PDA

View Full Version : What do you tell kids about your octo-tops?

Winged Mermaid
04-11-2014, 01:06 AM
So I may be in a position here soon to get a Merbellas top! EEEE so excited!! According to Raven's listings, the Ursula top (https://www.facebook.com/MerBellaStudios/photos/a.586657038057047.1073741828.178589958863759/603279116394839/?type=3&theater) is the best top for a D cup (which I am). But it got me thinking.. what do mermaids, especially professional mermaids, tell kids about their octo tops? I mean.. you're a REAL mermaid, so why would you have a fake octopus or octopu's arms on your boobs? If so, why isn't he moving? Is he dead? Is he sleeping? The full octo tops have open eyes.

What do you say about full octo tops? What about partial octo tops (just the tentacles, like the Ursula top)? I feel like having certian tops might be a can of worms for convincing kids I'm real. What do you think?

Phoenix Mermaid
04-11-2014, 02:00 AM
I tell kids that my octopus won't let me leave the sea topless because it's inappropriate so he freezes up and covers me. That's also why he doesn't move so he won't fall off. Then I usually hand a spray bottle off so they can mist my tail and octopus so he doesn't "dry out" lol

Phoenix Mermaid
04-11-2014, 02:02 AM
But the octopus top definitely does encourage kids to be touchy with him.

Merley
04-11-2014, 03:16 AM
Aww, that's cute Phoenix. Also, I love the Ursula top. Do want, but I'm small in the chest region...

AniaR
04-11-2014, 01:26 PM
I call mine the octoboobie And they love it lol

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Mermaid Lorelei
04-11-2014, 06:18 PM
I've never had kids ask if it was real or not. They just like to look at and touch it. XD

Mermaid_Kenzee
04-12-2014, 04:56 AM
I really want one really bad but my parents said no does any one have any idea on how to convince them to let me buy it??? ( with my own money of course)

Winged Mermaid
04-12-2014, 05:34 AM
If it's your money it shouldn't matter, should it? I mean my parents always told me I could buy whatever I wanted as long as it was my money, even when I was a kid. (I had a small allowance from doing weekly chores that I saved for things I wanted.)

BlueMermaid
04-12-2014, 09:38 PM
This is why I started wearing real shell bra's instead of plastic ones. The kids can be relentless with their questions! haha! I love it, but you gotta be prepared!

I can't even imagine trying to explain an octopus on my boobs to a bunch of kids! :lol:

Mermaid_Kenzee
04-22-2014, 09:35 PM
how much are merbellas shell bras

Phoenix Mermaid
04-22-2014, 09:45 PM
This is why I started wearing real shell bra's instead of plastic ones. The kids can be relentless with their questions! haha! I love it, but you gotta be prepared!

I can't even imagine trying to explain an octopus on my boobs to a bunch of kids! :lol:

Lol so true! They can defiantly be relentless with their questions, I even got questions about the straps going around my back (bra strap). I'm having Raven make me a shell top specifically so I can wear around children and to children parties. It should help lessen questions on mermaid apparel lol

I love my Octy but he's more suited for larger events, maybe where children won't have time to inspect your clothing. Octopus tops are awesome for photo shoots and video shoot and stuff.

Little_Orca
05-11-2014, 05:01 PM
Just tell them that mermaids are endothermic and that it's a warm place for him to hang out.

Siren Stargazer Moonglow
06-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Lol Phoenix I love it! Very imaginative of you ;) he's like your octo-chaperone!

Chrissy
06-21-2014, 04:52 PM
What amazing a creative explanations. I love the one about not leaving the sea top less b/c the octopus finds itinappropriate!!! That is great