PDA

View Full Version : Mertailor's next vlog about mermaids forums

Merman Arion
05-03-2014, 08:47 AM
Well, the title says it all. This is gonna be interesting to watch and hear his... objective opinion?

Thoughts?

Kishiko
05-03-2014, 09:40 AM
HA wonder what he has to say about our merman scale bikinis thread.... this should be interesting

Merman Arion
05-03-2014, 09:46 AM
I wonder if he's gonna praise himself and his "fans" for the creation of the MerForum.

He will definitely be talking about MerYuku and MerNetwork. I think.

AniaR
05-03-2014, 11:09 AM
well, there's really only one mermaid forum so I think we can know what to expect,

remember Eric, your videos can be removed if you cross the wrong line ;) and then your youtube account gets suspended! All his vlogs have been so far are trashing people and making digs at each other and people. Very negative. And he's wondering why they aren't making the big splash he thought they would. People don't wanna sit and watch a video where all you do is hate, unless that's all they do too ;)

AniaR
05-03-2014, 11:10 AM
my next vlog, whiney tail makers and the boys that love them!!! lol

j/k

I go out of my way to make sure my vlogs are as helpful as possible :D but he is very clearly threatened by them. I like how he says he gets emailed about it a lot lately. So many people just lie about stuff like that "well loads of people message me" as if it validates their argument. *rolls eyes* I keep screen shots ;)

Kishiko
05-03-2014, 11:29 AM
HAHA DID ANYONE SEE THIS

"MerForum vs MerNetwork
by Admin Matthew » May 2nd, 2014, 10:17 pm

Today, Eric and I received several emails from multiple people, telling us that they appreciate us creating an environment for everyone under the sea that isn't hostile and, to quote, "98% judging".

"Hey matt and eric we just wanted to say thank you for making a new forum that isn't so hateful and focused on targeting certain things about everyone. At least on merforum everyone can be everyone and more importantly, themselves, because they have experienced the mernetwork and experienced the joys of being surrounded by a place of 98% judging. just wanted to say thank you!"

These are one of the MAIN reasons we created this forum! I hope everyone feels that this is a place of no judgement and I want everyone to feel comfortable! If there's anything else we can do to make it more comfortable, please let me know!"

Merman Arion
05-03-2014, 11:36 AM
You mean THAT?

Kishiko
05-03-2014, 11:43 AM
Yep lol because we just judge everyone on the forum and everyone hates everyone else

Merman Arion
05-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Users currently online right now :

Merforum : (included me for taking the screenshot)

MerNetwork :

I guess we know where people feel the most COMFORTABLE ;)

Kishiko
05-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Kind of sad to see a few of our MerNet mers migrated over there. But hey if they like it, then good for them :)

Kishiko
05-03-2014, 11:46 AM
Users currently online right now :

Merforum : (included me for taking the screenshot)

MerNetwork :

I guess we know where people feel the most COMFORTABLE ;)

I was one of those guests too, so lets see of the three guests two were people from here stalking that forum to see what it is.... lol XD

Merman Arion
05-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Stalking is the wrong choice of words for what we both just did.

Eric spying our forum through spies or some alias, now that's stalking :p

Kishiko
05-03-2014, 11:50 AM
Stalking is the wrong choice of words for what we both just did.

Eric spying our forum through spies or some alias, now that's stalking :)

Thats true.. we were being informed networkers. (BEtter? XD) Also what I find funny, if you go to the reviews section, there are four RAVING reviews for mertailor and nothing else for any other maker

Ariadne
05-04-2014, 05:04 AM
my next vlog, whiney tail makers and the boys that love them!!! lol

Dang! I totally thought you were gonna say...and the octopi that love them!!!

AniaR
05-04-2014, 11:00 AM
In my experience the people who complain are the ones actually causing issues and mad they're being held accountable. They did decide not to post a vlog about it though so I think that's good

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Echidna
05-04-2014, 01:08 PM
Am I the only one who cannot see the screenshots posted above?
I also don't see a thing of other posted images, nor PearlieMae's tail video (doesn't matter whether I'm logged in or not).

I don't even see a "xx.jpg"-placeholder, just a blank... :(

Merman Arion
05-04-2014, 01:09 PM
Am I the only one who cannot see the screenshots posted above?
I also don't see a thing of other posted images, nor PearlieMae's tail video (doesn't matter whether I'm logged in or not).

I don't even see a "xx.jpg"-placeholder, just a blank... :(

Don't worry, it's a bug from the move. It should be fixed soon by the admins. It's still Sunday after all.

Echidna
05-04-2014, 02:40 PM
good to know, thanks!

Starfrit
05-04-2014, 09:21 PM
I honestly can't understand what Eric is trying to achieve with his vlogs?? I mean, it's obvious he's doing it because Raina started doing it, but there is literally no point whatsoever to his vlogs. At all.

Raina's videos were made to help other people get into mermaiding, figure out what products are best for them and their tails, and so on. Eric's just seem to be... Him sitting around talking shit about people and making not-so-subtle passive-aggressive stabs at people and websites that have the audacity to criticize him. There's absolutely no real substance to them, it's just a whole bunch of negativity for no real season and just paint him in a kind of immature light.

I honestly find it suspicious how he comes up with his "topics" for his videos... Especially when he announced he was going to be doing a "Mermaid Forums" topic-- Obviously it would have just been him talking about his forum is the best forum EVARR and full of jabs at other forums like MerNetwork and MerYuku being inferior or full of "haters" or whatever. It honestly just seems like what his fans are asking about doesn't actually play into the topics he covers and he just chooses them based on what's getting under his skin and what he wants an excuse to bitch about now, puff himself up and congratulate himself as The Best Ever.

Matthew's post about "Oh we've gotten so many people emailing us privately to thank us for making a forum that's not AWFUL like all those OTHER forums!1" kind of pushes that point of passive-aggression and self-congratulation even further. I've been an admin on so many different forums and Facebook groups, I've been on group planning committees, and if I had a nickel for every single goddamn time someone pulled the "I've been getting SO MANY EMAILS from people privately agreeing with me!" trick and made up some fake email quotes to try to validate their own unpopular opinion / bad decision / whatever, I'd be lounging back in my personal mermaid lagoon surrounded by gorgeous men and women in custom Merbella Studios and Finfolk tails on the grounds of an exorbitant palace built on my own private tropical lagoon. I've seen people pull this crap so many times that the second someone just jumps in and starts quoting anonymous emails that conveniently pat them on the back while hypocritically "calling out" people who've criticized them, I just roll my eyes and immediately invalidate every single thing that person has to say. It's such a bullshit tactic and at this point, I can smell it from a whole other freakin' continent.

That forum post is just another ugly hypocritical jab at every forum that isn't theirs for doing the exact same thing they're doing.

They go on and on and on about how people on places like MerNetwork are "98% judging" and hateful people, and how they don't do that because they're ~*better than that*~ and yet Eric's vlogs have been nothing BUT judgmental and hateful. Like seriously, talking shit is all he's done in these things. What was he even hoping to accomplish?

Echidna
05-04-2014, 09:48 PM
ah Tieri, you're giving them way too much credit.
Like, actually being serious or having a plan.

They're just vain immature boys imo, and have this obsessive compulsive thing with Raina (or other well-known mer figures) going on, and can't take it.
That's it, pretty much.
And really, the "98%"-figure made me laugh.
Numbers pulled from one's behind is one of the last resorts of people who don't have any evidence or arguments at all.

However!

lounging back in my personal mermaid lagoon surrounded by gorgeous men and women in custom Merbella Studios and Finfolk tails on the grounds of an exorbitant palace built on my own private tropical lagoon

you just described my personal heaven.
(regardless of whether the lagoon was mine or someone else's, as long as I was there too lol.)

Winged Mermaid
05-05-2014, 03:41 AM
I responded to this (last night) before the server funkyness ate my reply :P So I'll repost my response-

There are currently 4 mermaid forums that I know of.. MerNetwork, MermaidMania (German forum), Wavedancers of Atlantis, and MerForum. I think created in that order, though MermaidMania may have been around before MerYuku (which was our old forum). Something I learned early on about online forums is that not every forum is everyone's cup of tea. I even see this in long hair forums, some people hate one forum and think it's too full of drama and love the other, and vise versa. Heck some people avoid whole social media sites becuase they don't like the general attitude of people on different ones- like some people like Facebook but hate Instagram, others love Tumblr but can't stand how things are on Twitter, ect. Some people just don't like MerNetwork! I understand that, and I'm fine with it. Honestly as long as people in this community always have a place where they can feel safe to express themselves, becuase in a community like this we REALLY need that. There's so much of a "taboo" attitude attached to mermaiding from more "mainstream" folks, that people need a safe space. Malinghi and I created MerNetwork to be a safe space- some people feel it is, but some people don't feel secure here for whatever reason, or just don't like it. We always strive to improve, but that doesn't mean we can please everyone all the time. If more forums mean other people can find a place where they feel comfortable, I think that's awesome :) And I'd never be mad at someone for being on another forum- that's like being mad at someone for only using Twitter when I only like using Facebook :P

The Harlem Mermaid
05-05-2014, 04:56 AM
OMG! I dont know Eric personally and i dont want to know no more all i hear is how hateful he is and envious of others who are indeed sharing their love and knowledge of being a mermaid with mermaid beginners as myself, he has already gotten on my bad side by messing with my Raina whom i love with all my heart and with another person who i wont name, by stealing her ideas, yet i tried to be neutral , He needs to Grow Up!!!! and stop hating i personally dont care he's really meaningless to me but when he affects the ones i care about i wont hold back he needs to hear that he is not a God! there are so many mermaid tail makers that are better then him in every way! and to believe i was in awe of this so call person when i first saw his ff page :( dugh! GROW UP ERIC and leave my mer -friends alone... just saying :)

AniaR
05-05-2014, 07:16 AM
Well Matty actually contacted me the other day over a mutual issue that is affecting at the moment about 5 of us... Maybe 6. He apologized and explained himself a bit and said they wouldn't be posting that video after all. Also they reached out to Raven.

I could go on forever about this stuff. All of it. You know I can. I mean one poster on that forum almost all their posts are passive aggressive against me. ( yes annwyn I report YouTube videos that break the rules! Yes I promote raven and guess what? Everyone else too... Even Eric. All listed in my book resources. )

For now I'm just glad they decided to not upload a video. I have a feeling due to some other behind the scenes bad stuff going on we are ( me and them) going to have to suck it up and play nice for the benefit of the community and dealing with this stuff.

I really appreciate people rallying behind me when you see stuff but you don't have to. I laugh and get annoyed but 99% of the time it doesn't affect me beyond that. When it does I'll say something and ask for help ;)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

PearlieMae
05-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Dang! I totally thought you were gonna say...and the octopi that love them!!!

:rotfl:

Ariel-Starfish
05-05-2014, 11:59 AM
I responded to this (last night) before the server funkyness ate my reply :P So I'll repost my response-

There are currently 4 mermaid forums that I know of.. MerNetwork, MermaidMania (German forum), Wavedancers of Atlantis, and MerForum. I think created in that order, though MermaidMania may have been around before MerYuku (which was our old forum). Something I learned early on about online forums is that not every forum is everyone's cup of tea. I even see this in long hair forums, some people hate one forum and think it's too full of drama and love the other, and vise versa. Heck some people avoid whole social media sites becuase they don't like the general attitude of people on different ones- like some people like Facebook but hate Instagram, others love Tumblr but can't stand how things are on Twitter, ect. Some people just don't like MerNetwork! I understand that, and I'm fine with it. Honestly as long as people in this community always have a place where they can feel safe to express themselves, becuase in a community like this we REALLY need that. There's so much of a "taboo" attitude attached to mermaiding from more "mainstream" folks, that people need a safe space. Malinghi and I created MerNetwork to be a safe space- some people feel it is, but some people don't feel secure here for whatever reason, or just don't like it. We always strive to improve, but that doesn't mean we can please everyone all the time. If more forums mean other people can find a place where they feel comfortable, I think that's awesome :) And I'd never be mad at someone for being on another forum- that's like being mad at someone for only using Twitter when I only like using Facebook :P

Well said. :D

halesloveswhales
05-05-2014, 01:31 PM
"A quick edit to this, there was a mix up in wording, we had one email from someone for a complaint on mernetwork, reading the rest of the emails from a few parties, they seemed to have been bullied by SCUBA forums not mernetwork, I read too fast, they mentioned mernetwork with a few choice words in quotes and I took it as their words not quotes, so I take responsibility for that. But I will be asking the people to post here and say their peace about the scuba forums!" -Matty

I really don't want to get into the drama going on here, and I don't want to favor anyone, but I do think we should consider Matty's apology and admire his humility to come out and say that he was too quick to assume. Not many people with authority positions do that, and I personally think it is very mature of him. He went ahead and changed the title of the thread, too.

I know that you guys have strong opinions, and I know that some of y'all have been hurt, but let's try to have some grace for people and look at their good sides.
Love ya!