PDA

View Full Version : Deviant art owns rights to all your stuff!

Mermaid Wesley
05-02-2014, 02:43 PM
-----EDIT----- none of the below is true. I misunderstood something.
---------- (can be deleted if that's a thing admins do)
I just read that by posting any material to deviant art you give them permission to sell it without notifying you or giving you any royalties. This means if you post photograph or art on deviant art they can sell your material to anyone for any reason. You could find a picture of yourself in an advertisement you didn't get paid for, on a t shirt, etc. I know a lot of you use deviant art for mermaid photography and I just wanted to let you all know that you should really review the terms of service and make sure you're okay with giving deviantart the rights to all the material you post.
Best,
Wesley

Sent from my shellphone using Tapatalk

AniaR
05-02-2014, 02:45 PM
No. They don't. I'm a senior member of DA. Have been for 11 years. This is 100% not true.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Mermaid Wesley
05-02-2014, 02:48 PM
I don't use it at all, actually I just got worried for all my mer friends! Glad to know it's not true.

Mermaid Wesley
05-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Oh yeah I just read more of the agreement and they 100% need your permission to sell stuff *facepalm* sorry guys

AniaR
05-02-2014, 02:54 PM
And you get money. I sell on DeviantArt

Rivertee
05-14-2014, 10:51 AM
I also sell on DA, it's true they have to have your permissions but if you're worried about art theft (which happens a lot) just place the watemark on it or make one of your own ^.^

Mermaid Jessica Pearl
05-14-2014, 11:12 AM
I had a mini panic there but all ok haha!

AniaR
05-14-2014, 01:33 PM
DA addressed this too with an official statement
They do not own the rights to your work.