PDA

View Full Version : Fishy Facebook Likes

Sirenade
04-10-2014, 09:48 PM
I have never liked Mertailor on facebook (and never plan to), but I like to see what it is up to. It has been very interesting to watch his number of likes increase as he "gains" popularity, but I am wondering how many of those "likes" he as just bought for himself. I mean, why would his most popular city be Bangkok, Thailand? Same thing goes for Mermaid Melissa- why would Bangkok, Thailand be her most popular city too? How desperate do you have to be for likes that you need to buy them?

Winged Mermaid
04-10-2014, 10:34 PM
We've actually discussed this a few times in other threads. Mertailor, Melissa, Kat, and others jump up sharp numbers of likes and their most popular cities are either always either made up cities or random words (bots) or poverty stricken 3rd world countries (also bots). Bangkok, Thailand is THE place for bots and buying fake likes in general. If a person's most popular city is that it's guaranteed that the likes are fake. We've also discussed how not only does this make you look stupid and desperate, but it also actually REALLY hurts your actual reach on FB, and therefore hurts your business promotion. It's a really stupid move, but people still do it out of desperation.

AniaR
04-10-2014, 10:58 PM
Yes I've provided proof for this in several threads :) it's buying likes and now the main client people buy likes from offers a subscription services where you pay a weekly or monthly or yearly fee for unlimited likes on your fan page and your posts. http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?5641-Why-Buying-FB-likes-makes-your-company-look-Stupid

AniaR
04-10-2014, 10:58 PM
at one point Kat's city was "table" LOL just table.

Sirenade
04-11-2014, 01:54 AM
LOL, glad to know I wasn't the only one noticing this. :P

Meilyn
04-11-2014, 03:36 AM
Maybe people from other countries genuinely like their pages?

I know a lot of non U.S. countries, mainly Asian ones, have a LOT of internet cafes so even though it may be a third world country, it's a possibility.

I have 4,400 and still growing, number of likes on my page and I hardly even update it with pictures of myself anymore...

Meilyn
04-11-2014, 03:42 AM
Oh and there's a way to get your digits up to quad if not even 6 digits within a week or so WITHOUT having to buy "likes".

If you have a popular page such as Dark Beauty magazine or in my case, Dark Beauty and Damn_Asians along with a few other ton of models who have a crap load of followers: literally, all they would have to do is share your page and tell others to like it and support you.

I went from starting/only friends, up to 1.5k overnight just by having my friend's pages share me. Then working with x person who literally has over a million subscribers on YouTube... He shared me and got me 2k overnight as well. The others just come as a few each day when I make no effort. 10-20 when I post something worthwhile that gets shared a lot and 100-400 hundred when I feel like asking others to share my page.

AniaR
04-11-2014, 07:47 AM
Again... I've proven this. You gotta look at everything already posted. It is not a case of legit like increases.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Sirenade
04-11-2014, 01:39 PM
Just found the original posting by Raina! http://mernetwork.com/index/showthread.php?5641-Why-Buying-FB-likes-makes-your-company-look-Stupid&highlight=buying+likes