PDA

View Full Version : Hydra Review

Soulstrifer
04-26-2014, 12:39 PM
SO Recently - like a few months ago- My fiancee bought me a monofin that I could start swimming in before I made my tail. Now. I have been freediving for four years and like to consider myself fairly experienced but the monofin I have is a Lunocet... and there is absolutely no way I'd put it in a tail due to the fact that it would be too much of a pain to change out the blades after so long and I feel like the silicon would wear around the pivots a lot. Also... it's expensive and what I use for diving. I haven't swam in a regular monofin in ages. - like... since ninth grade swim team.

We went with the cheapest fin we could find of a decent size and this is what we got. It's not too stiff like my Lunocet - though I can change the stiffness by swapping the blades. - But it's also not terribly soft. I can get good speed from it if I put muscle into it, but I can also cruise about for extended periods of time. I am actually very happy with it. The only problem I seemed to have was the straps. No matter how tight I pulled them down they slid down my heels. It wasn't that they were going to come off, it was just something I noticed a lot because on my Lunocet I wear cycling shoes!

I swam for two hours when I filmed this video, not a sore spot, or a rub or anything. Over all I'm happy with my buy!

http://youtu.be/izWROpy5Loo

AniaR
04-26-2014, 02:54 PM
happy for you... but I couldnt resist..

https://31.media.tumblr.com/3a5c6a925e15d994fdb653d44712bdcb/tumblr_n48n2jqISJ1sdt8d2o3_500.gif

MerGrrl
04-26-2014, 03:10 PM
Gorgeous form!

Soulstrifer
04-26-2014, 05:32 PM
@AniaR: LOL! Oh my god... HOW DID YOU KNOW!? Lol

@Mergrrl: Thank you very much :D It was hard to really get in the swing of things because I didn't have much room but I'm pretty happy with my form. next time I think I will swim with my weights to equal me out.

XMermaidMarinaX
04-26-2014, 09:03 PM
Raina, the only reason I even looked at this was because I wanted to see if someone had posted Hail Hydra. Not only did you put hail hydra, but you had it with Sherlock. Day. Made xD