fighting with USPS and had most of the stress but we got USPS to own up to their mistake and make it right with me so special thank you to mernation for helping me through this! I am Soooooo glad I went with this company! They are super loyal to their customers all the way! They really do care about each and every one of you guys. They continue to care even after the tail leaves their hands! It took 3 months of fighting back and forth with USPS because they kept trying to back out of it. So YAY! Now I can put this whole thing behind me and finally fix my dorsal and have no more worries!

SummerRogue
03-26-2015, 06:58 PM
Yay that's great, I just read it on your Facebook. Your tail is beautiful by the way :)

SeaVixen
03-26-2015, 07:10 PM
Yay that's great, I just read it on your Facebook. Your tail is beautiful by the way :)

Don't know who's following me on there so posting here too :) had to share the great news. Maybe now USPS will learn to respect people's mail!

SummerRogue
03-26-2015, 07:13 PM
Nah post services don't really care lol

merkitty
04-05-2015, 03:39 PM
Mernation posted this photo on instagram of my fins today :swoon::swoon::swoon:

Elodea the Mermaid
04-05-2015, 04:13 PM
Beeeautiful colors!

MermaidCelesteFL
04-05-2015, 05:06 PM
Finished my taxes! My tax return will fully cover the rest of the cost of my tail!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeaVixen
04-05-2015, 05:06 PM
Mernation posted this photo on instagram of my fins today :swoon::swoon::swoon:
Wow that's your tail!!!

Mermaid Mystery
04-05-2015, 05:13 PM
I decided I want a man o war tail from mernation! now to save up...

Elodea the Mermaid
04-07-2015, 02:21 PM

Oh my gosh... my tail is almost done! I was going to paint it myself, but my experiments on fully cured silicone made me nervous that the color wouldn't adhere, so they let me upgrade and did the beautiful orange for me. I am completely overwhelmed.

Elodea the Mermaid
04-07-2015, 02:24 PM
This is the palette I sent them for reference. The color matching is soooo good.
Freak. Ing. Out.

Yulia
04-07-2015, 02:28 PM
It's beautiful! Very tropical. :)

merkitty
04-07-2015, 02:28 PM
:swoon: its gorgeous!

Mermaid April
04-07-2015, 03:20 PM
That is gorgeous!! They are also making my tail, I love their work!!

Mermaid Mystery
04-07-2015, 04:17 PM
that is STUNNING! this is so exciting lol

Talia
04-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Oooooh, pretty!

Mer-Crazy
04-07-2015, 10:29 PM
There need to me more goldfish tails haha.

Elodea the Mermaid
04-07-2015, 10:34 PM
Thanks, guys! I can't wait to see all the upcoming tails. The MerNation pod sure is growing fast :-D

OceanWhisper
04-08-2015, 04:04 AM
Goldfisshhhhhh :D :D It needs gold accenting! Very pretty :)

MarkF
04-08-2015, 12:23 PM
I like the blending, just stunning. For me- Some tails character only reveals it'self once the Mermaid is in it. All tails are works of art, but the dream/life/excitement isn't shown until it's whole.
That's just me, think'n.

SummerRogue
04-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Picking up my tail today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/08/ec84532cac87eff478f443954ab36da0.jpg I'm so excited!

Mermaid Sirenia
04-08-2015, 02:19 PM
Picking up my tail today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/08/ec84532cac87eff478f443954ab36da0.jpg I'm so excited!

Love it! It makes me think of armor haha

Yulia
04-08-2015, 03:55 PM
You and the tail is going to look spectacular in the Scottish nature! :swoon:

SummerRogue
04-09-2015, 12:23 AM
Oh my god I love it!!! I'm so happy, it's a lot heavier than I expected but I'm sure I'll get used to it :) it took me three tries to get it on and I had a short swim in the hotel pool a few minutes ago. The top is amazing it really does look like armour when it's on :) here's a pic of me during my first attempt at putting the tail on lol I got it to my hips when my feet slipped out of the foot pockets :/ but my mum took pictures anyway :) I'm so happy!!!!!!!:Dhttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/08/55078e51683ae765aaca1bc4f39b7599.jpg

SummerRogue
04-09-2015, 12:24 AM
That pic is awful omg:/ i don't know what face I'm pulling lol hopefully more pics in the sun tomorrow :)

Mermaid April
04-09-2015, 12:46 AM
You look beautiful in your tail!! Another fantastic job by MerNation! I can't wait to see them bring mine to life!!!

merkitty
04-09-2015, 04:50 AM
My tail is complete! :D I am so excited to get it and I cant wait the 1 1/2 more weeks before my road trip down to Florida to pick it up ;__; Its going to be my first time visiting some proper warm water beaches! And Im going to be doing SO much shelling! I plan on going to Clear water, honey moon, caladesi, venice and Sanibel island. I hope I come home with buckets of shells...And I get to do it all with my tail! :yay::cheerleader:
http://i.imgur.com/YY7Yj1B.jpg?4
http://i.imgur.com/9YOXD5G.jpg?3
http://i.imgur.com/eGhKgZb.jpg?3

Mermaid Mystery
04-09-2015, 04:54 AM
ITS SO PRETTY OMG

Elle
04-09-2015, 05:03 AM
After all the drama Merkitty, I'm so glad you finally will have your tail

Mermaid Neri Elvina
04-09-2015, 06:30 AM
Ahhhhh so pretty :swoon:

AniaR
04-09-2015, 06:41 AM
Merkitty if you're picking it up and bringing it back to Canada be sure to be honest on the customs forms about how much it cost. Get them to give you an invoice to bring back. You'll have to pay custom fees and they'll take it and you'll have to go pay and they'll give it back. But if you put it any less they'll conviscate it and keep it a long time so just be honest. Fees are about 10%

We had quite the time flying our tail in so just be prepared!

Elodea the Mermaid
04-09-2015, 12:17 PM
Oh my gosh, they are both sooo pretty! So exciting!

SummerRogue
04-09-2015, 12:48 PM
Oh my gawd it's so beautiful underwater! I got some pictures. It counter illuminates like a real fish! Pictures coming soon !

SummerRogue
04-09-2015, 12:52 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/04/09/695bca2c14b222bdb904ea59101329f1.jpg

Yulia
04-09-2015, 01:14 PM
Aaaaaaaaaah oh my gosh :swoon:

Sherielle
04-09-2015, 01:40 PM
I am jealous of yours silver tail!

MermaidCelesteFL
04-09-2015, 03:13 PM
@Rogue- You and I in your hotel pool, Saturday night. Mermaid party.

@Merkitty-Would you happen to be on my end of town on the 25th? You could join our pod for a group swim!

merkitty
04-09-2015, 07:17 PM
Merkitty if you're picking it up and bringing it back to Canada be sure to be honest on the customs forms about how much it cost. Get them to give you an invoice to bring back. You'll have to pay custom fees and they'll take it and you'll have to go pay and they'll give it back. But if you put it any less they'll conviscate it and keep it a long time so just be honest. Fees are about 10%

We had quite the time flying our tail in so just be prepared!

Thanks for the heads up! I am not sure if it will be the same for me because I am going to be driving.

@Mermaid Celeste, Thankyou so much for the invite! I wont be able to make it on the 25th (I'll be in Venice, im on a pretty tight schedule cuz I want to go to as many beaches as possible in a few days >.<) , but I will be there on the 24th, do you know any mers in the area that might be willing to have a mini meetup at Clear water beach on the 24th?

And thankyou everyone else for the tail love :group hug:

AniaR
04-09-2015, 07:26 PM
Yeah its the same driving. My uncle is a customs officer just fyi

MermaidCelesteFL
04-09-2015, 07:41 PM
Just a quick heads up, Clearwater's water is NASTY. It's name is misleading. It's still a beach, but the water is brown and there are no waves. Sorry about that.

merkitty
04-09-2015, 08:13 PM
Just a quick heads up, Clearwater's water is NASTY. It's name is misleading. It's still a beach, but the water is brown and there are no waves. Sorry about that.

Oh... this is like greenland all over again LOL. Would you mind giving me some recommendations? Can I message you on facebook?

Yeah its the same driving. My uncle is a customs officer just fyi

Alright, Thankyou :)

MermaidCelesteFL
04-09-2015, 08:28 PM
To be honest, I'm going to be at work for the next five hours, so having my phone is a no-no. You can message me here, though. Or email me.

merkitty
04-09-2015, 09:03 PM
To be honest, I'm going to be at work for the next five hours, so having my phone is a no-no. You can message me here, though. Or email me.

Thats alright, I wont be leaving for another week and a half so if you ever have time to chat before then that would be great. :)

MermaidCelesteFL
04-10-2015, 12:21 AM
Go ahead and message me on FB (either profile), and I'll answer.

SummerRogue
04-10-2015, 08:24 AM
Yay pool party! We definitely have to do it say sixish? Saturday?

Feli
04-11-2015, 01:08 PM
hello. I sell my mermaid tail because of an accident . it was used only once. is not damaged. it is wonderful. for questions, just send a message to me. Or a email : Felicitas75@gmx.de

Mermaid April
04-11-2015, 01:37 PM
how much are you selling it for?

Mermaid Mystery
04-11-2015, 03:11 PM
oh my gosh it's perfect!

Ashe
04-11-2015, 04:45 PM
It is gorgeous! I'm sorry about whatever accident caused you to need to sell it, it's wonderful.

MermaidCelesteFL
04-13-2015, 07:42 PM
I got to meet up with Summer this past weekend to admire her new tail and it was so cool! It even changes colors depending on what kind of light it's in! Her fin is definitely heavier than mine, harder to fold neatly, but is also not transparent (Thanks, Jesse) to where you can see the monofin when you move the tail. It's very sturdy, very shiny, very awesome. I can't wait until my income tax comes in!

Mermaid April
04-16-2015, 03:23 PM
Tail updates from MerNation!! I am so super excited and so beyond impressed with their attention to detail and customer service!28992 289932899428995

Yulia
04-16-2015, 03:31 PM
The fins are really pretty! :D

Mermaid Mystery
04-16-2015, 03:48 PM
oh my gosh that's like my dream tail it's so pretty

MerEmma
04-16-2015, 04:19 PM
Looks like the Cheshire Cat! Lovely colorations. <3

Elodea the Mermaid
04-16-2015, 04:22 PM
My tail shipped from Florida today, scheduled to arrive in Cali on April 23! I am hyperventilating over here!!!!

SeaVixen
04-16-2015, 05:02 PM
Love the color choice of course I'm a pink lover lol

Feli
04-16-2015, 06:45 PM
how much are you selling it for?

Hi, i sell it for 1200

Greetings

Mermaid Neri Elvina
04-17-2015, 03:09 AM
April that is gorgeous!

OceanWhisper
04-17-2015, 08:57 AM
Tail updates from MerNation!! I am so super excited and so beyond impressed with their attention to detail and customer service!28992 289932899428995
Pretty in pink! I love the little side fins and the dorsal :D

Mermaid April
04-17-2015, 11:03 AM
Thanks it is being shipped out tomorrow!! I am so excited!!

Mermaid April
04-18-2015, 01:43 PM
29064 29065 My tail is on it's way! So excited! MerNation has been so incredibly awesome!! They are the ones to go with for making your dream tail, they totally nailed the look I had in my head!

Mermaid Mystery
04-18-2015, 03:24 PM
it's beautiful! I think I have to put it on my reference list, those stripes and colors are gorgeous!

Rett
04-19-2015, 04:45 PM
That is one stunning tail April! And thats coming from a guy who usually hates pink!

merkitty
04-21-2015, 07:42 PM
I am leaving to pick up my tail in just a few hours:yay: Its a long road trip so ill be getting it bright and early Friday morning! I made them a little something because they are so lovely and went above and beyond what I expected with my tail and their customer service. I'm pretty sad the patch printed out kinda ugly. It looked alot nicer in photoshop, curse you inkjet printer! :thumbdown:

Sassenach
04-21-2015, 08:16 PM
How sweet of you! I think they'll really appreciate it!

OceanWhisper
04-21-2015, 10:07 PM
Mermaid April that finished tail is awesome :)

And Merkitty, that's a very kind gesture, I'm sure they're going to love it!

Elodea the Mermaid
04-21-2015, 11:01 PM
IT'S HERE!!!!!!! MY BABY IS HERE!!

Merkitty, I think the pillow turned out wonderfully, and I think it is a really nice gesture.
April, your tail looks like candy and I love it!

Sassenach
04-21-2015, 11:45 PM
Omg Carabosse it's so pretty!!! I'm so excited for you!!

OceanWhisper
04-22-2015, 01:12 AM
IT'S HERE!!!!!!! MY BABY IS HERE!!

Merkitty, I think the pillow turned out wonderfully, and I think it is a really nice gesture.
April, your tail looks like candy and I love it!
Beautiful tail!!! Very tropical- I'm sure it'll look stunning on! :D

Elodea the Mermaid
04-24-2015, 03:24 AM
Couldn't wait to try it on, so I tried it on on a tarp in my living room, haha.
Sorry about the bra in the background. I was classy enough to swap it for a bathing suit top, but not classy enough to remember to move it for the pictures. I was too excited!!

Merman Arion
04-24-2015, 05:08 AM
You look stunning! :D

OceanWhisper
04-24-2015, 07:16 AM
!!! Your new tail looks amazing! Congratulations :D

Talia
04-24-2015, 11:16 AM
Your tail is stunning and looks just *perfect* on you! Congrats!!

Seatan
04-24-2015, 11:20 AM
G-g-g-gorgeous!

Ashe
04-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Those colors totally work for you! <3

Sassenach
04-24-2015, 12:10 PM
You look amazing in those colors!!

Mermaid April
04-24-2015, 12:28 PM
Gorgeous tail!! It looks beautiful on you!!

Princess Pearl
04-24-2015, 01:59 PM
Gorgeous goldfish :)

Yulia
04-24-2015, 02:16 PM
It looks like you've always had that tail, perfect colors for you! :D

Elodea the Mermaid
04-24-2015, 04:46 PM
Thank you so much, everyone! I'm glad I went with my heart and got a tail in my favorite colors. I was waffling between this and going very natural. I'm taking her for her first swim on Sunday and I am wickedly excited!

MerEmma
04-24-2015, 05:20 PM
The colors seriously do suit you SO well! Beautiful design too! Congrats! <3

Mermaid Neri Elvina
04-24-2015, 05:52 PM
So gorgeous! You look amazing <3

Mermaid_Kenzee
04-25-2015, 10:52 PM
I really want to buy one of their scale tops!! The only problem is that I'm only a 32A and I like them strapless and I fear it might slip down. I emailed them asking about it but I wanted to ask you guys what you think of the scale tops and your experiences with them?

Keiris
04-26-2015, 12:40 AM
Thank you so much, everyone! I'm glad I went with my heart and got a tail in my favorite colors. I was waffling between this and going very natural. I'm taking her for her first swim on Sunday and I am wickedly excited!
Elodea your tail is striking! Those colors will really beam through the water no matter where you swim. Congratulations!!!

Mermaid April
04-28-2015, 01:50 PM
I now have 2 MerNation tops. They are both comfy and durable. They will actually charge less if you buy the bra base to ensure proper fit, and their customer service is second to none, they are the best! I highly recommend their tops and tails!!

Talia
04-28-2015, 01:54 PM
I really want to buy one of their scale tops!! The only problem is that I'm only a 32A and I like them strapless and I fear it might slip down. I emailed them asking about it but I wanted to ask you guys what you think of the scale tops and your experiences with them?

I have one, and it is my favorite top so far - I have a seaweed top by Merbella and one my mom and I made. To me it is the most comfortable thing EVER. Not only because they used a bra that I sent them, so it is my exact size, but also because it adheres to your skin and does not move at all while swimming. Here is a review I posted on my blog, I just realized it never made it here, I'll have to correct that:

Mernation top review (http://kaleidoskopicromance.blogspot.com.es/2015/01/mernation-scale-silicone-top-review.html)

SummerRogue
05-05-2015, 04:54 PM
I've taken a few pictures of my tail now that I'm home, this one is my favourite:) maybe because my face isn't in it :/ it looks really purple, it's much more grey/silver in real life.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/05/2afe37e5e4f63a1b03c7fe8818ba1169.jpg

Elodea the Mermaid
05-05-2015, 04:57 PM
I've taken a few pictures of my tail now that I'm home, this one is my favourite:) maybe because my face isn't in it :/ it looks really purple, it's much more grey/silver in real life.http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/05/2afe37e5e4f63a1b03c7fe8818ba1169.jpg

The way the colors shift is so beautiful and fishly! I love the fact that it is secretly lavender sometimes. So pretty.

lynsea
05-06-2015, 12:11 PM
One thing I will say about all of these tails is the craftsmanship and fit look spectacular. They are, compared to some other tail makers, relatively simple without a huge amount of detail so it would be easy to pick up on any discrepancies if there were any. The tails are just so simple and perfect. The fit looks ideal. Can someone who owns one of these tails confirm this for me?