PDA

View Full Version : Where do you think H2O's tails are gone?

Mermaid Kassandra
04-28-2014, 08:40 AM
I was watching a special about Mako Mermaids yesterday and in the behind the scenes I saw that all the new Actors had a body casting for complite new tails.

Now I was wondering if they got new tails the poductors don't need H2O tails anymore (Emma, Rikki, Cleo, Bella and Charlotte's tails) so where did they put them?

It would be interesting to know it!
I was also thinking that they could sold them.

What do you think?
Do anyone know something about this?

lynsea
04-28-2014, 09:33 AM
Tails like that usually go into a prop "closet" (closet = massive storage facility). Production teams save EVERYTHING so things can be recycled for other movies. I'm guessing that's where these tails are.

Marlin
04-28-2014, 02:40 PM
Tails like that usually go into a prop "closet" (closet = massive storage facility). Production teams save EVERYTHING so things can be recycled for other movies. I'm guessing that's where these tails are.

Second this. It's why you can see props from one show/movie show up in another as something else. It saves money. If you've ever seen Mythbusters before, that's what their shop essentially is.

If you were wondering if you could buy one, there is still that chance. Some shows have an auction after the show wraps (Star Trek did this as did Battle Star Galactica) where they sold off their props at an auction. Granted, you can probably expect to pay a TON of money for one of them.

Mermaid Jaffa
04-28-2014, 10:06 PM
If its anything like those 20k Thailand tails, I think I'll just stick to fabric!

Beautiful to look at, not within my budget... Though do people pay that much for custom tails?

I know they range from 1k to 5k sometimes more, but 20k?

AniaR
04-28-2014, 10:37 PM
yup or a vault for collector resale. happens all the time.

Mermaid Jaffa
04-30-2014, 09:48 PM
Though thinking about it, I wouldn't mind buying one if they had a garage sale!

Mermaid Kassandra
05-14-2014, 02:04 AM
Yes I thought to the "auction option" I think it's the best and fastest way to sold all that stuff and gain a lot of money...
Ireneo you're right it's too much for a tail!

Sent from my RM-914_eu_italy_283 using Tapatalk