PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for fundraiser incentives!?

Kelphinea_Kelp
03-28-2014, 06:13 AM
So, I like many before me, and many after me, am trying to jump on the success wave as a designer in this and other communities. And I'm starting by researching and asking questions, and soon doing product testing! But wile i do this I understand that supplies are an expense, and the goal is to one day do this on a mass level.
So I will need to first get the financial backing to purchase the supplies I will need to do product testing. Next once I have found out what materials work for me, I will need to then test out the "test products" that i have found that work for my plans, on myself. Then once i find out which plans work, and which plans don't for my needs, and the needs of others, I can then go on to making the plans a reality and using them in my future business endeavors.
But in order to do all of this I need to ask for help from outside communities, and i need to begin fundraisers to help network myself and my plans to these other various communities and interested parties. The problem is, it's a good idea to offer supporters and interested people an incentive to support your cause, and other then T-shirts, coffee mugs, and key chains I'm not sure what else I could offer as an incentive with out spending a little money and being creative, and perhaps making something personal, and unique for interested investors.

So what are some good incentives that you think you as a person or "mer" would enjoy spending money on, wile at the same time investing in my, or anyone's business plans?

ShyMer
03-28-2014, 06:42 AM
A designer for what? Maybe it's just that I had less than five hours of sleep last night, but I completely missed what you're planning on making.

Kelphinea_Kelp
03-28-2014, 07:23 AM
Well because you had less then 5hours of sleep i guess i can be nice <3
But yes im talking about all thing aquatic... mer. special effect... cosmetic.... household...... you name it... which is why I said only the word "design" because it covers a larger category.
Hope you can understand that... with you know... less then 5 hours of sleep and all LOL

ShyMer
03-28-2014, 01:21 PM
Do you have access to a button maker? If so, maybe you could make some fun mermaid collage buttons. Each one could be unique and a surprise. you could also try decoupage for a similar idea (not just buttons either.)
Maybe you could try your hand at making mer jewelry?
This could be a fun thing:)

Sent from my Huawei-H867G using Tapatalk

Kelphinea_Kelp
03-28-2014, 01:39 PM
Mer jewlery is a great idea I can make all kinds of stuff rather quickly. but that button idea is MUCH faster though im saddly not near a button maker... at least I don't think.. though I could check with some local high schools or something!

Mermaid Momo
03-28-2014, 05:14 PM
I know a bunch of online button makers and sticker makers and stuff! (thanks to working at artist alleys at anime conventions haha) So if you ever want to know where you can buy certain stuff like buttons, stickers, acrylic charms, wooden charms, laser cut charms, prints, etc. just PM me! I'd be more than happy to help If I'm able to!

Mermaid Momo
03-28-2014, 05:16 PM
But I would look for cool things that I can use to accessorise things. Like phone charms, necklaces, posters, post cards, pens and pencils, shirts, earrings, etc. And the jewelry doesn't have to be made of seashells and such, you could use images or clay to make them!

Mermaid Jaffa
03-29-2014, 01:46 AM
You could make Clam Treasure Lockets.

Like the kind one of the Ren Fair mermaids have at the bottom of their tanks. I forgot her name. Mes something. But a tiny one the kids can wear.

Or Seashell Treasure Boxes. Cover a plastic box with seashells.

Because every little girl needs a treasure box to hide her trinkets.

Pencil Toppers, mermaid and mermen figurines, motifs they can iron or sew to their clothes, bags, jewelry.

Key chains, key rings, there are so many possibilities!