PDA

View Full Version : Help me fight boredom! AKA: I want to make some websites :)

Mermaid Momo
04-20-2014, 11:08 PM
Hello all! Lately I have had nothing to do because I tend to finish work really really fast in one go. And because of that, I have been staring at the internet bored, or napping my days away :) So to try and stop having such lazy and boring days, I decided that I want to offer to complete websites for mers who may need the extra help in making theirs.

I've been playing with these sites for years but never actually had a reason to publish one since I'm not a professional mer, but I really enjoy doing it. I know I'm not the best at these kinds of things, but hey, it gives me something to do.

so here are the specs:

first come first serve
I prefer you have at least 5 photos that you want to go up on your site (you may have noticed that I only used 3 photos on my test site: one logo and two stock photos of fish that I repeat over and over again, so If not 5, 3 or 2 will be good. just some kind of photo to put up.)
you have to create an account on the site on using (webs) make sure you use a password you don't mind giving to me so I can log in and edit your page for you (so something like "test123" then when I'm done with the site, you can change your password.) The good thing about this is that you can input all of your information yourself like the "about me " section. Or prices.
Have an idea of what you want your URL to be because they charge $5 USD to change it to something else later.
Videos are good to have too :)
Also, it'll be nice if you had an idea of what you want your site to look like. Sort of like a "theme" or "Aura" (Like "sideshow mermaid" or "fairy tale", etc.) It'll make it easier for me to tie everything together and find free backgrounds to use. :)
I also suggest getting a gmail account for your mersona if you don't want to use your personal account to log in. Though I swear I won't use your information for anything else than logging in to work on your site for you until it's complete, or you don't want me working on it anymore.
See the test site I made here: http://thesecretecove.webs.com/

Have any questions, then feel free to post them, Want me to work on one for you, post here too (I'll use this thread as a queue to see which ones to do next) and I'll PM you for more info and directions for setting up stuff :)

Mermaid Wesley
04-20-2014, 11:13 PM
Dang I wish I had my tail made and I were ready for this. I would JUMP at this offer.

Sent from my shellphone using Tapatalk

sashiyoop
04-21-2014, 12:53 AM
Dang I wish I had my tail made and I were ready for this. I would JUMP at this offer.

Sent from my shellphone using Tapatalk
Ditto

Kishiko
04-21-2014, 09:48 AM
Hmm I may take you up on this. I'm fairly good at doing websites but I just don't have the time. /:

Kishiko
04-21-2014, 09:52 AM
Also if anyone would be interested, if you sign up through gybo.com for a homestead site builder trial, you get one year free And a custom domain (I.e yourname.com) you don't get very many pages but it gives you lots of time to get your business going and make some money before dumping money into a website :) just a suggestion for everyone!(:

edit: I guess they changed hosts. It's now through start logic so maybe you get more pages!(: