PDA

View Full Version : So, what's the deal with Wyland Monfins? Are they owned by Finis?

malinghi
10-30-2011, 11:36 PM
I'm just really confused, cause these Wyland Monofins appear to be identical to the Wave and the Rapid.

http://maxborgesagencyblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Wyland-Monofin.jpg

New York Mermaid
10-31-2011, 12:04 AM
both are made under the FINIS i believe,I have no idea i guess its justone of those "limited edition" type of things.

AniaR
10-31-2011, 10:17 AM
whats the deal with this great big finnis monofin blackout? XD every tail maker seems to be waiting on monofins from them and are back ordered for months!

MermanMatty
10-31-2011, 11:44 PM
It really is bad! Eric called Finis and they said that people were buying them 120 at a time! They told Eric there is about a 3 month wait for the next shipment because they have so many preorders! It's crazy! He almost got a bald spot from pulling on his hair so hard lol :)))

malinghi
11-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Finis probably feels the same way Pabst Blue Ribbon did when they discovered hipsters had created a huge new market for their product. A mixture of excitement and confusion.

AniaR
11-01-2011, 02:39 PM
I know mermagica had a big issue with finis as well.

Well we know one thing, the mermaiding world is growing big time.

Odette
11-01-2011, 09:46 PM
mermaids are growing too fast. its crazy! i have met so many aspiring mermaids after the pirates 4 movie.

HBMermaid_Angela
11-02-2011, 12:10 AM
I ordered the Wyland version last year in July and it took until October of last year to receive it. My Finis Competitor I had to order from Amazon.com

AniaR
11-02-2011, 01:19 AM
I had to get my finis off amazon too

malinghi
11-02-2011, 04:51 PM
You know what's so weird? When I decided to get a monofin I found a shop near where I live that sold them, and drove over and bought a Tempo monofin. It's crazy to realize much later how incredibly lucky I was, and that for most people buying a monofin is often really hard. Plus the Tempo isn't even available anymore.

Merman Chris
11-12-2011, 02:07 PM
I got the same deal Malinghi....a big swim outlet place like a mile from where I work, all models in stock. It's so awesome, I can just run over on my lunch and pay no shipping charges.

Mermaid Saphira
11-12-2011, 04:58 PM
Luckkkkyyy! Wish I could do that! I looked in EVERY swim shop and still can't find a single one :(

Aquatica
11-14-2011, 04:36 PM
I asked in a local swim place /scuba store here and they gave me a puzzled look when I asked about a mono fin.

"a mono what???"

Mermaid Saphira
11-15-2011, 04:04 PM
Boy, thats sad when a scuba shop doesn't even know what a monofin is! We just had a new shop open up near by, he knows what a monofin is but doesn't carry them :(
Plenty of fins, caps and goggles though

Damica
11-16-2011, 09:01 PM
I found mine on Amazon as well. Every local sports/swim store I went to looked at em oddly, and were quite rude, when I asked if they carried or could get monofins. I also was unable to get a tempo, having to go with a rapid.

I have noticed a push in mermaid-ing since pirates, but can you blame them. It's kinda every little kids dream. I'm sure it will die back down over time.

-Annwyn-
11-18-2011, 05:16 AM
You guys think you have it tough?? Down here in Oz we have so much trouble ordering them even if they ARE in stock! And looking on Amazon recently, I have noticed that the supplies for monofins are running very thin.