PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered a Waterway monofin

MerAnthony
04-08-2014, 11:00 AM
I just ordered a waterway model 1 monofin. While I was talking to the lady an she was telling me that the Finis competitor an the waterway model 1 monofin have the same blade. The only difference is the foot pockets. As to why Finis charges $300+ for a monofin is beyond me. When I just paid $233.90 for waterway model 1 with the same blade. Now I live in NY state an this price I gave is with shipping included. So you fishy folks out there that are in need for a good monofin for a good price I would say get a waterway monofin. Oh an the do take Paypal, plus if you have any questions they can help. (954)323-2222 is thier number.

http://www.freedivinginstructors.com/proshop/index.php?route=product/product&path=63&product_id=63

Mermaid Jaffa
04-09-2014, 12:07 AM
This was one of the ones I looked at, but I didn't understand the stiffness values so I never gave it a second thought.

Is there more speed/power than the Wave? Not that I'm wanting to buy another monofin, just curious.

MerAnthony
04-09-2014, 07:48 AM
The wave an the Rapid are made out of a type of plastic which is flexable. The blade is made out of fiberglass an the thickness of the blade decides on the stiffness. I which gives more speed an power. The blade on the Waterway monofin an the competitor monofin is 27.6 inches wide. So compare it to the Finis wave it's huge.

Mermaid Jaffa
04-09-2014, 10:11 PM
Bigger fin... Hm... I'll leave it to the experts!:lol:

MerAnthony
04-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Ireneho: Raina has a competitor in her tail. She can tell you on how much power her tail gives her.

Mermaid Jaffa
04-12-2014, 11:56 PM
I can see the power she has in her tail. Been watching some of her vids too.

Its just something to think about, whether I'll upgrade to a better one some time in the future.

Naiad Rose
04-16-2014, 11:23 PM
I've been very curious about the Waterway monofins. The foot pocket shape looks very interesting. But I never looked into it much because I was confused by all the different blade stiffness types offered, I haven't seen anything about what makes them different or which is preferable, and I have no idea what the difference between a Model 1 and a Model 2, etc, is, and also because I haven't seen anyone say anything about the sizing. Like, the Finis website measurements put me in a size Medium Competitor, but I'm SO glad I found the advice online to get a size lager. My Large Competitor is plenty tight, a Medium never would have worked.

Mermaid Jaffa
04-17-2014, 09:16 PM
Same. I had wanted to get a Waterway since it was more affordable than the other monofins I looked at, but also didn't know what the stiffness levels meant. The explanation on the website made it sound so technical, I didn't understand any of it!