PDA

View Full Version : More on Lady Gaga Mermaid

AniaR
07-12-2011, 11:12 AM
You may recall Gaga did a show recently in a mertailor tail, it was studded and baggy and she apparently cut it down the back so she could wear a costume with heels still underneath it. Originally she was planning on doing a music video for edge of glory but when it looked like the guy who did sax for her was going to die she changed the video last minute as a homage to him. Apparently we're still getting a mermaid video!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1667045/lady-gaga-mermaid-video.jhtml

Now, I know you all don't like Gaga and you all don't like "trends" but I am totally rooting for this! lol

MermaidAubrin
08-07-2011, 05:18 PM
I like that lady gaga was a mermaid but I did not like the tail since it was baggy it kinda ruined the effect :(. That's just my opion

AniaR
08-08-2011, 09:12 AM
Most people didnt actually like the tail, which was an older one of Eric's that he re-did for her. Im just excited that she's even doing mermaid at all :) cant wait for her music video she keeps teasing us all with :)

Kanti
08-10-2011, 05:03 AM
Bahaha I love Lady Gaga. Well I did, her music nowadays is meh. It was a lot catchier before, but I still like it :')
The tail was a bit disappointing, though. It was wayy too baggy, but I also understand this because I believe she did a costume change in the middle of the performance.
Still, I would have just asked for a zipper or something so it would at least fit nicely. It just looked like someone skinned a fish and threw it on her lap o_O

Haha how mean, I know, but I call it as I see it. I was disappointed ):
I have high hopes for whatever she does in the future, though. I think she's planning to do a full underwater video of her in a tail. THAT should be good.

AniaR
08-16-2011, 03:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NK02HXzcPM

here's the music video! but I dont think that's a mertailor tail :P

Aquatarian
08-16-2011, 03:43 PM
OH MY GOSH... I just died.

Holy carp! That was amazing! I LOVE the tail. It's all so her.
I can wait media reports on this, not to mention fan reactions!

AniaR
08-16-2011, 03:45 PM
I love her so freaking much and this was my fav song from the album so I am blown away

AniaR
08-16-2011, 03:50 PM

I love her. She looks kick ass.

This is my favourite scene, hehe

Aquatarian
08-16-2011, 04:04 PM
I want to know who made her tail! I thought it was cgi at first but it looks legit!

More!...
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq19scXgod1r08yzzo1_500.gif

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq18gxMSvs1qmhxhbo1_500.jpg

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq187rad4l1qkcl9uo1_500.gif

She is such a PIMP!!!

AniaR
08-16-2011, 04:10 PM
omg I love those thanks for posting them ahhh!

AniaR
08-16-2011, 04:29 PM
p.s. KL came up with the best thing, Gaga says we're all her little monsters? Well, we're all her SEA Monsters!

Aquatarian
08-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Haha! I would have never thought of that! Genius! :cool:

jukumerboii
08-16-2011, 05:27 PM
and i came up with "Put Your Fins Up!"

Aquatarian
08-16-2011, 05:36 PM
Oh my gosh. lol We need to start making t shirts.

Mermaid Photine
08-16-2011, 05:46 PM
I really love her tail. Its raggedy and "wild" looking- reminds me of Brian Froud's drawings, and Merrows.

MermaidNerenia
08-16-2011, 07:44 PM
I would so buy a "put your fins up little sea monsters" shirt!

AniaR
08-16-2011, 09:43 PM
they started a facebook page for it, LOL. Im going to make a video of me in my tail in the tub playing my guitar and singing you and I.

jukumerboii
08-16-2011, 11:22 PM
yes raina do it,,that would be awesome!!

AniaR
08-17-2011, 01:00 PM
FYI Eric did NOT make the tail in this video, even though people are saying he did- he's not correcting them, but he didnt.

Aquatarian
08-17-2011, 07:31 PM
FYI Eric did NOT make the tail in this video, even though people are saying he did- he's not correcting them, but he didnt.

I totally agree with you. The detail in the body and tail does NOT look like his work at all. Plus it looks a lot thicker than his usually are. Besides he said she was going to use one of his golden tails... umm I don't think so. He revamped that dark one for her concert in France but it makes no sense why she would go to a completely different color after she had the color schemes (her hair color, skin tone, and tail) worked out for a while. I don't have insider information or anything but it makes absolutely no sense for her to use a bright golden tail when she had plans to use a black tail for a long time.

Sorry but it sounds like he's puffing things up a bit to make himself sound more busy with famous people like Lady Gaga.

Ugh.

Anyway, lol YES Raina!!!! I would die of happiness if you sung in the bathtub. :) And who's makin these tshirts I seriously want one now!!

jukumerboii
08-18-2011, 04:07 AM
Soooooo.....Eric totally DELETED my comment on the vid of "You and I" he posted on his page,,like Raina said pple was swearing up and down he made that tail,,,all i simply said was,,"no yall he didn't make the tail but maybe in the next Yuyi vid?!",,,now that i look back at it...he DELETED it!!!!!!!!! like Eric WTF...i hope he sees this too real talk,,dude y u so full of ur self?! Yea its his page and what not but did he really have to delete pple's comment who just simply said he didnt make the tail????? Boy Stop!! It's what ever though,,he's so not going to see me buying a tail from him!

His comment:
"I apologize for inappropriate posts which were created on earlier this evening. I had no control over these posts being created by fan page members. They have been removed. I wish everyone well with their future endeavors."like i said b4,,,Boy Stop!! It's funny how he be swearing up and down that sum1 is trying to steal his designs and "colours",,,but he's clearly doing that by not telling pple he ddnt make that tail.

Rant Over!

MermaidSaku
08-18-2011, 04:26 AM
I think he deleted my post i made on his page as well just as he did juku. :/
I made a comment on the weird support age thingy. I don't understand what he is up to. Good or bad review wise being truthful won't ruin his career! He should be more confidant than that! :/

I'm not a big fan of Gaga but when it comes to the mertailor when he said he made that tail. i was really happy things were going so good for him. Yet now i just feel really confused and hurt that things are getting so weird.

jukumerboii
08-18-2011, 04:53 AM
958 ​the shirt lol,,4give my fins,,its just an idea

MermaidNerenia
08-18-2011, 11:27 AM
they started a facebook page for it, LOL. Im going to make a video of me in my tail in the tub playing my guitar and singing you and I.

If I could sing I would so join you but alas I am a mer who was not blessed with a beautiful voice!

MermaidNerenia
08-18-2011, 11:29 AM
So the real question now is who is the Mystery Tail Maker?

AniaR
08-18-2011, 11:47 AM
id buy that shirt

Aquatarian
08-18-2011, 12:04 PM
So the real question now is who is the Mystery Tail Maker?
Gah I wanna know so bad!!! I have absolutely no clue.

And yes. I want one too. :D

Aquatarian
08-18-2011, 03:33 PM
965 I hope you don't mind playing with things a bit, jukumerboii. Just thought I would put my own spin on things. :) There's text on the back that says "Yuyi Fan" in the same aqua color.

971And there's an Aqua colored octopus on the back of this one. :)

MermaidNerenia
08-18-2011, 03:41 PM
I would buy that with the "fins up" on the front and the "sea monsters" on the back